Sony plunged $10 billion after its PS5 sales cut. But a bigger issue is its near decade low games margin

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
Game Pass launched in 2017. It took them 7 years to come to the conclusion they could release games on rival consoles because they're focused on a software platform instead of hardware? The PS4 sold more than double the Xbox One. They wasted the opportunity to monetize those potential customers.

No their play was to build out Xbox as a platform and the market hasn't responded to that. It's going in the opposite direction in fact. Faced with that they decided to explore other avenues and that lead them to launching games on Switch and PS5.

These moves aren't savvy and smart they're concessions made because other moves didn't pan out. Painting it as some genius move is disingenuous because had things worked out they wouldn't be doing this.
This thread cooking.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
For real. Brehs spend more time being armchair industry analysts than talking about actual games these days.
80% of the posts in the hell divers thread has been about CCU and sales.

Then you had complaints about being able to connect and circumvent and I think today was the first time guys talked about their actual loadouts and strategy.

:pachaha:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Clearly they do since they wanted the same thing that the NBA and NFL have. :wow:
Take 2 and EA making billions off placing games on all platforms and then milking the larger player base off of MTX.

I’m glad to see you’re finally realizing the reality, but dug in on Stanleybabble.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Not exactly, MLB just wants to make the biggest buck possible for their license.

all that console war shyt, don't matter to them.
Sony also wants to make the biggest buck possible. :gucci:

That’s why we now see Sony Stan’s going, “of course they’ll release games day 1 on PC.”

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
80% of the posts in the hell divers thread has been about CCU and sales.

Then you had complaints about being able to connect and circumvent and I think today was the first time guys talked about their actual loadouts and strategy.

:pachaha:

Yeah, and shyt lame as hell. :scust:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Microsoft purchased companies that were already making PlayStation games and continued to let that happen. There's a difference between decided to make games for a rival and buying a business that's successful as is and letting it remain that way. Congrats they didn't kneecap Minecraft by pulling it off PlayStation and Switch. That's so noble of them when it would have heavily damaged the franchise otherwise stripping away hundreds of millions of potential customers.
How many 3rd party devs and publisher can you name that don't make PlayStation games :heh: anyone they purchased that makes console games is going to have a PlayStation player base.

You are a person that loves to take the end result of something strip it of all context then present that as if the result itself is the context.

This isn't true, it's odd you even saying this when I've been saying the samething since I started debating with Stan's on this forum.

Me saying Xbox was a means for MS to become a household spoken name since I started posting here is taking the end result and stripping it. :mjlol:

And that The xbox1 was trying to be the center of a digital media center So much so dudes complained about everything about it. "We don't want to stream videos, we don't want these movie apps or web browsers, we don't want to need to be connected to the Internet, we don't want digital games, we don't want to have a camera in our face all the time or listen to us. (Hi Alexa and Google home)

Oh yeah, I definitely just take the end result of things and present it as I always believe it to be :heh:

You then have the nerve of accusing people of trying to fit things in a narrative when that's what you're doing. Sony makes MLB The Show on Xbox because the license holder demanded it. It wasn't something they wanted.
So what you telling me is that even folks that aren't in the gaming business can see what Sony can't? :jbhmm:

That should tell you all you need to know.

Instead of being honest about that you take the facts and obscure them or flat out omit them to fit your narrative. Otherwise can you show me these other games PlayStation makes for Xbox? You don't see any other Sony first party games on Xbox because when it's left up to them they choose not to.
And that's why they scrambling to get things together now.

Things aren't getting cheaper as time goes on.

So at some point either we paying 100 plus per game and some big stupid console price for PlayStations or they get on board (they have already) the stans just don't know it.

Last edited:

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
For real. Brehs spend more time being armchair industry analysts than talking about actual games these days.
Well shyt gets discussed and we see it play out in real time, whether it's business practices, acquisitions or leaks.

I'm an adult video game consumer, and I want to know where the future of it is heading so I can plan accordingly.

Whether it's gonna be on a Sony console, Ms, or PC.

Just give me the games.

Crazy thing is reading this article and others on the MS side we not getting nothing worth shyt for a minute.

This industry is so fukking frustrating.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony purchased companies that were already making xbox games and continued to let it happen :ohhh:

I didn’t say anything about nobility. It’s all business :ehh:

I didn’t start at the end.

I said it here almost a decade ago, where all this was going. BEFORE MLB went multiplat. BEFORE sony purchased bungie. You all called me a delusional stan then, now reality hits and you are having a problem processing it.

Now why would the MLB want this change? And why would sony agree with it? And who told you sony didn’t want to do it?? :ohhh:

He lucky, I was waiting to hit him or the duck with marathon like a Spade.:lolbron:

Daps
Take 2 and EA making billions off placing games on all platforms and then milking the larger player base off of MTX.

I’m glad to see you’re finally realizing the reality, but dug in on Stanleybabble.
What do Take Two and EA have to do with MLB wanting their brand across all consoles?

You're too slow to even follow the conversation, breh. How is Meach the smartest one of y'all? :picard:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Well shyt gets discussed and we see it play out in real time, whether it's business practices, acquisitions or leaks.

I'm an adult video game consumer, and I want to know where the future of it is heading so I can plan accordingly.

Whether it's gonna be on a Sony console, Ms, or PC.

Just give me the games.

Crazy thing is reading this article and others on the MS side we not getting nothing worth shyt for a minute.

This industry is so fukking frustrating.
Biggest problem right now is that these companies are going through a painful reorg on what it means to be successful and profitable in the gaming media space.

The belief that console growth would lead to a similar almost linear game sales growth turned out to not be accurate. Now companies aren’t seeing the type of ROI on these massive titles.

As a result we’re getting less new games and more remakes to maximize profits on these grossly expensive projects.

Hopefully games like palworld, helldivers, hifi rush, bg3 (early access model) etc show that companies can do better and better service the consumer.

Gaming industries pretty much where the movie industry was when it was all extra long Jason bay style films or just super heroes movies.