Sony Japan's Sept 9/8 (2 AM ET/11 PM PT) PS4 Event 2013 livestream links & Official Thread

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
I want that Vita TV brehs..... :wow:

Also Phantasy Star Nova for Vita :blessed:

Deep Down. :win:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just to be clear - (a) Sony has no console competition in Japan, it can release whenever it likes and dominate, (b) the Christmas season means next to nothing in Japan, so no need to release Oct/Nov and (c) people in Japan will buy the PS4 when it has games that Japanese people care about. They don't care about Killzone/Infamous etc - the American/European launch games are irrelevant for them, and the games they will care about aren't coming until next year.

/discussion.
What game are they waiting for breh?

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's pretty obvious why sony did this with the release date in Japan.

It's partly due to supply and demand and the xbox one in the sense that in order to compete with the xbone and keep up with the PS4's demand, supply had to but cut from somewhere else.

And it only makes sense to cut from the market where the won't really lose due to a late release IE. Japan

So logically it makes sense and is pretty simple.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
2003 called...

GameCube-Game-Boy-Player.jpg

:lolbron:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
is $ony not releasing in Japan until Feb 29th because of manufacturing issues?

No, they want to lock down US and Europe. They gonna be the leader in Japan by default ( Wii U :childplease: ). The fact they haven't even talked about a Japan release pretty much showed that Japan wasn't getting it this year I thought. Thought it was a given PS4 wouldn't release in Japan this year. They getting it in February on the 22nd.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
No, they want to lock down US and Europe. They gonna be the leader in Japan by default ( Wii U :childplease: ). The fact they haven't even talked about a Japan release pretty much showed that Japan wasn't getting it this year I thought. Thought it was a given PS4 wouldn't release in Japan this year. They getting it in February on the 22nd.

that really isn't an answer. why aren't they releasing in Japan at around the same time as NA and Europe?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
that really isn't an answer. why aren't they releasing in Japan at around the same time as NA and Europe?

Because NA & Europe is more important. Japan cares more about handhelds & mobile than consoles. Besides, we all know Sony will win Japan by default.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Because NA & Europe is more important. Japan cares more about handhelds & mobile than consoles. Besides, we all know Sony will win Japan by default.

again, that really isn't an answer to my question. why stagger the release at all? why make anyone wait?

I know the answer, but this is the bed playstanleys made, and now they don't want to lay in it

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Because they obviously want to sew up the areas where there actually is competition?
again, that really isn't an answer to my question. why stagger the release at all? why make anyone wait?

I know the answer, but this is the bed playstanleys made, and now they don't want to lay in it

U trying too hard breh

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Is it not obvious? Because they're facing stiff competition in the west with MS also releasing the Xbox1 this year, so they're prioritizing NA & EU knowing that they'll win Japan by default.