Sony warns of weaker PlayStation business as game sales wobble

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Flash memory prices vs dvd dont play dumb rekka :unimpressed:
Right, I didn't even bring it up in the whole Nintendo talk. Cartridges cost significantly more and didn't use universal tech so prices varied vastly from game to game and system to system.

That's why when the PlayStation 1 dropped on the scene game prices also dropped.

The funny thing is when gaming went up to 59 bucks about a decade ago and Nintendo switches to cartridges prices didn't shoot back up. Switch games stayed at 59 instead of jumping up another 10-20 bucks.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yall using inflated cartridge prices from the 90s as if that makes it okay. It wasnt right then and it isnt right now.

Talking about entitlement while these rich gaming corporations continue to make record profits while the middle class erodes and wages aren’t keeping up with inflation. Ya, the mean ol consumer should cut these rich bozos a break

Of course it wasn't okay then.

It was WORSE then.

teacher

All Star
Daps
You have an incredible warped view of the gaming industry.

Nintendo has been charging 60 dollars for what are essentially AA games the entire generation and none of them have had discounts. By this logic nintendo by far has the most expensive games on the market.

You also choose to once again ignore that nintendo literally just sold a 12 year old remaster for full price and its still 60 dollars, one that hasn’t had a fraction of the work put into it as TLOU

Along with all the other Wii-U ports.

And unlike sony those games will never be included in any kind of game service or permanently marked down. Once again you’re hiding behind your true preference of Xbox and using nintendo as a shield. Having multiple consoles just means you have extra spending money, it doesn’t mean you aren’t a fanboy.
Zelda and Mario games are AA ? :dead:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Getting a N64 instead of a PS1 is still one of my biggest gaming regrets in life.

I suffered for years, went out and got Quest 64 for my birthday, because it was the only JPRG on the console at the time. Meanwhile PS1 had non-stop classics dropping every week.

People forget that ff7 through ff10 came out in the span of like 4 years

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm saying. they haven't released jack shyt other than remasters. u think we are gonna buy the same shyt across 3 generations of consoles :stopitslime:

they need to come with that PS5 exclusives if they want my dollars.

They’re releasing 4 brand new AAA games this year. Why are yall talking about remasters? Thats not even counting the 3rd party stuff like hogwarts, callisto protocol, MWII, Sifu, Stray, etc.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
The one thing we all agree with is that Nintendo is full of shyt
Im able to sell my switch games for like 20$ off I paid originally they can keep on doing that.
Yeah they paid for my modchip and its installation essentially :pachaha:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
the only PS5 exclusive I'm interested in is GOW. I dunno of any others that are dropping.

Did you not play horizon or GT7? Both really good games

Infact theres nothing released this generation so far that looks better than Forbidden West