Sony warns of weaker PlayStation business as game sales wobble

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
$70 price tag might need to come down a notch

This generation is going to be wild.

The numbers wouldn't even be this high if it weren't for bundling.

It's odd, their business strategy for last gen would have worked better this gen and vice versa. They are going to try to thug it out this generation like they are Nintendo and are running into some problems with that. I said once that Sony only has two evergreen franchises currently. God of War and Spiderman, everything else is temperamental and transactional with the buying public. This is the division that holds down the fort so they can't just go willy nilly on discounts. Its why I fully expect the PSVR2 to be $499. Losing money ain't what it is for Sony anymore.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its funny to see people worry about this and game sales, its like yall don't remember anything before 2018. Yall living off the highs of a end of a generation and for some reason expect that to be the norm now.

The PS4 just had a phenomenal end of life experience, kind of like the xbox 360 had its mid to late life but on crack. People are trying to make big triple A games a multi time a year normal from 1st party teams and that has really never been a thing for anyone but nintendo (and sega for a while)
IDK what to tell yall to expect next year coming out of playstation 5 for 1st party games. I don't expect sales to look too much better over all either. PSnow should be there focal point imo... grow that and make it even more enticing or secure Square and make stans feel like they are really getting the bang for the buck by giving them what they were already going to get exclusively anyway but under the 1st party name.
Nintendo has the potential of Zelda and metroid and its about time for a new mario (plus a new system) so they are straight for next year and xbox has 3-5 exclusives for next year plus gamepass.

L Ray

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Glass city
Its funny to see people worry about this and game sales, its like yall don't remember anything before 2018. Yall living off the highs of a end of a generation and for some reason expect that to be the norm now.

The PS4 just had a phenomenal end of life experience, kind of like the xbox 360 had its mid to late life but on crack. People are trying to make big triple A games a multi time a year normal from 1st party teams and that has really never been a thing for anyone but nintendo (and sega for a while)
IDK what to tell yall to expect next year coming out of playstation 5 for 1st party games. I don't expect sales to look too much better over all either. PSnow should be there focal point imo... grow that and make it even more enticing or secure Square and make stans feel like they are really getting the bang for the buck by giving them what they were already going to get exclusively anyway but under the 1st party name.
Nintendo has the potential of Zelda and metroid and its about time for a new mario (plus a new system) so they are straight for next year and xbox has 3-5 exclusives for next year plus gamepass.

This is true, honestly all consoles are healthy as shyt right now, we're just sort of in this middle phase of the paradigm shift of purchasing games and gamepass/ps plus. Similar to cd's and streaming at one point.

Microsoft and Sony will figure it out, just gonna take a couple years until it is all smooth. Nintendo does its own thing and works for them so that's why I didn't include them.

A lot of it is going to fall to the developers to be able to make games more efficient and find ways to lower costs without ruining quality.

I'm having a blast this gen. I've played so much shyt I would have never tried without these game catalogs, that in turn allows me to have the dough to purchase what I want.

Thank you Based Sony and Microsoft:blessed:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
We still cryin over the 70 dollars price tag?

Its funny because people still act like its exclusive to sony. Both Tiny Tina and The Quarry were 70 dollars earlier this year, 2K, EA, Square Enix, etc. have already committed to it.

Nintendo will probably raise their prices next gen also

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Under capitalism, every company is a so-called scumbag. Yes, even the ones that you've sworn your allegiance to like the one that charges an arm and a leg for proprietary storage.
Unlike most true stans in here I have all gaming system and play and support the things I like from them all.

But it's not really that hard, we know EA is more scummy than say a Capcom when it comes to consumers.

Just like Nintendo is more scummy than Microsoft and Sony more scummy than them both.

Only one of the big 3 is charging 70 for 1st party games. Remakes, remasters and top shelf prices for "dlc"

It's like Sony stans intentionally willing to pay 15% more for gas because gas prices already high and they getting taken advantage of already so what's another 15%