Sony Japan's Sept 9/8 (2 AM ET/11 PM PT) PS4 Event 2013 livestream links & Official Thread

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the answer is obviously because there's a limited number of consoles.

...as opposed to them having what? An unlimited amount of consoles?

Look, I understand you have some incredible thought-provoking point you wish to make, so maybe you can just come out and say it and stop clogging this thread up with your inane and fallacious posts?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
...as opposed to them having what? An unlimited amount of consoles?

Look, I understand you have some incredible thought-provoking point you wish to make, so maybe you can just come out and say it and stop clogging this thread up with your inane and fallacious posts?

the point is everyone is reasonable about the realities of the situation when Sony makes these decisions. but when M$ does it, it's an example of "failure", "screwing over their loyal customers", "evil", etc.

the thread about needing to update your ps3 to play some blu-rays was a good example. I understand the tech, and don't have a problem with that. BUT cats have spent months saying that any device/game that doesn't function "out the box", and requires some kind of connection to the internet, is some kind of crime against consumers

when M$ announces a staggered release, it's all talk about "yield/manufacturing issues". those things may be factors, but ultimately, like you alluded to, they don't have an unlimited amount of consoles

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the point is everyone is reasonable about the realities of the situation when Sony makes these decisions. but when M$ does it, it's an example of "failure", "screwing over their loyal customers", "evil", etc.

the thread about needing to update your ps3 to play some blu-rays was a good example. I understand the tech, and don't have a problem with that. BUT cats have spent months saying that any device/game that doesn't function "out the box", and requires some kind of connection to the internet, is some kind of crime against consumers

when M$ announces a staggered release, it's all talk about "yield/manufacturing issues". those things may be factors, but ultimately, like you alluded to, they don't have an unlimited amount of consoles

You could have just said this three pages ago and saved us all a lot of time.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

fukk M$ :pacspit:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Other bluray players outside of the PS3 required the same thing to update.... :leostare:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Vita TV is gettin copped. :steviej:

Playing my ps4 on another TV without moving the system and playing Vita games on my TV too?
SFZ3LgE.gif

Thought it was pretty known that Japan wasn't getting the PS4 till next year. Xbox aint launching in Japan this holiday, Wii U is dumpster fire status, PS4 gonna win by default regardless in Asia, so no biggie.
So let me get this straight. You can hook up your PS4 to a TV, then if you go to another room you can use the Vita TV dongle to stream your PS4 to another TV in the same house? And all for the low low price of $129.99+tax :gladbron:
I think i'll be good with leaving my xbox in the family room so anyone can just enter and be like "Yo real Tv, turn on Rekkaprydes favorite show" and then the 49ers will come on instantly. Then while Clay Mathews superman strangles Colin's neck, my fantasy ticker can light up and I can instantly see the reply :wow:
Let be crucially honest here. When did Sony have this great marketplace that would make ANYBODY want to buy a dedicated device? :laff:
Maybe you guys forgot about cinivia? You mean to tell me you gonna pay $17 to download Dodgeball: Ballz of fury HD over a PSN connection :bryan:
So at the end of the day, the TV function isn't even what you want. You just like the streaming
Is the streaming flawless tho? I guess we'll have to take sony's word for it. What happened to the VR set?
What game are they waiting for breh?
Any game that is exclusive, regardless of how boring it may be :manny:
Because they obviously want to sew up the areas where there actually is competition?

U trying too hard breh
Then if thats how it works, it goes both ways. So then you can't "assume" that sony is having a bigger launch then :leon:
Yes, more countries, but that doesn't mean more systems. I guess we'll have to wait and see...
Is it not obvious? Because they're facing stiff competition in the west with MS also releasing the Xbox1 this year, so they're prioritizing NA & EU knowing that they'll win Japan by default.
Hasn't that been the case since the 1980's or earlier? Why the change in strategy now?
Thats what we been asking you, your answers have not explained why the change if Japan was always a done deal for them. So its clear you seem to be moving goalpost when convienent. But that cool, I seen the video and Deep Down does not look all that good. You guys once again are in love with cutscenes. The actual gameplay which they purposely limited showing for long periods of time were average.
:ohhh: so it makes sense for console manufacturers to concentrate on areas where they will have the most success.

And here I thought it was proof that they are "behind", "not ready for launch" or having manufacturing issues.

Thanks for clearing that up:cheers:
No, thank YOU for clearing that up :handshake:
Fanboys trying too hard in here . . . PS4 is being released in the North American, Latin American, Euro, and Aussie markets by the end of November. That's bigger than the WiiU and XB1's launches
How many ps4's will be available in any market :popcorn:
You could have just said this three pages ago and saved us all a lot of time.
He did, but your fanboy googles wouldn't let you decipher it :ufdup: