Sony Studios uncomfortable with the direction toward GAAS

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Its crazy the more I see these PS issues Ryan exposed their practices something crazy.

They scream system sells etc.. to convince stakeholders that they are doing good which is far rom the truth. Yes they make sales etc... but for as much success they have the profits should be higher.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Bro they still afraid to go all out on PC for what reason i have no idea. They need the funds obviously from seeing how they raise prices for games and their online service and system.

They are playing catch up and they got caught with their pants down. I hope the next CEO is better because we need all these companies to compete.

Gamepass is on every fukking device on the planet breh :russ:

Lets not discuss Apple now getting AAA titles and ray tracing on their devices thats over 300 million devices that is in direct competition to Sony now. Microsoft knew this which is why they bought ABK and Candy Crush etc... Gaming is going toward marketplaces and being able to play any fukking where.
I agree that they should put first party games day one on PC because I still feel its a separate market from consoles tbh. However, Sony said they'll be releasing all of their live service games day one on PC because it would fail if it's just Playstation only

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I agree that they should put first party games day one on PC because I still feel its a separate market from consoles tbh. However, Sony said they'll be releasing all of their live service games day one on PC because it would fail if it's just Playstation only

They still wont make enough profit. Their shyt going to Steam marketplace. They dont have a PC marketplace at all. Xbox has their own marketplace Epic does Steam so they have the ability to get full profit from themselves or add to competitor storefronts such as Steam Epic Xbox etc..

Like what the fukk was Sony doing bro. Seriously

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They still wont make enough profit. Their shyt going to Steam marketplace. They dont have a PC marketplace at all. Xbox has their own marketplace Epic does Steam so they have the ability to get full profit from themselves or add to competitor storefronts such as Steam Epic Xbox etc..

Classic tale of the company in first place being outa position for the future evolution of things.

Sony has been reluctant to go in on that stuff cause it would legitimize the things other companies are in better position for.

If they really made PSNow a popular thing, and people got more comfortable with subscription services, that would only be a good thing for gamepass.

If they go all in on cloud, mobile, and PC then that gets people more comfortable with not buying a playstation to play playstation games.

They holding on to the past cause that’s what they got going for themselves right now.

Last edited:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Xbots still in here discussing PS financials when the biggest game Xbox has had in like 5 years just dropped.

:francis:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps

To be fair most PC gamers aren't touching windows store, so Microsoft relies heavily on steam marketplace for revenue. That's mostly on Microsoft for making the Windows Store a frustrating experience. Hopefully, they can leverage Battlenet launcher to put games on their instead of the windows store because that would be a much better experience than using Windows Store. I think Sony should be fine with using Steam and Epic marketplace

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
To be fair most PC gamers aren't touching windows store, so Microsoft relies heavily on steam marketplace for revenue. That's mostly on Microsoft for making the Windows Store a frustrating experience. Hopefully, they can leverage Battlenet launcher to put games on their instead of the windows store because that would be a much better experience than using Windows Store. I think Sony should be fine with using Steam and Epic marketplace
Gamepass and other perks are getting PC gamers more comfortable with the Microsoft store.

The ultimate goal for everyone is to get their own store poppin and stop paying that 30% fee to other retailers.

Sony releasing their games late, for a discount on PC and paying steam that 30% ain’t making them that much money.

If/when they wanna get serious about PC, their own store/launcher is a must.

That’s probably what they are working on before they go all in on PC

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Gamepass and other perks are getting PC gamers more comfortable with the Microsoft store.

The ultimate goal for everyone is to get their own store poppin and stop paying that 30% fee to other retailers.

Sony releasing their games late, for a discount on PC and paying steam that 30% ain’t making them that much money.

If/when they wanna get serious about PC, their own store/launcher is a must.
I agree that's the goal, but early roadblock due to windows store being a mess. I still think best pivot they can do is also use battle.net technology to create a store front because that experience is much better than Windows Store imo. I agree that Sony needs to create their own store front and even try to have their own play anywhere because PS gamers might not want to spend on steam, but buy more on Playstation PC store if they have cross-buy.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
it's just hard to pull people away from Steam to play a handful of single player games. Blizzard gets away with it because they have extremely popular legacy games, that people have been playing for years. Gamepass gets some traction on PC because it is a subscription service

Ubisoft tried to do their own thing, but came back to Steam, and now they selling their ass to Epic :francis:

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
Then they should start shifting toward premium early access for their titles. I know many including myself would pay the extra money to play Spiderman 2 early.
Nah fr, i coughed up the extra to pay starfield, willingly and it didnt feel weird or forced.

I'm sure sony stans can do the same with their "premium" IP's. :sas2: .

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

Thats true to extent and Microsoft store suck ass but the marketplace is there and they have subscribers. shyt Microsoft just announce last week that Japan subscriptions for PC Gamepass went up drastically. I utilize PC gamepass because i can take my saves from PC to Xbox at an instant. Play starfield go to console play Yakuza go straight to PC.

Last edited:

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Xbots still in here discussing PS financials when the biggest game Xbox has had in like 5 years just dropped.

:francis:

This was in the court case get mad at Sony for this bullshyt yall was gassin up.

Xbox got the big dawg behind them Microsoft. Their competitiors is Apple Google Netflix. They told yall. Sony cant compete in this climate as gaming is changing and guess what Microsoft at the forefront again like Online Gaming Acheivements etc..