Sony's "Playstation Now" Service announcement

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thats EXACTLY what this is. They want to stream the games you own to you... for a fee.
This is only a good idea for someone who ISN'T a gamer. Sony could have used this service to let you play your already owned games via Backwards compatibility. But no, they wanna make money
They bought Gaikai an online streaming service, so they can resell you the games you already played.

The more info that drops, the less cool this seems. I'm not dying to play a PS1/2 or even 3 game right now
I played the ones I cared about. If you are a sony head, this isn't really for you. This is more for hardcore xbox gamers who never played the top sony titles.

Now if you own a sony console, you can get games for cheap. But if you don't have a playstaion
Then maybe you wouldn't mind paying $15 to have access to Last of Us/etc. I just don't see this service working via PS4. I never did see it working. Smart move to turn it from a VitaTV to VitaTV anywhere.
They just need to figure out how to market it. sony gamers for instance will not be where they will make money off this. Do THEY know that?

TBC...
but if the Xbox was doing this you'd be eating those words. I'm bookmarking this post until the inevitable "MS now" equivalent drops. :skip:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It's a PS3 controller :dwillhuh:
itAOQHqlArZxR.png
waiting for more duck tales.

Flim flam is everywhere :wow:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats EXACTLY what this is. They want to stream the games you own to you... for a fee.
This is only a good idea for someone who ISN'T a gamer. Sony could have used this service to let you play your already owned games via Backwards compatibility. But no, they wanna make money
They bought Gaikai an online streaming service, so they can resell you the games you already played.

The more info that drops, the less cool this seems. I'm not dying to play a PS1/2 or even 3 game right now
I played the ones I cared about. If you are a sony head, this isn't really for you. This is more for hardcore xbox gamers who never played the top sony titles.

Now if you own a sony console, you can get games for cheap. But if you don't have a playstaion
Then maybe you wouldn't mind paying $15 to have access to Last of Us/etc. I just don't see this service working via PS4. I never did see it working. Smart move to turn it from a VitaTV to VitaTV anywhere.
They just need to figure out how to market it. sony gamers for instance will not be where they will make money off this. Do THEY know that?

TBC...

them wanting to make money doesnt bother me...that's why they doing what they do in the first place...that's why i'm waiting for and wanting more info...besides this and price, i need to know about what games will be offered...i'm thinking they might start with exclusives while they work on deals with devs for non exclusive games....i'll get answers at e3...think that's when the service will launch too...

in the end: overall, the premise sounds great and a win/win for everyone...gamers get access to what could be a massive catalog of games to play pretty much any and everywhere; and devs can make extra money on games...

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
It's a PS3 controller :dwillhuh:
itAOQHqlArZxR.png
waiting for more duck tales.
So tell me Genius :snoop: How do you propose people play the "games" if they didn't use a controller?

:popcorn:
but if the Xbox was doing this you'd be eating those words. I'm bookmarking this post until the inevitable "MS now" equivalent drops. :skip:
Look bruh, you guys (3cepts) stay saying dumbshyt like that. What part of NOBODY is asking for this shyt do you not understand? Xbox has already demonstrated the technology working FLAWLESSLY last year, Halo 4 running on a Lumia 521, a cell phone with like 1/2gig of ram. Just saying.

Microsoft's official response was "They didn't think it was something gamers really wanted. They are seeing how they can make games backwards compatible so they don't have to recharge nikkaz for games they already own. They said if its a feature gamers want, they could implement it and have it up and running faster and better than Gaikai.

Once again, why would anybody want this feature tho? Do I need remind you via a thread you have posted in over the years?
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/official-video-game-backlog-thread.3979/

I guess you can let your backlog go, since you hyped to pay for those same games again :umad:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
them wanting to make money doesnt bother me...that's why they doing what they do in the first place...that's why i'm waiting for and wanting more info...besides this and price, i need to know about what games will be offered...i'm thinking they might start with exclusives while they work on deals with devs for non exclusive games....i'll get answers at e3...think that's when the service will launch too...

in the end: overall, the premise sounds great and a win/win for everyone...gamers get access to what could be a massive catalog of games to play pretty much any and everywhere; and devs can make extra money on games...

Exactly. Microsoft attacked it the wrong way

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Exactly. Microsoft attacked it the wrong way
What the fukk does this bullshyt have to do with Microsoft :what:

You think this is the "right way" :laff:
Ok, then why did they even invent VitaTV :krs:
This makes Vita TV extinct basically... yeah, sony has there ducks in a row (your money they playign with)

You have stated already that you are keeping your PS3, so why would YOU use this service.

I expect you to say "Well, not me. But some other person"

With things like cellphone games being on par with console games.. and the next round of cellphones claiming to be more powerful than XB1/PS4. I just don't see the market
Would you pay to play via your phone... what game in particular sticks out for anyone?
I couldn't name one game I'd pay for the service for. I'd rather play the free games on any phones marketplace

You know what.. Socom 1 and 2 if the voice commands can still work. Thats about it for me :manny:
And while I'm talking shyt today saying I'd buy it. Reality is I'd have to be in a situation where I don't have something else to play, and no access to say my console. Cuz I'd probably be playing Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, then needing a break from gaming. I wouldn't need to replug back in (this time socom) while I'm on the go. We adults now Rekka, we ain't got time for that.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
So tell me Genius :snoop: How do you propose people play the "games" if they didn't use a controller?

:snoop: you keep doing this idiotic shyt, spewing :duck: left and right to see if people get tired of it and let it slide not wanting to feed your :troll: needs. but It's the other way... :youngsabo:
So you want them to stream play on a console the games were already released? :mindblown:
The objective is to run PS3 games on PS4, so not even considering the internet speeds and latency that could affect a DEMO you just posting :duck: that is proof of NOTHING, and specially on a ps3. This is the same bullshyt when you tried to pass the remote play used on PS3 as why it would suck on the Quad :umad:
Stop trying to be a disingenuous nikka, that might've worked with the dumb nikkas you run with trying to make yourself look intelligent but not round these parts.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm convinced you nikkas remedial....that shyt makes it look worst. That shyt looks like 2k14's online lag.
:stopitslime:

That lag isn't as bad as you tried to demonstrate with that slowed down gif. Still very much playable for the games that'll be offered.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps

Look bruh, you guys (3cepts) stay saying dumbshyt like that. What part of NOBODY is asking for this shyt do you not understand? Xbox has already demonstrated the technology working FLAWLESSLY last year, Halo 4 running on a Lumia 521, a cell phone with like 1/2gig of ram. Just saying.

Microsoft's official response was "They didn't think it was something gamers really wanted. They are seeing how they can make games backwards compatible so they don't have to recharge nikkaz for games they already own. They said if its a feature gamers want, they could implement it and have it up and running faster and better than Gaikai.

Once again, why would anybody want this feature tho? Do I need remind you via a thread you have posted in over the years?
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/official-video-game-backlog-thread.3979/

I guess you can let your backlog go, since you hyped to pay for those same games again :umad:

dont know why u keep trying to make this point

over the steam sale i spent a shyt load of money buying older games that i previously owned because i wanted to play them again

we can see how jealous you are of this feature, u aint foolin nobody

and this feature shyts all over every x1 feature

:laff:

once this starts getting marketed, the console race will truly be over

:umad:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
:snoop: you keep doing this idiotic shyt, spewing :duck: left and right to see if people get tired of it and let it slide not wanting to feed your :troll: needs. but It's the other way... :youngsabo:
So you want them to stream play on a console the games were already released? :mindblown:
The objective is to run PS3 games on PS4, so not even considering the internet speeds and latency that could affect a DEMO you just posting :duck: that is proof of NOTHING, and specially on a ps3. This is the same bullshyt when you tried to pass the remote play used on PS3 as why it would suck on the Quad :umad:
Stop trying to be a disingenuous nikka, that might've worked with the dumb nikkas you run with trying to make yourself look intelligent but not round these parts.
In the midst of your furiousness, you have failed to answer the question of how do you expect people to play sed games without using a controller bruh :popcorn:
Be it TV/PS4/Cellphone. How can PSnow work unless you are using a controller bruh.
See what I'm saying now?
Right now, you are that dumb nikka you described in your rant. I don't think I'm smarter than... I know it :manny:
You so furious right now, I'm gonna bold one line of yours that wasn't even fully coherent :russ:
nikka said "The objective is" The objective is to charge you for games you already have owned.
You know, what Nintendo has been doing for the last 10yrs. Japan is like minded in that way (Story Tru)
As for remote play. nikka, I'm not the one who lied to you for an entire gen faking like you had a feature you NEVER had.
So when they start talking about how they gonna do it again with PS4, only a dumbass nikka would take there word with MORE THAN A GRAIN OF SALT. Smarten up
Now remote play for PS4.. that shyt ain't flawless, its not even poppin. shyt, you still don't even realize that most games moving forward will take advantage of that camera you tried to downplay. So remote play wont even be an option for the majority of the top games moving forward. You have literally ZERO idea what the future holds when it comes to gaming bruh. We have reached the point where it has to be new ways to play
Everyone is tried of the same way of playing. Xbox is leading the charge in innovating, and PS4 will follow in its footsteps. Enjoy that new Dish/DirectTV app bruh :
:stopitslime:

That lag isn't as bad as you tried to demonstrate with that slowed down gif. Still very much playable for the games that'll be offered.
Still very much playable for the games that will be offered :what:
Is dis nikka really serious :laff:
And what games are being offered that lag like that wouldn't be a problem for since you seem to be on top of thangs :usure: