Sony revenue bigger than Nintendo and Microsoft combined.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
koba, coli's resident financial analyst and North Korea expert.

All the Sony charlatans purposely posting nonsense around here is why we need to open up registration, if only for a minute.
You’re a small time xbot. Go play somewhere lil nikka. The big boys are talking

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago
You see you keep comparing different industries which are no where near the gamepass model as well as the current reality. This is the reality…

Gaming content is the number one reason whether or not your subscription fails. Sonys content easily dwarves Microsoft’s content.

Sony already has a subscription army of close to 60m now. Current Paying customers, not future customers. These customers are not going anywhere and they’re certainly not going to abandon Sony and join gamepass.

If let’s imagine two years down the line gamepass sudden,y becomes profitable and it has about 40m subscribers(guess) Sonys subscriber numbers would have guessing about 70m what’s stopping them from overnight becoming a gamepass type subscription by switching?

You act like it’s too late for Sony and they’ll be playing catch-up like others are now trying to catch up to Netflix, when they already have the two things now needed for a game subscription to be successful. The content and the subscribers.

look at Sony other division, the imaging department. By going mirorless, they’ve effectively killed the DSLR and Canon/Nikon having to play catch-up, with Sony being the clear market leader in that space.
this is how Sony is looking in the gaming space trying to move to a game pass model.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s cute that you think those new posters would be xbox stans :mjpls:
I just realised he’s been registered on here since 2013 and only has 500 plus posts. And he’s also an xbot. Wonder if it’s a court alias:mjpls:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
it would be worse…you already have ppl who pop in here from TLR just bcuz they like to troll/argue but they hardly play games so they get bored of it fast…we saw a brief example of this with TLOU 2 due to how controversial the story was…cats who didn’t even start to play the game (and had zero intentions of doing so) were arguing folks up and down…it would just be more of the same with open registration…there would not be an influx of “better” posters…just more trolls
Yea lol my thinking was more people would help suppress the bullshyt. I'd prefer that over stricter moderation. I was in the film room and I don't know how true this is but a mod said they split from arcadium because of how bad the console bickering got here. That's wild lol.
It’s cute that you think those new posters would be xbox stans :mjpls:
:rudy: Where did I say I wanted Xbox stans to replace the Sony ones? Why does enjoying one platform preclude someone from liking another? Stan to your heart's content for your platform of choice but at least be factual with your information. If you gonna troll, like we all do sometimes, at least be funny with it. I see some of yall on other forums and you don't act this way there so why bring that clown shyt to a site of brehs
R33daLa.png
? Makes you wonder.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You see you keep comparing different industries which are no where near the gamepass model as well as the current reality. This is the reality…

Gaming content is the number one reason whether or not your subscription fails. Sonys content easily dwarves Microsoft’s content.

Sony already has a subscription army of close to 60m now. Current Paying customers, not future customers. These customers are not going anywhere and they’re certainly not going to abandon Sony and join gamepass.

If let’s imagine two years down the line gamepass sudden,y becomes profitable and it has about 40m subscribers(guess) Sonys subscriber numbers would have guessing about 70m what’s stopping them from overnight becoming a gamepass type subscription by switching?

You act like it’s too late for Sony and they’ll be playing catch-up like others are now trying to catch up to Netflix, when they already have the two things now needed for a game subscription to be successful. The content and the subscribers.
Who has the most valuable IPs Disney or Netflix? Which service got to about half the amount of subs as the other then the subscriber growth stagnated because they flat out can't match the content pace of the other? Netflix doesn't have anything like Marvel or Star Wars but Netflix commands a premium on price and has way more subs because Netflix basically created the space everyone else wants to exist in.

Microsoft building and scaling Game Pass to profitability has nothing to do with Sony building and scaling their own service. I mean you're comparing people paying $60 a year for access to online multiplayer to users subscribing to a service for content delivery that's final proposition is pay us $10-$15 a month for that.

You ask what's stopping Sony from doing it? The same thing that's stopping them now. The fact that Sony doesn't have any interest in leveraging their first party catalog of new games to draw gamers to a subscription service. Microsoft really didn't have that problem because their first party catalogue was in shambles. They're building that up from almost nothing as they been scaled Game Pass. It's much easier to build a service like Game Pass coming from muddling results then leaning into it. It's not so easy to take the most successful operation in gaming and pivot it to something else. It's only going to get more difficult going forward. Microsoft as you're well aware for years has had an anemic first party lineup. They've built Game Pass up so far off that. After this year it's clear that is changing. From studios they've owned the company has put forward 4 GOTY candidates. They are turning a corner whether or not you're willing to admit it the rest of the gaming world is starting to take note. The narrative around Xbox is beginning to change.

The real problem with Microsoft was before they tried to dictate to the chefs how to cook. The present day company is just letting the chefs cook and giving them the recourses they need to prepare. Don't fool yourself into thinking this is the same company that Sony mostly beat back for decades because the philosophy has changed completely.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
look at Sony other division, the imaging department. By going mirorless, they’ve effectively killed the DSLR and Canon/Nikon having to play catch-up, with Sony being the clear market leader in that space.
this is how Sony is looking in the gaming space trying to move to a game pass model.
Again this has nothing to do with the games pass model. Some of you keep bringing up other industries when I want you to look at the current reality. The reality which shows Sony has nothing to be scared of regarding gamepass being successful. They have everything they need right now to jump into a gamepass model overnight and take over.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who has the most valuable IPs Disney or Netflix?
Disney joined the streaming race years before Netflix and guess what, despite Netflix headstart, Disney are quickly catching up to Netflix. Also how unlike Sony with their 60m current subscribers which they’ll use as a headstart, Disney had to start from 0. Not the same

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea lol my thinking was more people would help suppress the bullshyt. I'd prefer that over stricter moderation. I was in the film room and I don't know how true this is but a mod said they split from arcadium because of how bad the console bickering got here. That's wild lol.

:rudy: Where did I say I wanted Xbox stans to replace the Sony ones? Why does enjoying one platform preclude someone from liking another? Stan to your heart's content for your platform of choice but at least be factual with your information. If you gonna troll, like we all do sometimes, at least be funny with it. I see some of yall on other forums and you don't act this way there so why bring that clown shyt to a site of brehs
R33daLa.png
? Makes you wonder.
Whose alias are you? Is this court? :mjlol:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I see some of yall on other forums and you don't act this way there so why bring that clown shyt

lmaooo @Gizmo_Duck is a church mouse on TLR :russ:

but ya some dudes like the attention they get on this forum from being “controversial”…big fish little pond shyt…the jokes can be funny every now and then but you had folks doing this shyt early as hell on xmas morning lmao

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This poster @breakfuss has been following me around the forum all day, now I ask him a simple question and he suddenly goes quiet. Breh, whose alias are you? :russ:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
This poster @breakfuss has been following me around the forum all day, now I ask him a simple question and he suddenly goes quiet. Breh, whose alias are you? :russ:
I couldn't write like @PS5 even if I tried. nikka be posting in iambic pentameter and shyt. Sorry to disappoint but my dislike for your trolling isn't serious enough to create a sleeper alt account in 2013 lmao :mjlol:. Like I said, be an imaginary Sony shareholder all you want but some light fact checking wouldn't hurt before posting here.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

R33daLa.png
? Makes you wonder.

If you know its me you know it because I’m stanning