Sony plunged $10 billion after its PS5 sales cut. But a bigger issue is its near decade low games margin

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
What do Take Two and EA have to do with MLB wanting their brand across all consoles?

You're too slow to even follow the conversation, breh. How is Meach the smartest one of y'all? :picard:
What does MLB forcing Sony to follow the same model as the most successful sports games developers have to do with anything?

Sir, do you even play sports games?

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Sony stopped losing money on the $499 model back in 2021
since then they've further cut costs
and only Lbots find fault in investing in games and marketing them lol

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Sony “our profits are in the shytter, we gotta start making our games multiplatform”

Sony stans “but they won the console war, the mlb forced them to do it”:damn:
Don’t worry, the conversation is predictably going to turn to.
“Sony isn’t about to fold as a business.”
“Well if Sony has this probably, what about Xbox.”

Bookmark it

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony “our profits are in the shytter, we gotta start making our games multiplatform”

Sony stans “but they won the console war, the mlb forced them to do it”:damn:
Sony Stan's: "Xbox only changing because they have to, 3rd place losers"

Sony Stan's: *reads news about PlayStation* See PlayStation isn't releasing games on other platforms unless "It's multiplayer, They are told to, it a 1st party studio BUT a 1st party studio that demanded to have that freedom, it's on PC, it's on tablets, it's on phone"

But psssh Insomniac, naughty dog and haven't so Santa Monica none of that counts.

I can't imagine why they are struggling :mjlol:

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Sony Stan's: "Xbox only changing because they have to, 3rd place losers"

Sony Stan's: *reads news amount PlayStation* See PlayStation isn't releasing games on other platforms unless "It's multiplayer, They are told to, it a 1st party studio BUT a 1st party studio that demanded to have that freedom, it's on PC, it's on tablets, it's on phone"

But psssh Insomniac, naughty dog and haven't so Santa Monica none of that counts.

I can't imagine why they are struggling :mjlol:
“THEY OWN THE IP! :bryan:

Meanwhile, when CD worked on an Xbox owned IP, “WHY CANT FIRST PARTY STUDIOS DO IT :gucci:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sony purchased companies that were already making xbox games and continued to let it happen :ohhh:

I didn’t say anything about nobility. It’s all business :ehh:

I didn’t start at the end.

I said it here almost a decade ago, where all this was going. BEFORE MLB went multiplat. BEFORE sony purchased bungie. You all called me a delusional stan then, now reality hits and you are having a problem processing it.

Now why would the MLB want this change? And why would sony agree with it? And who told you sony didn’t want to do it?? :ohhh:

This is exactly what I’m talking about. Blurring the facts to fit a narrative and especially false equivalence.

Bungie has it in their contract they can release games on the platforms they see fit. That’s Bungie dictating that not Sony management. But you go ahead and paint that as Sony having a desire for games to be on Xbox because it sounds nicer than the truth, admitting that Bungie decided that.

if Sony is really in the business of making Xbox games at a meaningful level where are Naughty Dog’s Xbox games? Sucker Punch? Insomniac post purchase?

Microsoft as a company decided to release games they intended to originally be exclusive on the PS5 and Switch. That’s not equal to Bungie who was already doing and the MLB deciding that.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is exactly what I’m talking about. Blurring the facts to fit a narrative and especially false equivalence.

Bungie has it in their contract they can release games on the platforms they see fit. That’s Bungie dictating that not Sony management. But you go ahead and paint that as Sony having a desire for games to be on Xbox because it sounds nicer than the truth, admitting that Bungie decided that.
Sony signed the contract :stopitslime:

That 4 billion dollars could have made lots of exclsuive content. Sony decided it was better used to make multiplatform games

I’m not blurring anything. That’s what happened.

You are trying to blur reality pretending sony is an unwilling partner that was dragged into the deal.

Sony wants multiplat money and they made a deal to get it :ehh:
if Sony is really in the business of making Xbox games at a meaningful level where are Naughty Dog’s Xbox games? Sucker Punch? Insomniac post purchase?
All microsoft studios aren’t working on playstation games :ehh:
Microsoft as a company decided to release games they intended to originally be exclusive on the PS5 and Switch. That’s not equal to Bungie who was already doing and the MLB deciding that.
Yeah, sony planned their multiplat shyt from the jump and made huge investments to do so.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I'm not understand what you're trying to get at here?

Are you saying Sony is that dumb or stubborn to where they'll keep something exclusive and sink rather than make profit?

MLB, and Bungie have demanded multiplatform freedom.

Microsoft is doing and all games that drop on PC plus console are immediately more successful.

No one is saying anyone has a desire for their games to be on another platform. But they all should have a desire to stay in business. :manny:

Daps
What does MLB forcing Sony to follow the same model as the most successful sports games developers have to do with anything?

Sir, do you even play sports games?
Of course I do, which shows every time I post my year-end for PS and Switch.

Breh, what is it about the Arcadium that turns y'all stupid? You have sense until you get to the point that you post in here.

MLB's concern is their license being in as many places as their competitors in the live sports market are in first and licensing revenue second.

Sony's concern is MTX and general game revenue.

They are two different concerns. I don't know why you think that MLB cares about Sony's business model beyond making sure that if they're the only one who wants the MLB license, those games are everywhere.

You're out here acting like Rob Manfred knows something about video games when we just saw someone in a similar position, Gianni Infantino, try to extort EA for double the licensing fee money. The only thing he cared about was getting more money for what he saw as a crucial license, not helping EA run their business toward better profitability. He had no clue how costly AAA game development was, either, since he announced a FIFA game that would be the true FIFA game on a timeline that clearly indicates he knows nothing about video games.

How are you this dumb to think that these licensors care about the actual game? They just care about a) collecting a licensing fee and b) making sure they have the same mindshare as their competitor leagues. They're not out here looking at publisher financials and steering the direction of the game itself. :snoop:

Daps
And both concerns were solved by going multiplat.

Crazy :wow:
And yet Sony only went multiplat after MLB's attempt at making a competitor flamed out.

It's almost like Sony saw the value of PS-only releases and preferred to avoid the cost of porting everywhere, especially to consoles like Switch where MTX revenue is almost certainly low.

Crazy :wow: