Sony wants it's Playstation Exclusives to Come to PC Earlier

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So they are already having problems with selling games at 70. You think they’re going to sell half the copies at 100 and think that’s a good move?

Now that’s far fetched. And if they’re stupid enough to do so they’ll deserve what happens next.
I don’t think it’s a good move for a 100 dollars and that’s why I want them to release games closer to day and date on PC so they don’t have to raise the cost and they have access to a bigger base of games to keep the cost as it is.

As long as it’s more money coming means more games for everyone.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don’t think it’s a good move for a 100 dollars and that’s why I want them to release games closer to day and date on PC so they don’t have to raise the cost and they have access to a bigger base of games to keep the cost as it is.

As long as it’s more money coming means more games for everyone.
That's what I'm saying, they know it wouldn't be a good move. They also know day and date isn't a good move if they want to move consoles.

They're trimming the fat elsewhere first.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what I'm saying, they know it wouldn't be a good move. They also know day and date isn't a good move if they want to move consoles.

They're trimming the fat elsewhere first.
Helldivers 2 says otherwise and they will test out a single player game day and date that’s first party. It might not be Spider-Man, God of war or Horizon but it will be a start.

Isn’t Wolverine coming day and date to PC
:jbhmm:
We know there’s a port out in the wild.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Helldivers 2 says otherwise and they will test out a single player game day and date that’s first party.
Aight, guess we'll see. Everything else outside of Helldivers 2 runs contrary to what you believe, but what do I know.

:yeshrug:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
What I want is different from what Sony wants.

If Sony dropped their games day and date on PC, I wouldnt own a console.

And the market determines the price of things. This is why they sold consoles at a loss in the past because they know over charging (ex. $600 PS3s) will hurt their business more than bring in more revenue.
I feel people will still buy consoles, but there will be some like you that will ditch consoles. However, I don't think a huge exodus will happen because not many are willing to drop $1000+ on a gaming PC

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I feel people will still buy consoles, but there will be some like you that will ditch consoles. However, I don't think a huge exodus will happen because not many are willing to drop $1000+ on a gaming PC

There won't be a mass exodus to PC, people will simply flock to the cheaper competitor console, and a new market price will be established.

Sony is aware of this and that's why they are willing to cut back on features in order to hit that specific price range of their consoles.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Facts the lowest cost of entry to Sonys library will be the most consumed. Remember Sony isn’t in the same position as microsoft they have some of the best 1st party exclusives in the industry just because they are suddenly available on PC doesn’t suddenly mean everyone is going to go to PC. Microsoft literally dropped the ball this gen with barely any exclusives to show for and have made other business decisions that have put them in the position that they are in. If anything this will generate more money for them to create more games.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Facts the lowest cost of entry to Sonys library will be the most consumed. Remember Sony isn’t in the same position as microsoft they have some of the best 1st party exclusives in the industry just because they are suddenly available on PC doesn’t suddenly mean everyone is going to go to PC. Microsoft literally dropped the ball this gen with barely any exclusives to show for and have made other business decisions that have put them in the position that they are in. If anything this will generate more money for them to create more games.
Y’all are severely understating what a game like SpiderMan 2 did/will do for moving consoles.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
There won't be a mass exodus to PC, people will simply flock to the cheaper competitor console, and a new market price will be established.

Sony is aware of this and that's why they are willing to cut back on features in order to hit that specific price range of their consoles.
Its an interesting spot to be in because they kind of need PC to justify the budget for their AAA games.However, you do lose some console sales and 30% cut for them being in your ecosystem. I think Sony is an interesting spot for being the go to console for the high end console market because I doubt gamers that play sports games, F2P shooters (Fortnite, COD, Apex, etc), Minecraft, and other games with mass appeal will leave console market. However, they'll lose some enthusiasts like yourself who mainly bought a PS console for its exclusives, but revenue wise they'll still get 70% from you instead of 100%.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Its an interesting spot to be in because they kind of need PC to justify the budget for their AAA games.However, you do lose some console sales and 30% cut for them being in your ecosystem. I think Sony is an interesting spot for being the go to console for the high end console market because I doubt gamers that play sports games, F2P shooters (Fortnite, COD, Apex, etc), Minecraft, and other games with mass appeal will leave console market. However, they'll lose some enthusiasts like yourself who mainly bought a PS console for its exclusives, but revenue wise they'll still get 70% from you instead of 100%.
I’m still convinced the people who would stop buying playstation hardware are not the same people spending a bunch of money on COD, Fortnight, 2k, etc.

A person that has a playstion just for exclusives, is no more/less valuable to sony as someone who buys their games on PC especially if/when sony gets their PC store/ecosystem going.

Last edited: