Sony plunged $10 billion after its PS5 sales cut. But a bigger issue is its near decade low games margin

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
They stupid but that that stupid…..

lol @ Mid

Madame Webb in theaters now brehs :pachaha:
Everything since no way home been ass breh.
This is exactly what I’m talking about. Blurring the facts to fit a narrative and especially false equivalence.

Bungie has it in their contract they can release games on the platforms they see fit. That’s Bungie dictating that not Sony management. But you go ahead and paint that as Sony having a desire for games to be on Xbox because it sounds nicer than the truth, admitting that Bungie decided that.

if Sony is really in the business of making Xbox games at a meaningful level where are Naughty Dog’s Xbox games? Sucker Punch? Insomniac post purchase?

Microsoft as a company decided to release games they intended to originally be exclusive on the PS5 and Switch. That’s not equal to Bungie who was already doing and the MLB deciding that.

It does seem that Bungie is an independent studio financed by Sony more than an outright Sony studio if that makes sense.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Everything isn't about short term money making. Some of it is about power and control. Companies want to assert their own dominance and further it.
Yea you think this is 1990 and that the consoles are growing, hint they're not and haven't grown in 2 decades where as budgets have grown significantly since. Ps5 is on pace to finish below the ps4 which was below the Ps2. Sony would LOVE to self publish MLB the Show on Xbox and switch, their contract does not allow it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
He clarified in the talk that, by multi-platform, he meant on PlayStation and PC — not Xbox or Switch.

“This is true, but there’s a synergy to it, so if you have strong first-party content – not only on our console but also other platforms, like computers – a first-party [game] can be grown with multi-platform, and that can help operating profit to improve, so that’s another one we want to proactively work on.
When he says multiplatform he's talking about PlayStation and PC. That's the extent of it.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

When he says multiplatform he's talking about PlayStation and PC. That's the extent of it.
Marathon ain't coming to the Xbox?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

That’s two different people. :ufdup:

Again they spent 4 billion dollars on a multiplatform developer.

If they didn’t want to release xbox games they woulda spent that 4 billion on something else.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Naw they didn’t wanna go multiplat Bungie forced them, they had no choice, they hate xbox and wanted to assert their dominance, xbots are so stupid and don’t understand business :smh:
Please show me where he referenced Xbox or Switch. He specifically referenced PC as computers. You know this but you can take the world multiplatform and obfuscate it and say oh well Bungie and the MLB want games on Xbox so that means PlayStation as a whole wants it.

You weave a narrative that doesn't exist and I don't know why because they haven't said anything about their intentions of expanding further into Xbox or Switch. We got a whole podcasts with Xbox CEO and executives clearly saying they intend to release games on the PlayStation 5 and Switch.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:usure:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Was that a PlayStation initiative of a Bungie one? Do you have any comments from someone at Sony outside of Bungie talking about their desire to bring that game or any game to the Xbox?

We all know Bungie came forward when purchased and said part of the condition of the purchase is they could put their games on the platforms they desired.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Was that a PlayStation initiative of a Bungie one? Do you have any comments from someone at Sony outside of Bungie talking about their desire to bring that game or any game to the Xbox?

We all know Bungie came forward when purchased and said part of the condition of the purchase is they could put their games on the platforms they desired.

:dahell:

I posted an article with dude saying "Our acquisition of Bungie also represents a major step forward in becoming more multiplatform." your response was "When he says multiplatform he's talking about PlayStation and PC". Bungie's next game will be on Xbox

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Show me one direct quote of anyone at PlayStation outside of Bungie speaking of a desire to bring games to Xbox.

I find it laughable that yall think there are all these gamers on Xbox that don't already own a platform Sony releases on that are just waiting for Sony games to show up on Xbox and eager to buy. You are patient zero of it. You own an Xbox and fully support them yet are known to also own a PlayStation to access their games.

You even have Phil Spencer on the podcast assuring Xbox gamers that no Starfield and no Indiana Jones on PlayStation because he understands what that does to Xbox yet Sony who is just getting their feet wet with a second platform is supposed to be believed to be rushing into more?

When someone from Sony speaks on Xbox directly I'll believe it. When some guy on a message forum says it's in Sony's plans that means jack shyt.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
A reboot that was already 65% completed at the time of purchase isn't the same.. it was already made and ported for other systems.

Sony would be morons not to put it out, doesn't exactly mean they are multi plat tho.

Super nuanced fine point.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Please show me where he referenced Xbox or Switch. He specifically referenced PC as computers.
You are talking about two different people. :mjlol:

They don’t have to say xbox.

“We bought a multiplatform developer, so we can make multiplatform money”

Sony stan’s “He’s not talking about xbox, even tho the games will release on xbox”

:stopitslime:

You know this but you can take the world multiplatform and obfuscate it and say oh well Bungie and the MLB want games on Xbox so that means PlayStation as a whole wants it.
They are dropping the games on xbox. That’s the facts. I’m not trying to obfuscate anything.

Actions speak louder than words. They can throw a comment out for you stans to say on code, but reality is they’ve made significant investments in xbox games.

You weave a narrative that doesn't exist and I don't know why because they haven't said anything about their intentions of expanding further into Xbox or Switch. We got a whole podcasts with Xbox CEO and executives clearly saying they intend to release games on the PlayStation 5 and Switch.
There is no narrative. They literally are dropping xbox games.

I NEVER claimed they would be expanding further into xbox, that’s what you are trying to fight against cause it don’t make your stan feel good.

As for xbox. They say “we are bringing 4 old games” your reaction is,” those aren’t the only games, they are gonna fully support playstation even with some day one games”

Sony buys a multiplatform developer, signs a deal to bring MLB to xbox and talks all over the place about needing to find profit through multiplatform development and your reaction is.

“They didn’t wanna do it they were forced against their will, they wanna assert their dominance against xbox but bungie and the MLB won’t let them.

It’s not me weaving narratives :wow: