Bay Area
E3 been falling off year after year

they had a monopoly on gaming conventions for almost 2 decades

twitch con has bullied its way in :manny:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
No its not...

Launch Larry box can't even handle RDR2 at 980p yet the X can handle it at 4k NATIVE...A console with 100x the CPU and GPU power of its predecessor is not a midgen console...That's a next gen console upgrade bruh...Let me put it to you another way, what exactly will the next box do better than the X ? 4K NATIVE is the next wave...

The Pro on the otherhand is basically a PS4 with an upscaler chip...That's a basic midgen upgrade...

dude didn't MS themselves say it was a midgen console? I know how powerful this thing is, but I don't believe it's their next gen console. unless Pro and X killed the cycle wave.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
A console with 100x the CPU...
it's the same 8 core Jaguar. they just overclocked it from 1.75 GHz to 2.3 GHz

I don't think you can call it 'next gen' when all the games still have to be compatible with the base X1. I think going forward consoles will be backwards compatible, but forwards compatibility has to fall off at some point

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Makes perfect sense for a few reasons

1)Save all of your bullets for the next gen system by pushing back all of your late gen ps4 games to ps5.

2) Letting the AAA multiplat developers eat without much competition from your first party developers sans Sony Santa monica (mlb the show 19)

3) Letting your competitors play their hands first.

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
My god i miss spamming e3 chats with this shyt

XBOX 360 RROD
PS3 NO GAMES
WII FOR KIDS N MOMS

shyt was funny as fukk

:russ:

PS3_HAS_NO_GAME_by_FreshNfly89.png.jpg

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
dude didn't MS themselves say it was a midgen console? I know how powerful this thing is, but I don't believe it's their next gen console. unless Pro and X killed the cycle wave.
I don't care what MS says...

FACT: There has NEVER been a mid gen console that DRAMATICALLY increases performance over its predecessor like the X...

And I was wrong on the resolution of RDR2 on the LBOX that shyt is 864p with regular framerate drops but on the X its 4K NATIVE 30 fps...That is a MASSIVE upgrade bruh...

If you want to consider that kind of an unprecedented upgrade "mid gen" than explain to me what exactly will the next box do better than the X to justify the "next gen" tag ? A controller redesign and VR gimmick?

I can tell you what the PS5 will do...4K NATIVE and they'll aim for 60fps....

Last edited:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps

FACT: There has NEVER been a mid gen console that DRAMATICALLY increases performance over its predecessor like the X...

And I was wrong on the resolution of RDR2 on the LBOX that shyt is 864p with regular framerate drops but on the X its 4K NATIVE 30 fps...That is a MASSIVE upgrade bruh...

If you don't want to consider that kind of an unprecedented upgrade "mid gen" than explain to me what exactly will the next box do better than the X to justify the "next gen" tag ? A controller redesign and VR gimmick?

fair enough.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

same could be said about the Pro (especially since it came out first)

Xbox One - 1.31 tflops
Xbox One S - 1.4 tflops
PS4 - 1.84 tflops
PS4 Pro - 4.2 tflops
Xbox One X - 6 tflops

both mid-gen upgrades are "unprecedented", but that just means they don't fit into the old paradigm of "console generations". it's something new that doesn't fit into the same old box

If you want to consider that kind of an unprecedented upgrade "mid gen" than explain to me what exactly will the next box do better than the X to justify the "next gen" tag ? A controller redesign and VR gimmick?

lets not act like resolution and framerate are the only settings. the X has to make compromises to hit 4K (and every game isn't native 4K). if it had more power, it could hit 4K, plus have better shadows, AA, SSR, etc. not to mention that shyt like real time ray tracing is becoming a thing. it's actually pretty easy to find graphics settings that will crush any GPU. the challenge is finding a balance between the desired visuals and performance

plus the CPU is still the major bottleneck for all these consoles. and that doesn't just affect framerate, but also the overall scope and complexity of the game. a lot of things people expect from 'next gen' games, like being able to enter every building, requires a powerful CPU

people are always saying that "next gen" is more than just better graphics. but here we are saying the X is next gen because it has better graphics. and that is ALL that it has. it plays the exact same games, with better graphics. and the Pro does the same thing

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
but really trade shows in general are becoming a thing of the past. it was a thing where retailers could come to see your product, and hopefully place orders. but all that isn't really necessary with the internet

it was also something that benefited smaller companies. you rent a little booth in the convention center, and everyone attending the event will hopefully see your product. a company as big as Sony doesn't really need that, and for that matter, their presentation is usually at a venue outside of E3 anyway. they could really host an event like that at any time, but they just do it at E3 to piggyback on the hype

I work for a big company that had a booth at E3 this year. A few of my coworkers went and came back talking about how EXPENSIVE that shyt was. They nickel and dime you for everything like wifi, electrical connections, etc. The person who went out there said a lot of companies were disgruntled with how expensive shyt was.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I work for a big company that had a booth at E3 this year. A few of my coworkers went and came back talking about how EXPENSIVE that shyt was. They nickel and dime you for everything like wifi, electrical connections, etc. The person who went out there said a lot of companies were disgruntled with how expensive shyt was.

probably time to cut that expense soon enough.