Sony will be removing Cyberpunk 2077 for purchase on PSN until further notice

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
i dont understand how it was such a disconnect between corporate and development w this product

i dont really know nothing about the video game industry but i know business well enough to know that this shyt shouldnt be happening on any level

even if the narrative is that the investors wanted a return on their stake in this project and were tired of the delays, did development never communicate with corporate to say that this shyt just is not ready?

i understand nothing like this has ever really happened in video games, but the extent to which this game is not finished whatsoever has me confused as to what the overall plan was in releasing it
There wasn't a disconnect...

Corporate put out dates to secure pre-orders and bragged out records they were setting...

Development told corporate the game wasn't ready to meet those dates...Instead of delaying the game for a fourth time into 2021, corporate under pressure from fans threatening to and cancelling pre-orders, decided to release the game and engage in a PR campaign to deceive console players by only sending copies of the PC version for review...

Its not just the console version, the PC version plays like an early access game...

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Looks like they won't be winning any game of the year awards now. Now with this kind of stank on it.

For the folks talking about feeling all kinds of ways about the digital version, it's not like the game can't still be played and that the refund is forced. If you bought it digitally, you probably already have it installed. I do wonder if it isn't and just in your library if you're unable to dl it now tho. Probably not. Oh well tho.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
If you already bought the game it'll be in your library to do what you please with it.

Harsh move but I understand Sony's reasoning - CDPR deflected lost revenues back at console makers instead of completely falling on their swords and holding that loss of revenue L. Don't be surprised if Microsoft actually does the same thing.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I wonder if the PS versions are still able to be patched/updated or if while its delisted, the current build is the only build :patrice:
They just pulling the game from the store for purchase, not banning the game.

The game will still get patched and the like, there are still plenty of users (primarily PS5 users) who will still be playing the game.