Sony stan Explains why Gamepass and MS/Activision merger is bad for the industry

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You keep equating Microsoft buying companies to some type of success by default. It's far from that. It's also up for debate that those companies they've bought lately are in decline in many ways.

Either way those companies were looking to be bought. If Microsoft didn't buy someone else would have.

Activision was not in decline. Dude was about to get removed as CEO and said fukk it, If i'm going down, i'm gonna make billions on my way out. Without the me too movement this dude would have never sold the company.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Activision was not in decline. Dude was about to get removed as CEO and said fukk it, If i'm going down, i'm gonna make billions on my way out. Without the me too movement this dude would have never sold the company.
Activision as a company was basically just making Call of Duty games and abandoned everything else. Both Activision and Blizzard were mismanaged bleeding talent and in distress. That's why they were looking to be bought.

This isn't even getting to the Fallout 76 disaster Bethesda just went through or people shytting on Fallout 4.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Activision as a company was basically just making Call of Duty games and abandoned everything else. Both Activision and Blizzard were mismanaged bleeding talent and in distress. That's why they were looking to be bought.

This isn't even getting to the Fallout 76 disaster Bethesda just went through or people shytting on Fallout 4.

You're a stupid fukk if you believe that. Bobby full of shyt talking the "meta verse" is why they sold. He sold because he wanted money before he left. If you think anything else you’re a fukking retard.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
This, nor does he have the time.

Even if Sony had pick of the litter than can't afford them all.

But tencent, Google, Amazon can
None of these companies should be allowed to buy up the industry, Tencent is the worst but Google, Amazon, and Microsoft are on the same level in terms of companies that could potentially harm the gaming industry with too much control. Sony isnt innocent either, but they dont have the money to just buy control of the gaming industry like those other companies.

Microsoft seems to be getting praised as the savior compared to tencent, google, and Amazon but we honestly dont know how Microsoft would act if they were dominating. Microsoft could easily remove phil and have some non gaming suit who's focused on maximizing profits take over.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You keep equating Microsoft buying companies to some type of success by default. It's far from that. It's also up for debate that those companies they've bought lately are in decline in many ways.

Either way those companies were looking to be bought. If Microsoft didn't buy someone else would have.

But the argument is that Microsoft is in a position financially that even if it somehow doesn't work out, it's far less of a blow for them than it would be for anyone else. And while Activision may have been in decline creatively, they were doing alright financially. We likely aren't talking about this if Kotick was more effective at either shutting down or burying their fukkery.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You still don't get it.. getting 30% of everything makes your pockets fat. Apple makes more money from gaming than everyone

I know what you're saying. I'm just talking Publishers. Apple is making a killing not being a Publisher but mobile phone gaming is a whole different animal

Apparently 70% of Playstation overall revenue came from the PS Store itself

Not including PS Plus or Now

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
. Microsoft could easily remove phil and have some non gaming suit who's focused on maximizing profits take over.

Look no further than EA or even Activision if we being real (Not Blizzard). Take 2 as well with their lack of titles published over the last decade plus

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
No it’s not…anything else u wanna say while the floor is open?

Sure.

If you were at the gym and continually got your ass busted, would you deflate or rent out all the other basketball's except the one you brought to the gym because you were outclassed by the competition?

I bet that'll show 'em. :skip:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You're a stupid fukk if you believe that. Bobby full of shyt talking the "meta verse" is why they sold. He sold because he wanted money before he left. If you think anything else you’re a fukking retard.
Didn't I say the company was being mismanaged and under distress and that's why they were looking to be bought? The CEO wanted to get out of that mess and get paid.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know what you're saying. I'm just talking Publishers. Apple is making a killing not being a Publisher but mobile phone gaming is a whole different animal

Apparently 70% of Playstation overall revenue came from the PS Store itself

Not including PS Plus or Now

The money from the ps store is included in the "publisher" revenue. What games did Microsoft sell to put them ahead of Activision Blizzard? Every fortnite, warzone, apex skin etc that gets sold, Sony/Microsoft gets 30%. With Sony having more consoles sold of course their revenue will be higher..

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
But the argument is that Microsoft is in a position financially that even if it somehow doesn't work out, it's far less of a blow for them than it would be for anyone else. And while Activision may have been in decline creatively, they were doing alright financially. We likely aren't talking about this if Kotick was more effective at either shutting down or burying their fukkery.
You're right. They'll make that money back in profit in just 3 quarters and it was just sitting on the balance sheet anyway.

Personally I believe Phil Spencer is going to make this work. He's going to allow these creators freedom they couldn't get at their original companies and a well of resources. We already saw signs of that with Double Fine. Tim Schafer had nothing but praise for how their acquisition was handled and how it made Psychonauts 2 a much better game.

This isn't the same attitude from the 2000s and even most of the 2010s. I'm confident he's going to give those teams from Activision freedom they just didn't have before. I also think he brings an end to the annual Call of Duty games.

The guy is a gamer and his passion for that drives his business decisions. With the resources he now has at his disposal in a three to five years I feel like Xbox will be a powerhouse brand.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
All of these companies consolidating IS bad for the industry. Sony and Microsoft buying up companies as well as Google, Facebook and Amazon is bad for the industry.... it's also bad if the whole industry goes on the subscription model. It's cool since the sub model is cheap for now, but once they get people hooked, those prices are going to shoot up.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
With the resources he now has at his disposal in a three to five years I feel like Xbox will be a powerhouse brand.

In the United States/North America....where they are already a strong brand. The rest of the planet don't fukk with Xbox like that.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
All of these companies consolidating IS bad for the industry. Sony and Microsoft buying up companies as well as Google, Facebook and Amazon is bad for the industry.... it's also bad if the whole industry goes on the subscription model. It's cool since the sub model is cheap for now, but once they get people hooked, those prices are going to shoot up.

Everyone going to subscription services is corny and is all predicated on suits wanting to fatten their and their stockholders pockets. Consumer is second.

Even grocery stores following. shyt is so goofy.