Sony plunged $10 billion after its PS5 sales cut. But a bigger issue is its near decade low games margin

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:dahell:

I posted an article with dude saying "Our acquisition of Bungie also represents a major step forward in becoming more multiplatform." your response was "When he says multiplatform he's talking about PlayStation and PC". Bungie's next game will be on Xbox
The word multiplatform means more than 1 platform. PS5 and PC are multiplatform. Again show me someone at PlayStation outside of Bungie directly saying their games are coming to Xbox or Switch. You can't because it doesn't exist. It should be fairly easy to fine one of the many different developer studios or executives at Sony naming Xbox since you suggest that's in the plans. It would be front page news anywhere.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Was that a PlayStation initiative of a Bungie one? Do you have any comments from someone at Sony outside of Bungie talking about their desire to bring that game or any game to the Xbox?

We all know Bungie came forward when purchased and said part of the condition of the purchase is they could put their games on the platforms they desired.
And if that was something they were opposed to philosophically they wouldn’t have made the purchase or agreed to those terms. Same with mlb. :gucci:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Was that a PlayStation initiative of a Bungie one? Do you have any comments from someone at Sony outside of Bungie talking about their desire to bring that game or any game to the Xbox?

We all know Bungie came forward when purchased and said part of the condition of the purchase is they could put their games on the platforms they desired.
You know both parties have to agree to a contract right?

You know bungie is now a sony subsidiary right?

You know sony had to agree to the terms and were excited about their purchase right?

Why are you doing this :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
A reboot that was already 65% completed at the time of purchase isn't the same.. it was already made and ported for other systems.

Sony would be morons not to put it out, doesn't exactly mean they are multi plat tho.

Super nuanced fine point.
Now we pulling percentages out of our ass.

Microsoft pulled multiple games off playstation deep into development cause they wanted them to be exclusive. Ironically they are the ones considered to be multiplatform.

But sonys hands were tied, they had no choice but to invest 4 billion into making xbox games.

Y’all really sound crazy in here

But i’m the one missing the point and weaving narratives :mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You are talking about two different people. :mjlol:

They don’t have to say xbox.

“We bought a multiplatform developer, so we can make multiplatform money”

Sony stan’s “He’s not talking about xbox, even tho the games will release on xbox”

:Stopitslime:

They are dropping the games on xbox. That’s the facts. I’m not trying to obfuscate anything.

Actions speak louder than words. They can throw a comment out for you stans to say on code, but reality is they’ve made significant investments in xbox games.

There is no narrative. They literally are dropping xbox games.

I NEVER claimed they would be expanding further into xbox, that’s what you are trying to fight against cause it don’t make your stan feel good.

As for xbox. They say “we are bringing 4 old games” your reaction is,” those aren’t the only games, they are gonna fully support plantation even with some day one games”

Sony buys a multiplatform developer, signs a deal to bring MLB to xbox and talks all over the place about needing to find profit through multiplatform development and your reaction is.

“They didn’t wanna do it they were forced against their will, they wanna assert their dominance against xbox but bungie and the MLB won’t let them.

It’s not me weaving narratives :wow:
Please show me where I said anything like this.

You don't have to claim it's going to have a further expansion to suggest that it's something Sony deliberately strategized to do instead of concessions they made to very specific parties who requested that.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Please show me where I said anything like this.

You don't have to claim it's going to have a further expansion to suggest that it's something Sony deliberately strategized to do

You think they signed the contract by mistake?? :mjlol:
instead of concessions they made to very specific parties who requested that.
or they could have spent 4 billion dollars on exclusive content if that’s what they wanted to do. :ehh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You know both parties have to agree to a contract right?

You know bungie is now a sony subsidiary right?

You know sony had to agree to the terms and were excited about their purchase right?

Why are you doing this :mjlol:
I guess it's then fair to say then that it's Microsoft's plan to keep Call of Duty off Game Pass and they don't want it on there.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
who cares who said, or agreed to, whatever, if the game is on Xbox

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Please show me where he referenced Xbox or Switch. He specifically referenced PC as computers. You know this but you can take the world multiplatform and obfuscate it and say oh well Bungie and the MLB want games on Xbox so that means PlayStation as a whole wants it.

You weave a narrative that doesn't exist and I don't know why because they haven't said anything about their intentions of expanding further into Xbox or Switch. We got a whole podcasts with Xbox CEO and executives clearly saying they intend to release games on the PlayStation 5 and Switch.
So why not say we are going to continue doing what we are doing?

They already are releasing games on PC, if he wants to "go aggressive on improving margins" and the area where he sees the most potential is multiplatform, and they are ALREADY releasing games on PC, then what's left to take from the statements of the top dog of the company?

It really doesn't leave many options on the table when it's clear where money can be made almost for "free"

Day and date releases on PC or releasing titles on "other platforms" like he literally says.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I guess it's then fair to say then that it's Microsoft's plan to keep Call of Duty off Game Pass and they don't want it on there.
The fukk you get this from. :dahell:

It’s their money, if they want cod on gamepass it will be.

If it doesn’t come to gamepass(which they already confirmed they will) you wouldn’t accept xbox fans claiming “that wasn’t xbox choice activision forced them”

That’s crazy talk. Microsoft has the money. They did the acquiring. Any terms they signed they were fully aware of and agreed to.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The fukk you get this from. :dahell:

It’s their money, if they want cod on gamepass it will be.

If it doesn’t come to gamepass(which they already confirmed they will) you wouldn’t accept xbox fans claiming “that wasn’t xbox choice activision forced them”

That’s crazy talk. Microsoft has the money. They did the acquiring. Any terms they signed they were fully aware of and agreed to.
I mean they signed a contract that said they agree to keep it off Game Pass. That's part of their plan for the series. Nobody forced them to sign that contract. They could have said Activision signed that not us we won't honor it. Guess what happens if they do that. The entire deal possibly falls through.

It's funny you can see that Microsoft has the capacity to agree to a contract that has terms they don't favor to close a deal but I guess Sony doesn't have that capacity.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I mean they signed a contract that said they agree to keep it off Game Pass. That's part of their plan for the series. Nobody forced them to sign that contract. They could have said Activision signed that not us we won't honor it. Guess what happens if they do that. The entire deal possibly falls through.
If they did not like the terms of the contract they wouldn’t sign it.

If they felt COD being on gamepass was that important they would have made the changes they needed to, to make that a reality.

Again, we’ve seen them turn multiplatform games into exclusives after an acquisition.

It would be a cop out to claim it is Activisions fault the COD games aren’t on gamepass. And they aren’t saying that.

It's funny you can see that Microsoft has the capacity to agree to a contract that has terms they don't favor to close a deal but I guess Sony doesn't have that capacity.
Sony and Microsoft have the money. Activision and Bungie needed a buyer.

Sony and microsoft set the terms, not the other way around. If sony was hell bent on not dropping xbox games, they wouldn’t be dropping xbox games. That’s it :manny:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If they did not like the terms of the contract they wouldn’t sign it.

If they felt COD being on gamepass was that important they would have made the changes they needed to, to make that a reality.

Again, we’ve seen them turn multiplatform games into exclusives after an acquisition.

It would be a cop out to claim it is Activisions fault the COD games aren’t on gamepass. And they aren’t saying that.

Sony and Microsoft have the money. Activision and Bungie needed a buyer.

Sony and microsoft set the terms, not the other way around. If sony was hell bent on not dropping xbox games, they wouldn’t be dropping xbox games. That’s it :manny:
So to cut through all the crap Microsoft does not want Call of Duty on Game Pass per their contract they signed.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I also find it interesting that Microsoft wanted to offload their streaming rights to Activision Blizzard games to Ubisoft instead of holding the rights to those games themselves. You would think it would be better to hold onto those themselves instead of having to license their own games from another company buy what do I know. Apparently companies don't make unfavorable concessions to close deals and anything in a contract they sign is something they wanted. You learn something new every day.

Today I learned that If Microsoft had it their way Cod wouldn't be on Game Pass just like it isn't and they'd still have Ubisoft holding the streaming rights to games they make.