Sony wants it's Playstation Exclusives to Come to PC Earlier

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More than an added tax, he's goes into depth about continued support of an online game being costly.

If they were to make a Tekken 9 for current gen, development will not be as high because everything is pretty much already done engine wise.
No they wouldn’t it would probably be on Unreal Engine 6 just how they switched tekken 7 from unreal 4 and tekken 8 is 5. They would never use old tech for a new game. Majority of Fighting games use new engines.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Not even just that more characters and actors are introduced to these games. More Mocap stunts. More designers for new characters.
We can run back and forth on what we think the cost would be, but the fact remains that they already have an existing engine/experience on PS5.

They're essentially starting on 3rd base at this point. Not first.

No they wouldn’t it would probably be on Unreal Engine 6 just how they switched tekken 7 from unreal 4 and tekken 8 is 5. They would never use old tech for a new game. Majority of Fighting games use new engines.

Tekken 7 came out in 2015. If they were to release another Tekken on current gen I highly doubt they'd scrap everything and run to another engine.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
More than an added tax, he's goes into depth about continued support of an online game being costly.

If they were to make a Tekken 9 for current gen, development will not be as high because everything is pretty much already done engine wise.
I'm just going to say this isn't true, but I understand your reasoning. Especially in Tekken's case but like I said I understand why you feel like that.

Server maintenance is a extra tax that wasn't needed before online became required, neither was development into netcode functionality which isn't cheap to do right.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'm just going to say this isn't true, but I understand your reasoning. Especially in Tekken's case but like I said I understand why you feel like that.

Server maintenance is a extra tax that wasn't needed before online became required, neither was development into netcode functionality which isn't cheap to do right.
I'm not saying game costs aren't skyrocketing. I 100% agree with that and I've stated as much before.

But, you're not going to see many developers create/swap to new engines during the same gen. They're going to optimise and add additional features.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
Cool more games.

I don't wanna hear gamers complain about pricing or anything tho when shyt drop, a lotta people fake support releases and remasters on the low.

Just let the market dictate itself, all the fake outrage, video essays and think pieces are tiresome.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not saying game costs aren't skyrocketing. I 100% agree with that and I've stated as much before.

But, you're not going to see many developers create/swap to new engines during the same gen. They're going to optimise and add additional features.
You’re right you won’t see developers swap to new engines because a sequel to a generation is dlc and not an entirely new game. Like when they come out with the Venom dlc or game it will use all the assets from Spider-Man 2. But Spider-man 3 will probably be some what new because it will be on PS6 or crossgen. The days of having 3 uncharted sequels is over. You get one entry now and dlc.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
Ok so you would rather Sony make a 100 dollar exclusives because if the budgets keep getting bigger they going to have to charge more for their first party ip.
You nikkas stupid and love fear mongering, the only game that can realistically do that is GTA 6 these Sony games are having issues selling as it is.

shyt even Madden and 2K are potentially moving away from a yearly release bro lol.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You’re right you won’t see developers swap to new engines because a sequel to a generation is dlc and not an entirely new game. Like when they come out with the Venom dlc or game it will use all the assets from Spider-Man 2. But Spider-man 3 will probably be some what new because it will be on PS6 or crossgen. The days of having 3 uncharted sequels is over. You get one entry now and dlc.
Sure, we truly don't know what developers will release DLC/Sequel wise. The fact remains that if they create anything for the remainder of the PS5 lifecycle it'll probably cost less (development wise) than their initial PS5 offering.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You nikkas stupid and love fear mongering, the only game that can realistically do that is GTA 6 these Sony games are having issues selling as it is.

shyt even Madden and 2K are potentially moving away from a yearly release bro lol.
I dont see how it’s fear mongering when in the past Sony has said they wanted to increase the price of their games. They could easily sell Last of us 3 for a 100 and nikkaz would buy.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I dont see how it’s fear mongering when in the past Sony has said they wanted to increase the price of their games. They could easily sell Last of us 3 for a 100 and nikkaz would buy.
I’ve seen this repeated multiple times now, I need to see some proof.

And I’m not talking about 60-70.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
Idk about that breh even with its increased popularity people aren't really tryna buy video games like that full price at next gen prices.

100 dollars is a very hard sell unless there's some type of gimmick attached or vast generational leap or something.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Idk about that breh even with its increased popularity people aren't really tryna buy video games like that full price at next gen prices.

100 dollars is a very hard sell unless there's some type of gimmick attached or vast generational leap or something.
Some one will pay it. nikkaz do spend over a 100 dollars for a chicks nudes that they will never meet in real life. Games in Canada are pretty much 100 dollars after taxes. So it’s not far-fetched for it to happen.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Some one will pay it. nikkaz do spend over a 100 dollars for a chicks nudes that they will never meet in real life. Games in Canada are pretty much 100 dollars after taxes. So it’s not far-fetched for it to happen.
So they are already having problems with selling games at 70. You think they’re going to sell half the copies at 100 and think that’s a good move?

Now that’s far fetched. And if they’re stupid enough to do so they’ll deserve what happens next.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Wait yall unironically pay for PC games:skip:
Single player PC games:skip:
You spend 3k on a rig then drop another $500 on games:skip: