Sony Milking Last Of Us 2: New Editions on the Way (Update: Confirmed)

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Quick, someone post a image with upward pointing arrows and random percentages as that is all Xbots seem to believe these days

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
No. This is why you goofies are so susceptible to fake news, lies and propaganda just like maga republicans.

If someone is gonna source another person in a story, you as the reader should follow that source and look for confirmation/explanation yourself to make sure the writer of the story is not misrepresenting the information.

If he’s gonna just flippantly mention what some analyst “told him” he should also be linking to a source or direct quote or numbers or something in order to give readers a chance to confirm the information.

Otherwise Michale Pacter said @Gizmo_Duck momma a hoe and we all believe him :manny:

Now we’re yelling fake news :russ:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I guess I got quoted because I said I was looking forward to the Oblivion and FO3 remasters. those are 15+ y/o games. however you feel about remastering TLOU2, I think the issue is people want something new from ND. personally I'm looking forward to TLOU2 being on PC

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I guess I got quoted because I said I was looking forward to the Oblivion and FO3 remasters. those are 15+ y/o games. however you feel about remastering TLOU2, I think the issue is people want something new from ND. personally I'm looking forward to TLOU2 being on PC
Yea, us asking for games that came out in the early 2000s apparently is the same :mjlol:

Oblivion came out in 2006. It's been 17 years. It ain't the same.

Fallout 3 came out in 2008. It's time. (even though I want a New Vegas Remake, but bytchesda gonna be mad because that is the better Fallout game)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
TLOU Part 2 was coming to PC inevitably so a PS5 "remake/remaster" was probably a 2 birds one stone thing. ND is obviously working on other stuff but these leaks coupled with the anxious fans waiting for updates on Factions is setting the tone that they have nothing in the pipeline. It's like if GTA 6 for example never leaked people would be saying the same thing about GTA 6 probably not ever coming out.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Generously $50 per game is about what they would make on those early sales.

At 5 million sold that’s $250m

The documents said the games cost $200m to make and $100-200m to market.

They don’t really start making money till like 6-7 mill are sold. Which is why they need to keep making remakes and remasters to keep the cash flowing on that initial huge investment.
A videogame is not going to cost the same amount to market as a blockbuster film.

And most of TLOU2's sales were digital so 50 a copy is underselling. Especially in countries where their money is worth more (Europe/UK).

That game is swimming in the black after the first 4, conservatively 5 million sold. Even at reduced prices it's all stat padding from that point. It's over 10 million. Same as HFW.

Sales after that are straight gravy. And that's before the Remaster in TLOU2's case where you know it's gonna be released for 70. Even more money.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
A videogame is not going to cost the same amount to market as a blockbuster film.
The numbers were testified to in court. I didn’t make them up.
And most of TLOU2's sales were digital so 50 a copy is underselling. Especially in countries where their money is worth more (Europe/UK).

62% to 48%

Estimating $50 per sale is actually very generous
That game is swimming in the black after the first 4, conservatively 5. Even at reduced prices it's all stat padding from that point. It's over 10 million. Same as HFW.

Sales after that are straight gravy. And that's before the Remaster in TLOU2's case where you know it's gonna be released for 70. Even more money.
As usual you made all this up with your feelings, despite actual numbers being contrary :ehh:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Estimating $50 per sale is actually very generous

no it's not.

If 62% of a games sales are digital, that 62% is all straight to Sony.

50$ is the revenue on a 70 dollar games roughly for physicals at 70%.

50 is too conservative, 55 is more realistic floor.

Dog, I calculate ROIs all the time for work in my sleep.

Its at 10 million plus sold breh (As of last year before the show dropped), that game is swimming in money.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
no it's not.

If 62% of a games sales are digital, that 62% is all straight to Sony.

50$ is the revenue on a 70 dollar games roughly for physicals at 70%.

Dog, I calculate ROIs all the time for work in my sleep.

Its at 10 million plus sold breh (As of last year before the show dropped), that game is swimming in money.
Game was not $70 at launch. And it’s not free to host digital games. Also lots of those sales are bundles and discounts. Game was on sale for just $30 a couple months after release.

$50 per sale is VERY generous.

Going forward they will make a lot of money k the game which is why they are puting more effort into the gaas spin-off and remakes/remasters than TLOU3

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Game was not $70 at launch. And it’s not free to host digital games. Also lots of those sales are bundles and discounts. Game was on sale for just $30 a couple months after release.

$50 per sale is VERY generous.

Going forward they will make a lot of money k the game which is why they are puting more effort into the gaas spin-off and remakes/remasters than TLOU3

My whole point is that game was straight in the black after at least 5 million sold. shyt, call it 6 to make you happy. Game is caking.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
My whole point is that game was straight in the black after at least 5 million sold. shyt, call it 6 to make you happy. Game is caking.

It was profitable week one. Druckmann said it himself

There’s still collectors editions also