Sony Japan's Sept 9/8 (2 AM ET/11 PM PT) PS4 Event 2013 livestream links & Official Thread

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Is it not obvious? Because they're facing stiff competition in the west with MS also releasing the Xbox1 this year, so they're prioritizing NA & EU knowing that they'll win Japan by default.

:ohhh: so it makes sense for console manufacturers to concentrate on areas where they will have the most success.

And here I thought it was proof that they are "behind", "not ready for launch" or having manufacturing issues.

Thanks for clearing that up:cheers:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
again, that really isn't an answer to my question. why stagger the release at all? why make anyone wait?

I know the answer, but this is the bed playstanleys made, and now they don't want to lay in it

...did you not see my post on page 6 answering all of this? Why focus on three markets when they can focus on two?

I actually remember you being one of the best posters on this site. Shame to see you degenerate into a X-Box fanboi for no obvious reason.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh: so it makes sense for console manufacturers to concentrate on areas where they will have the most success.

And here I thought it was proof that they are "behind", "not ready for launch" or having manufacturing issues.

Thanks for clearing that up:cheers:

Of course it makes sense for X-Box to concentrate on the US, when its already lost the markets in Europe and Japan. No one said otherwise, people were just pointing out how far behind the X-Box is globally.

In other words, stop changing the goalposts (ditto for Daze).

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Of course it makes sense for X-Box to concentrate on the US, when its already lost the markets in Europe and Japan. No one said otherwise, people were just pointing out how far behind the X-Box is globally.

In other words, stop changing the goalposts (ditto for Daze).

:ohhh: so xbox choosing their launch territories strategically equates to them being behind globally.

But ps4 doing the same equates to a sound business strategy.

And I'm the one moving goalposts :rudy:

• Dap

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
...did you not see my post on page 6 answering all of this? Why focus on three markets when they can focus on two?

why not focus on all three?

the answer is obviously because there's a limited number of consoles. I understand that, and I also don't expect to be able to play online games from a submarine

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Blind following the blind

Sony already said the reason for the delay
"The main reason for the delay is to allow more Japanese titles to be available on its launch date"
Which means sony just dissed yall on the low and you don't even see it.

Basically yall getting the system this year with a weak launch line up, (aka good enough for the US line up) Its weak enough that they know that it won't fly in japan but loyalist here seem good with it. A company and system that japan pretty much eats, sleeps, and breathes and they have to delay it so there are more titles? Makes no sense....

That's like Microsoft delaying the release here and dropping the xb1 in europe on the 22....

But go ahead and praise them for their ingenious work.:bryan:

Like I said I follow alot of companies mostly tech, and none of them that I can recall have ever not release to the core audience 1st.

• Dap

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Sony already said the reason for the delay Which means sony just dissed yall on the low and you don't even see it.

Basically yall getting the system this year with a weak launch line up, (aka good enough for the US line up) Its weak enough that they know that it won't fly in japan but loyalist here seem good with it. A company and system that japan pretty much eats, sleeps, and breathes and they have to delay it so there are more titles? Makes no sense....

That's like Microsoft delaying the release here and dropping the xb1 in europe on the 22....

Like I said I follow alot of companies mostly tech, and none of them that I can recall have ever not release to the core audience 1st.

You are beyond retarded. You realise the games people prefer in America - FPS and sports games - are completely and utterly different then the kind of games people prefer in Japan - stuff like Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest etc.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Sony already said the reason for the delay Which means sony just dissed yall on the low and you don't even see it.

:snoop: You do realize the Japanese gaming audience has different tastes from the western audience. A lot of Japanese games never get released in North America.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop: You do realize the Japanese gaming audience has different tastes from the western audience. A lot of Japanese games never get released in North America.

This new dude is even more embarrassing than Daze, Court etc.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
is $ony not releasing in Japan until Feb 29th because of manufacturing issues?

Hell of a leap you made there.

Sony didn't announce they were launching in a bunch of countries then later in the year delay a chunk of them to unknown dates in 2014.

PS4 launching in 32 countries this year. 32 in 2013 and they haven't changed anything from that.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I also realize that sony should know the release date time frame internally before anyone else and know the progress of both 3rd and 1st party games. So tell me why sony of america can meet a time able that 4 months earlier than japan with their games but japan the life blood of both sony and ps4 can't? I also know that 4 months isn't enough time to produce any type of quality game at all and any polishing that takes place in 4 months is just that polish.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps

This post is Fox News level shyt.