Sony stan Explains why Gamepass and MS/Activision merger is bad for the industry

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
ppl need to piece it together themselves. if they put everything on gamepass, they can raise the price and throw MTs in all of it. Their "justification" for this will be to fund said games (think netflix.) The future of gaming is making money off selling every thing separately; they offered up Halo as the sacrificial lamb/a test case.

If you see it, you see it....and if it works, sony will eventually do the same--but will still make great single player games.

them gamepass dollar discounts will only be around for so long so continue to enjoy them while they're here

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are losing bread on Gamepass. That is facts. It's not profitable yet.

You see Disney putting their Big movies on D+ Day one? WB did it and committed to a year of of it because of the pandemic. They look dumb in hindsight. The Batman ain't gonna be on HBO Max Day 1 right?

Everyone can't go subscription model and/or in game purchases and every game shouldn't be.

I can see a potential discount on the big budget games to play Day 1 in the future, but the current state of Gamepass at it's current price is gonna be hard.

They ain't losing shyt on game pass you're just too dumb to see it. Disney + putting movies up day 1 has nothing to do with profits it has everything to do with existing contracts. Black Widow chick sued them for putting her movie up day 1 because it fukked up her bonus pay. Movies don't have in game purchases.

https://www.esportstalk.com/news/ap...illion-seasons-9-and-10-most-popular-to-date/

Fortnite made more than $9 billion in revenue in its first two years

Riot Games generated $1.75 billion in revenue in 2020 from League of Legends alone

Call of Duty: Warzone reportedly makes $5.2 million in revenue per day

They're not after GAME SALES, THEY'RE AFTER IN GAME PURCHASES. Mobile games are nore profitable than console games because of in game purchases.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
100 million subs.....100 million subs
full

Playstation not even at 50 with PS Plus and they have a substantially bigger consumer base worldwide than Xbox, but you expecting 100 million for Gamepass? Cmon fam.

:mjlol: they'll definitely hit 100m subs. Game pass ain't Xbox exclusive breh. You can get it PC too.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly all Sony had to do is make great games and they have the studios to and they will be fine. People will still spend the money on buying games. I mean look at Nintendo for Christ sakes they aren’t competing with Sony and Microsoft at all hardware is like a decade old and running lap on both companies. Call of duty is the only big loss for Sony and yes people will switch over but it’s not going to be mass numbers like they think. Almost all Bethesda games are trash anyways so there’s no need to be worried on that part.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They ain't losing shyt on game pass you're just too dumb to see it. Disney + putting movies up day 1 has nothing to do with profits it has everything to do with existing contracts. Black Widow chick sued them for putting her movie up day 1 because it fukked up her bonus pay. Movies don't have in game purchases.

https://www.esportstalk.com/news/ap...illion-seasons-9-and-10-most-popular-to-date/

Fortnite made more than $9 billion in revenue in its first two years

Riot Games generated $1.75 billion in revenue in 2020 from League of Legends alone

Call of Duty: Warzone reportedly makes $5.2 million in revenue per day

They're not after GAME SALES, THEY'RE AFTER IN GAME PURCHASES. Mobile games are nore profitable than console games because of in game purchases.

So much anger. :picard:

Gamepass hitting 100 million subs is such a cyse that it's ridiculous, but :hubie:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So much anger. :picard:

Gamepass hitting 100 million subs is such a cyse that it's ridiculous, but :hubie:

It's no anger It's the truth. Gamepass is too good of a deal to ignore. When I'm bored i don't have to buy shyt, i can just download whatever i want. Y'all caught up in some fanboy shyt. I'm speaking reality. When i said Battlefield 2042 would be DOA without a BR, they banned me from the thread. 2 months later they unbanned me because i was speaking the truth. This shyt right here is obvious. They're gonna pull all games make them Xbox exclusive. They gonna recoup money from in game purchases across xbox live. By 2026 or whenever they take the lead from playstation, they're gonna raise the price of gamepass. All this shyt is obvious.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It's no anger It's the truth. Gamepass is too good of a deal to ignore. When I'm bored i don't have to buy shyt, i can just download whatever i want. Y'all caught up in some fanboy shyt. I'm speaking reality. When i said Battlefield 2042 would be DOA without a BR, they banned me from the thread. 2 months later they unbanned me because i was speaking the truth. This shyt right here is obvious. They're gonna pull all games make them Xbox exclusive. They gonna recoup money from in game purchases across xbox live. By 2026 or whenever they take the lead from playstation, they're gonna raise the price of gamepass. All this shyt is obvious.

100 million is a complete cyse :mjlol:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

nikkaz is acting like Microsoft has bought the whole gaming industry. Yes they have a plethora of titles and they have call of duty. But do you think this stops Nintendo and Sony studios from making exclusives. Sony said they have multiplayer service games coming out they could come out with a shooter that could compete with Call of Duty nikkaz don’t know the future. I’m not saying Call of duty ain’t going to be an L because it is but nikkaz are overreacting. One thing that is a plus in all of this is shyt is going to get competitive and to be honest I would rather a Sony that’s on there toes rather than a Sony that has domination. That’s when they are at they best.

PlayStation has signed a new franchise from Call of Duty Black Ops veterans | VGC

Sony got the black ops veterans working on a COD competitor.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Play dumb brehs..... :mjlol:
That’s you. He clearly doesn’t say it’s not profitable. In fact he implies that it is. Your story tried to spin it with that headline for clicks. You knew exactly why you were doing.

Phil Spencer said:
The Game Pass is a lasting thing. It isn’t the focus of all of the business’s attention on its own, but as a service it is already viable as we speak.
“Already viable” doesn’t sound like something that’s losing money, especially considering his comments in the past
Phil Spencer said:
I know there's a lot of people that like to write [that] we're burning cash right now for some future pot of gold at the end,” Spencer said. “No. Game Pass is very, very sustainable right now as it sits. And it continues to grow.”

He’s spoken directly and debunked your claims on multiple occasions now. Only one acting dumb is you :ufdup: