Sony Studios uncomfortable with the direction toward GAAS

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Most of the people on here that claimed they wanted him gone or had such contention with him weren't even playstation fans like that. Most playstation fans on here didn't give a fukk about him one way or the other and have expressed just as much in regards to his retirement. The only "defense" on him regarding his retirement is that most ps fans also don't see any conspiracy theories on why he's retiring...partially cuz we don't even give a fukk. That CEO standom is for ya'll Phil dikkriders.

the end

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Most of the people on here that claimed they wanted him gone or had such contention with him weren't even playstation fans like that. Most playstation fans on here didn't give a fukk about him one way or the other and have expressed just as much in regards to his retirement. The only "defense" on him regarding his retirement is that most ps fans also don't see any conspiracy theories on why he's retiring...partially cuz we don't even give a fukk. That CEO standom is for ya'll Phil dikkriders.
article in the OP is titled "Why PlayStation Fans Are Cheering CEO’s Departure"

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Breh said Gotham Knights :heh:
GAAS is not the future and not the answer
Don't cape for corporate greed forcing mediocre games on you

It has a future more than them expensive ass single player games that Ryan wanted to continue to make. The shyt is not feasible. Sony wasnt making profit after putting in 200 to 300 million dollars into them one and dones.

Sea of Thevies probably cause less than a fraction and make more.
Fortnite
Etc...

Them suits got Ryan the fukk out of there. Talking about you cant survive without COD. Why the fukk you spending 300 million on God Of War of then.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
It has a future more than them expensive ass single player games that Ryan wanted to continue to make. The shyt is not feasible. Sony wasnt making profit after putting in 200 to 300 million dollars into them one and dones.

Sea of Thevies probably cause less than a fraction and make more.
Fortnite
Etc...

Them suits got Ryan the fukk out of there. Talking about you cant survive without COD. Why the fukk you spending 300 million on God Of War of then.
4/5 of them shyts gon be dead in 3 months
They talmbout years? lol
and it was Jim said they going in on like 10 GAAS projects

Last edited:

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
4/5 of them shyts got be dead in 3 months
They talmbout years? lol
and it was Jim said they going in on like 10 GAAS projects

He fukked up. I was telling dudes on here he was treating the gaming division like Movies. You can spend 200 million or 300 million consistently on movies because you have a wide range of making that money back plus some.

You cant make these big budget games and only make 50 million profit like he did with Horizon and Last of Us 2. That shyt is not suitable even for stakeholders. Then he said strategy was AAA dude AA is very important and a focal point of a system livelihood. Ask Nintendo Microsoft Steam ussrs etc..

Then you have to have the ecosystem for GaAs... Sony doesnt have it

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
He fukked up. I was telling dudes on here he was treating the gaming division like Movies. You can spend 200 million or 300 million consistently on movies because you have a wide range of making that money back plus some.

You cant make these big budget games and only make 50 million profit like he did with Horizon and Last of Us 2. That shyt is not suitable even for stakeholders. Then he said strategy was AAA dude AA is very important and a focal point of a system livelihood. Ask Nintendo Microsoft Steam ussrs etc..

Then you have to have the ecosystem for GaAs... Sony doesnt have it
this some of the dumbest shyt ever when you got all of their AAA games going diamond and minimum 5 millions.

Couple that with that 30% royalty fee on each piece of software sold and PS plus subs (Even if flat).

Stop trollin. Man is 65 years old and tired of the travelling and shyt. :mjlol:

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
this some of the dumbest shyt ever when you got all of their AAA games going diamond and minimum 5 millions.

Couple that with that 30% royalty fee on each piece of software sold and PS plus subs (Even if flat).

You still ignoring it. This information was in the court case breh enough of the fanboy shyt.

They spend 240 on Horizon Forbidden west and only bough home 300 million thats not including the amount they spent on marketing etc...

Then how many copies sold for the entire 70 dollars and not in a fukking bundle. Breh the shyt is not sustainable. They got his ass outta here right as the new Quartely period started.

Less than 1 percent of Sony console buyers buy their exclusives. This is thr CEO who screamed from day one they need COD. 500 to 800 million a year alone.

You cant be making games for 100s of millions and bringing either less home fam.

Lets not discuss the games sold to console attachment but yall stay scraaming 100 million consoles. Sony fukked up with this current strategy

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
GaaS is such a gamble and I don't think its wise to shift studios towards that. I know most of their acquisition seemed to be for GaaS, but I don't think they showed much to be impressed with. I guess you have to trust Bungie to make a hit, but I am still unsure if Marathon will catch on. If they're looking to generate more revenue out of their games. Then they should start shifting toward premium early access for their titles. I know many including myself would pay the extra money to play Spiderman 2 early.

Anyways, they just need 2-3 of these games to be hits, and this gamble will be worth it. However, once you get success you have to get the manpower to maintain audience because we've seen games fail hard due to that like Rogue Company.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
They have no ecosystem and they playing catch up. Microsoft games are everywhere and what needs to be done for GAaS. Have your games everywhere not on some single top box. They playing catch up because they were in the lead and got complacent.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
They have no ecosystem and they playing catch up. Microsoft games are everywhere and what needs to be done for GAaS. Have your games everywhere not on some single top box. They playing catch up because they were in the lead and got complacent.
I believe all of their live service games will be on PS5/PC. However, it seems they're charging money for some of these games like Helldivers might fail due to not being F2P. I think most important thing about these games is getting people to play and trying to capture the big fishes who will generate 80% of your revenue

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I believe all of their live service games will be on PS5/PC. However, it seems they're charging money for some of these games like Helldivers might fail due to not being F2P. I think most important thing about these games is getting people to play and trying to capture the big fishes who will generate 80% of your revenue

Bro they still afraid to go all out on PC for what reason i have no idea. They need the funds obviously from seeing how they raise prices for games and their online service and system.

They are playing catch up and they got caught with their pants down. I hope the next CEO is better because we need all these companies to compete.

Gamepass is on every fukking device on the planet breh :russ:

Lets not discuss Apple now getting AAA titles and ray tracing on their devices thats over 300 million devices that is in direct competition to Sony now. Microsoft knew this which is why they bought ABK and Candy Crush etc... Gaming is going toward marketplaces and being able to play any fukking where.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Jim Ryan himself has talked about the difficulties in profiting off AAA games. That’s why he’d been trying to find other wise to make money off playstation customers.

If you are spending 400 mil on a game selling 5 even 10 mill isn’t that much profit. If the game underperforms just a bit maybe sells 4 mill you could actually break even or lose money.

Investors don’t like the idea of 400 mill and 6-7 years of risk, then another 5-7 years of trying to turn a profit.