Sony will be removing Cyberpunk 2077 for purchase on PSN until further notice

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm going to reiterate this for the last time, this game was announced at the beginning of last generation. It was supposed to be for LAST GEN. CD Projekt Red had seven years to get this right. There was no way that they'd skip a generation and an install base of 170m+ with shareholders in their back.

You telling me that it took 2/3rds of a decade to come up with this shyt.

Sony supposedly has Quality Assurance testers before they approve a game. They dropped the ball and allowed this mess of a game to be sold. Sony let this game get out and now it's hitting their pockets that's when they take action.

For all the console wars the big takeaway should be NONE of companies give a flying fukk about their consumers.

That's not quite how the bolded works. So, for Microsoft and Sony, you send them the gold version to get tested for cert. Both sides know this will be busted in some way, shape or form. Sony/Microsoft typically compile their list of issues found through testing, and hand that over to the developer to go along with any issues the developer told them about up front. The developer eventually cones back with a list of how all these things are addressed in the day one patch. In most cases, where the game isn't behind in development, the day one patch may get tested too. But in some cases, the platform holders aren't going to get that patch in time to test, and have to go off of trust in the developer to avoid their marketplace being maybe the one place you can't buy the game at launch. I'd say most of the time it works out. When it doesn't, you get a busted game at launch like what we have here.

Basically, CDPR ran game on Sony, Microsoft, and the media to keep them collectively in the dark so that none of them could raise enough serious concern to force another delay.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
yoooooooooooo. :ohhh:

that is wild...damn...physical copies of the game might end up becoming collector’s items...I’m wondering if I should just take the digital refund since I’m gonna be playing it on the XSX...damn is this unprecedented?
Nah. The game will be fixed and everything will be back to normal. It’s not like this game is going to become a super obscure collectors item now.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Looks like they won't be winning any game of the year awards now. Now with this kind of stank on it.

For the folks talking about feeling all kinds of ways about the digital version, it's not like the game can't still be played and that the refund is forced. If you bought it digitally, you probably already have it installed. I do wonder if it isn't and just in your library if you're unable to dl it now tho. Probably not. Oh well tho.
It wouldn't have won if released well.
Even on PC, story line is good experience isn't anywhere close to the hype.
If you already bought the game it'll be in your library to do what you please with it.

Harsh move but I understand Sony's reasoning - CDPR deflected lost revenues back at console makers instead of completely falling on their swords and holding that loss of revenue L. Don't be surprised if Microsoft actually does the same thing.
They weren't receiving return policy backlash like Sony. This was a good move on Sony part.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
People mad at Sony for pulling a faulty game:pachaha:

How fukking stupid can u be
People asking Sony for refunds so Sony like fukk this game for ps4

I wasn't gone buy that wack ass looking shyt regardless cause I fukking hate 1st person shooters

according to many here it’s a deeply strategic rpg that can’t be played like a GTA open world sandbox, so don’t call this a shooter :ufdup:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
MEMO TO ALL GAME MANUFACTURERS:

Ignore the people when they clamor for the game IF YOU'RE NOT READY TO RELEASE IT.

It's better to make them WAIT than for this B.S. to have happened.

CDPR lost for giving in to a bunch of spoiled, pretentious GROWN ASS MEN calling themselves "gamers".

this ain’t about the fans. This was about the holidays. The people in charge figured if the PC version was good enough and the next gen consoles were up to par then they were willing to cash out and disappear over the holidays. I don’t think they knew what it meant when the devs told them it would be buggy.
Greed is what caused this

Only thing the suits at CDPR cared about was Pre-order records, STEAM records, etc. They didn’t give a shyt that they forced the developers to release an unfinished game, just as long as the profits looked good from releasing this during the holidays in the middle of a pandemic to boost sales.

Corporate greed strikes again. The suits don’t even realize that gamers will support a game no matter what if the product is quality, no matter how long they have to wait. Should’ve been delayed. Sure they get another week or two of slander before people move on, but at least the public’s first impression of the retail game would be like what we saw with all the bugs, glitches, and performance issues.

yea this whole idea that everything has to release around holiday time to be successful is dumb. A game this big would have sold just as much in April as it did in December.
There is a very small demo of people that only buys games during the holidays.

Video game season is all year

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No mans sky wasn’t considered broken...more like false advertising...probably a more accurate parallel would be the battlefield 4 launch. Or......dun dun dunnnnnnn the master chief collection.

I agree, but by all accounts cyberpunk isn't broken either.