Sony wants it's Playstation Exclusives to Come to PC Earlier

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see you’re not really trying to have an actual good faith discussion here, my bad :unimpressed:

Keep ports begging
You can no longer port beg on PC sir just complain about it not coming soon enough and in a timely manner.:blessed:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
So that means you’ll probably get more games that look like previous gen or they have to implement more AI tactics that will create more job losses in the gaming division.
Who are we to assume that would be the case? Are we saying unless companies spend 500 mil on games they’ll look like last gen?

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Ok so you would rather Sony make a 100 dollar exclusives because if the budgets keep getting bigger they going to have to charge more for their first party ip.

What I want is different from what Sony wants.

If Sony dropped their games day and date on PC, I wouldnt own a console.

And the market determines the price of things. This is why they sold consoles at a loss in the past because they know over charging (ex. $600 PS3s) will hurt their business more than bring in more revenue.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Hiroki Totoki a goon for real. He gonna have that PS5 Pro out in August. Bungie aint safe, exclusives aint safe, its a warzone out here. These next 9 months gonna be fast and furious

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who are we to assume that would be the case? Are we saying unless companies spend 500 mil on games they’ll look like last gen?
God of War, Spider man 2, Horzion have all been atleast 200 - 300 million in budget. Sony has a standard in first party.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I want is different from what Sony wants.

If Sony dropped their games day and date on PC, I wouldnt own a console.

And the market determines the price of things. This is why they sold consoles at a loss in the past because they know over charging (ex. $600 PS3s) will hurt their business more than bring in more revenue.
So just because you would get a PC doesn’t mean that the average consumer or casual gamers will on jump on PC. A console will always be more cost effective than a PC in terms of gaming. Especially since the initial cost of console is much lower than PC. PC in the long term is less costly though.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
that's why I'm still waiting to buy Miles Morales. shyt still $50, while the main game is $60, but it's known that MM has way less content. these price points kind of made sense for how these games released on the Playstations, but they don't years later on PC
Not bundling those together at this point as one game price is insanity. Idk if I even realized they were separate releases. No way they’re moving units this way

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tell them hoe ass nikkas at Rockstar to release PC on day 1 as the console :ufdup:
They some hoe ass nikkaz for that and ain’t the User base bigger on PC anyways?

:francis:

Them nikkaz better not wait a year to drop on PC.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
God of War, Spider man 2, Horzion have all been atleast 200 - 300 million in budget. Sony has a standard in first party.
Are those the only next gen games that have been released?

So just because you would get a PC doesn’t mean that the average consumer or casual gamers will on jump on PC. A console will always be more cost effective than a PC in terms of gaming. Especially since the initial cost of console is much lower than PC. PC in the long term is less costly though.

So if Sony jumps the shark and prices games at 100$ and consoles at 1000+ as some of you have said, you don't think PC doesn't become more cost efficient (steam deck, etc)? This is the reason Sony isn't going to go nuts on pricing no matter who else is in the space.

Last edited:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are those the only next gen games that have been released?

So if Sony jumps the shark and prices games at 100$ and consoles at 1000+ as some of you have said, you don't think PC doesn't become more cost efficient (steam deck, etc). This is the reason Sony isn't going to go nuts on pricing no matter who else is in the space.
God of War and Horizon technically aren’t next gen since they were on PS4. It’s been mostly remasters and Spider man 2, Returnal, and Ratchet and Clank rift apart are really the only Ps5 only titles. From Sonys first party.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps

And if the average console consumer doesn't wanna pay $100 a game, the market will let Sony know.

And Sony is aware of this. That's why they're finding different ways to monetize their IPs. Movies, remasters/remakes, live service, PC ports, etc. A price increase is usually the last resort.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
God of War and Horizon technically aren’t next gen since they were on PS4. It’s been mostly remasters and Spider man 2, Returnal, and Ratchet and Clank rift apart are really the only Ps5 only titles. From Sonys first party.
First party or not, there are plenty of next gen games out that didn’t have a 300mil budget. So there are other ways to rein in costs.