Sony stan Explains why Gamepass and MS/Activision merger is bad for the industry

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
People have clearly never done research on Microsoft's hostile takeover over companies with competing software in the 90s. Same with Wal-Mart putting businesses under by setting shop in their vicinity.

The Xbox division being able to have a steady feed of seed money from Microsoft can change the outlook of gaming from here on out. That is the concern expressed within the article. Perfect storm with chip shortage.

Some of you were alive during Microsoft's monopoly during the 90s and shouldn't be celebrating this. Put the Fandom down. Now that I think about it, they were linked quite closely with the NSA back in the day and were sharing data openly. Always on.

A return to form. But dummies don't ever relate things to history.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
People have clearly never done research on Microsoft's hostile takeover over companies with competing software in the 90s. Same with Wal-Mart putting businesses under by setting shop in their vicinity.

The Xbox division being able to have a steady feed of seed money from Microsoft can change the outlook of gaming from here on out. That is the concern expressed within the article. Perfect storm with chip shortage.

Some of you were alive during Microsoft's monopoly during the 90s and shouldn't be celebrating this. Put the Fandom down. Now that I think about it, they were linked quite closely with the NSA back in the day and were sharing data openly. Always on.

Was the leadership team that's running the company now even with the company back then?

You're suggesting the #3 player is going to take over the market and somehow gobble up the $29 billion the market leader Tencent has and the $25 billion Sony has all from the $16 billion spot? That's almost 3.6x their revenue to make that happen.
jennifer-lawrence-j-law.gif

This is like saying Disney is going to run everyone like Netflix and Discovery / Warner out of business because they bought Fox. That's just not possible. Those other companies hold valuable IPs Disney doesn't just like Sony holds valuable IPs Xbox doesn't and never will.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Like Sony did in the 90s with the PlayStation 1 right:ohhh:

JNew

Superstar
Daps
I've been playing video games since the early 90's, and have had every system since. with the exclusion of PS5.

Gaming hit its peak in late 2000's, most games coming out now are either sequels, lack significant content and or are filled with glitches from launch. And the funny thing is gaming is getting more popular. To say all the great games have been made already wouldn't be a shocking statement. With IP's like CALL OF DUTY and FORTNIGHT being the last great games/IPs created.

I think Microsoft realizes this and is now buying up what little most of these IPs have to milk for the next decade. Naturally it all makes sense since these companies have been dead in the water for the last decade with no knew ideas. 20 years from now when people are dying to play a nex call of duty game, at least micrsosft will have the reigns rather then a struggling, if existent activision. I think it will be great for video gaming because it actually might force innovation, something the industries needed for over a 15 years now.

The next big exclusive game sony stans have to look forward to is the new god of war, and the next big game xbox stans have is gears of war, both companies milking the same franchise for the last decade. Do games really want to see this for the next 15 years?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I've been playing video games since the early 90's, and have had every system since. with the exclusion of PS5.

Gaming hit its peak in late 2000's, most games coming out now are either sequels, lack significant content and or are filled with glitches from launch. And the funny thing is gaming is getting more popular. To say all the great games have been made already wouldn't be a shocking statement. With IP's like CALL OF DUTY and FORTNIGHT being the last great games/IPs created.

I think Microsoft realizes this and is now buying up what little most of these IPs have to milk for the next decade. Naturally it all makes sense since these companies have been dead in the water for the last decade with no knew ideas. 20 years from now when people are dying to play a nex call of duty game, at least micrsosft will have the reigns rather then a struggling, if existent activision. I think it will be great for video gaming because it actually might force innovation, something the industries needed for over a 15 years now.

The next big exclusive game sony stans have to look forward to is the new god of war, and the next big game xbox stans have is gears of war, both companies milking the same franchise for the last decade. Do games really want to see this for the next 15 years?
Like none of this is true.

Do you even game bro??:dahell:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I notice sony stans dont have that same energy towards Sony trying to enter the car game to compete with Tesla :mjlol:

Sony stans worried about Microsoft buying into the console market, what the fukk would you call Sony entering the car market :gucci:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I notice sony stans dont have that same energy towards Sony trying to enter the car game to compete with Tesla :mjlol:

Sony stans worried about Microsoft buying into the console market, what the fukk would you call Sony entering the car market :gucci:

free money I guess.

they are an electronics company first and foremost. :yeshrug:

Win regardless being Teslaset and PS Gang :troll:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

What this all boils down to was last generation you could buy a PS4 and get the overwhelming majority of worthwhile games to own on that one platform. People were happy with that. All Xbox really had was Forza, Halo, and Gears so if you could pass on those the PS4 was the place to be.

Now that's not going to be the case as much. People are going to have to pass on a lot of major franchises to only own just a PS5. It isn't just pass on on the Xbox trio anymore and while people don't want to be forthright with it that's what's troubling them. All this they're gonna ruin the industry stuff is non-sense. People are upset they may lose access to games they like or be forced to own more than one console.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:mjlol:
The next big game for Microsoft is Starfield..

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Not that it matters but didn't Sony basically do the same thing to get Playstation off the ground when it was just Sega and Nintendo running things? A lot of companies tried to get in the business but weren't big enough to compete in that space like Atari and Phillips or whoever made the 3DO, only difference now is that Microsoft isn't even trying to compete on a global scale right now. Looks to me like they're trying to build the service up and go the route they did with Windows, they didn't make computers, they made it so that every computer had to use Windows. They just so happen to have a machine that runs their platform too in Gamepass. None of it matters to me, I'm not loyal to a system. I can get whatever system I want and play whatever game I want. Been having every Playstation and Xbox since the 1st one came out. Not being loyal to any one particular company allowed me to play some great games over the years so I can't really say I care who buys who.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
This is the reason they're gonna get away with it. They have been losing so long they are playing the victim saying "Even with this acquisition, we're still in third place" The truth is they're in first place right now because the Bethesda/Act/Blizz purchase but it still looks like they're losing because the past and how well PS5 is doing. As long as they can say "we're in third place" they will be allowed to buy these companies. By the time people start getting worried, it'll be too late.

They actually lose money by having money sitting around, they eventually gotta spend it. That's why they'll get away with it. I said this before but Apple is in the same boat with a surplus of cash floating around and it's not like they're going to give it back to investors or employees. Plus who in power in America would care if they outspend a Japanese or Chinese corporation. They look at it as an opportunity to buy more stock and make more money.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Not that it matters but didn't Sony basically do the same thing to get Playstation off the ground when it was just Sega and Nintendo running things? A lot of companies tried to get in the business but weren't big enough to compete in that space like Atari and Phillips or whoever made the 3DO, only difference now is that Microsoft isn't even trying to compete on a global scale right now. Looks to me like they're trying to build the service up and go the route they did with Windows, they didn't make computers, they made it so that every computer had to use Windows. They just so happen to have a machine that runs their platform too in Gamepass. None of it matters to me, I'm not loyal to a system. I can get whatever system I want and play whatever game I want. Been having every Playstation and Xbox since the 1st one came out. Not being loyal to any one particular company allowed me to play some great games over the years so I can't really say I care who buys who.
This is a virtually impossible market to just enter and find success at. You'll need some sort of black swan event to upset the status quo to even stand a chance. There is a pretty decent list of companies that tried and failed to make a successful console.

Granted Microsoft got one of those black swan events and completely fumbled it going from the 360 when it happened to the Xbox One where they messed up.