Sony is developing a new game cartridge.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You sure you'll still be alive by 2022 :usure:
And bruh, you're a Sony fan right? You must realize that the cloud is real so by default your console maker of choice is not in the advantageous position you clowns seem to think. So you sold more consoles this gen, Xbox wanted all systems connected to create even more cloud computational power. You know, like how Sony did with the cancer research thing. Microsoft was like fukk cancer, we giving our computational power to the gamers!

You probably forgot about all that so you are forgetting what's coming next gen :dame: crackdown3 is just a glimpse into Xbox's future. They already laid the blueprint, go watch e3 2013 if you wanna be reminded then calculate what you think will happen next gen :ufdup:

:duck:

I would say get a job then you broke fakkit but it's Smooth Thursday so :handshake:
What does any of this have to do with your claim that games will be %100 digital by 2022?

You willing to ban bet that it will or nah?

:usure:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I have the best internet available for my area. download speeds isnt the problem for me, it's the data caps. Downloading 2 100GB games and a few patches in a month would put me over my limit.

I never said it was Microsoft's fault, they have the right idea. I've been saying greedy internet service providers are the problem.

:dahell:

That’s shytty. Slow and steady>>>> fast and turn the fukk off :scust:

Your post seemed to defend people with slow internet.

Either way the tech world shouldn’t wait for some people to get better service. Thus far consoles have pushed the technical envelope. Not wait for everybody to upgrade first.

They went with cartridges, that's still physical media.

:dahell:
Your post said “discs” :comeon:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
What does any of this have to do with your claim that games will be %100 digital by 2022?

You willing to ban bet that it will or nah?

I didn't say shyt, I posted an article

You wanna make a bet that we won't know the answer until 4yrs from now :gucci:

Lets do this one mo gin...
In a few months the discless future begins
Report: Microsoft Working On A Radical New Xbox For 2019
Now they aiming for an Xbox one S for $150-$200. That puts a discless X at $250-300 starting out.

The success of that console along with digital sales, the trade in program. All that will factor in if a disc version will be available next gen. But there will definitely be a discless version at launch next gen. Expect Sony to copy Microsoft's moves while Nintendo will also embrace the new world internet order. You should Google what 5g internet is and how it'll change the way we do things :francis: by 2022 most things will not be tied to physical. Everything will be digital. Do you still use tapes and CD or did the iPod come out? Same shyt bruh, digital will be the popular standard

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
That’s shytty. Slow and steady>>>> fast and turn the fukk off :scust:

Your post seemed to defend people with slow internet.

Either way the tech world shouldn’t wait for some people to get better service. Thus far consoles have pushed the technical envelope. Not wait for everybody to upgrade first.
Alot of people dont have a Choice in the matter due to monopolies held by the major ISPs, I either have to deal with ATT and their data caps or get satellite internet(:scust:) in my area, and I dont live in some rural ass southern CAC town.

Tech isnt waiting, Microsoft is already rumored to have a digital only console planned for cheaper but they will still offer a disk drive model for people who cant necessarily go %100 percent digital.

The tech already exist for ISPs to offer fast internet speeds with no data caps but they want to make as much money as possible, with the government gearing up to kill net neutrality I dont see the situation getting better anytime soon.
Your post said “discs” :comeon:

The conversation was about rather or not games will be 100 percent digital by 2022, court posted a quote from Microsoft stating that a 1.5mb connection was all that was needed to achieve that when Microsoft was clearly talking about playing online multiplayer, not going full digital downloads. In 2022 all three console manufacturers will offer a system with physical media.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
My reply was in response to your claim that 1.5mb is enough to download 100+GB games, clearly the quote you posted was Microsoft talking about online gaming not downloads.

:stopitslime:

As far as internet speeds and data caps, no, we still aren't there for it to take over physical media and start introducing consoles with no disk drives as the norm.

That sounds real good if you live in a fake world view of reality :francis: So since you lying to yourself about the present, I'll show you the past and the future Xbox ghost style :banderas:

The past...
Digital sales now represent 74% of the US game market

And the future...
Video Games Will Be 100% Digital By 2022

Facts be what facts be, the cloud is real, Courtdog was right :wow:

I didn't say shyt, I posted an article

You wanna make a bet that we won't know the answer until 4yrs from now :gucci:
You are clearly arguing that everything will be digital only in your reply to me, so are you willing to take a ban bet that 2022 will be fully digital or nah?
2022 most things will not be tied to physical. Everything will be digital. Do you still use tapes and CD or did the iPod come out? Same shyt bruh, digital will be the popular standard

Music is not comparable, CDs aren't 100+GB of data.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:nikka bout to steal all they ideas :lolbron:
You know what fukking cracks me up the most? He couldn't be bothered to send a goon to do it for him so they could remain incognito. nikka got on a large ass coat like he supposed to be in disguise and shyt. I know he wants to see shyt himself but he could've outfitted the goon with secret cameras and ear pieces so he could tell him what to look at and shyt.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You sure you'll still be alive by 2022 :usure:
And bruh, you're a Sony fan right? You must realize that the cloud is real so by default your console maker of choice is not in the advantageous position you clowns seem to think. So you sold more consoles this gen, Xbox wanted all systems connected to create even more cloud computational power. You know, like how Sony did with the cancer research thing. Microsoft was like fukk cancer, we giving our computational power to the gamers!

You probably forgot about all that so you are forgetting what's coming next gen :dame: crackdown3 is just a glimpse into Xbox's future. They already laid the blueprint, go watch e3 2013 if you wanna be reminded then calculate what you think will happen next gen :ufdup:

:duck:

I would say get a job then you broke fakkit but it's Smooth Thursday so :handshake:
First of all The Boondocks is an anime, even if it's NOT made in Japan. That's a misconception a lot of people have about that shyt. it's still fukking amazing man :mjcry:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
You are clearly arguing that everything will be digital only in your reply to me, so are you willing to take a ban bet that 2022 will be fully digital or nah?

Music is not comparable, CDs aren't 100+GB of data.
Have you ever heard of lossless audio files bruh :mjpls:
And internet speeds double every twoyears. 5g in particular will be able to easily handle a 100gb download, you just don't get it. We'll be nearing 6g territory by 2022. 5g is said to average over 100mb a sec via mobile and 500mb a sec on the high end. Home internet will jump to 1gb on the low end and 10gb a sec on the higher ends (something like that) so your understanding of limits and whatnot are just outdated. You recognize that speeds increase but you don't understand that limits have to increase as well which is where :ufdup:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Have you ever heard of lossless audio files bruh
Very few people care about lossless audio or have studio level equipment to tell the difference. And lossless audio isnt 100GB of data.
And internet speeds double every twoyears. 5g in particular will be able to easily handle a 100gb download, you just don't get it. We'll be nearing 6g territory by 2022. 5g is said to average over 100mb a sec via mobile and 500mb a sec on the high end. Home internet will jump to 1gb on the low end and 10gb a sec on the higher ends (something like that) so your understanding of limits and whatnot are just outdated. You recognize that speeds increase but you don't understand that limits have to increase as well which is where
I dont care about how fast internet is becoming when ISPs have no desire to roll out those changes outside of a few major cities without data caps, fiberoptic connections exist and they still haven't rolled that out everywhere.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Very few people care about lossless audio or have studio level equipment to tell the difference. And lossless audio isnt 100GB of data.

I dont care about how fast internet is becoming when ISPs have no desire to roll out those changes outside of a few major cities without data caps, fiberoptic connections exist and they still haven't rolled that out everywhere.
So I guess you're saying there are places that will not accommodate? Why isn't anyone complaining about current gen limits? Most games with dlc is around 100gb now so what are you saying :dahell:

We are handling 100gb today, no problem. Could you name the place that is holding up the rest of the country, thanks :popcorn:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
So I guess you're saying there are places that will not accommodate? Why isn't anyone complaining about current gen limits? Most games with dlc is around 100gb now so what are you saying :dahell:

We are handling 100gb today, no problem. Could you name the place that is holding up the rest of the country, thanks :popcorn:
Most games are not 100+ GB, a select few are, but it will be standard next gen.

Physical media still exist and still account for most non indie game sells so people aren't regularly downloading 100+GB games.

You said all games will be 100 percent digital with no option of physical by 2022, you willing to take a ban bet on that or nah?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I don't know why MS or Sony aren't looking at Read only flash drives as media for games

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
All I gotta say is :snoop:
Most games are not 100+ GB, a select few are, but it will be standard next gen.
Most games these days are closer to 100gb than not, I'm reading your replies and it appears that logically speaking you are looking at this as either 100gb or its 1gb. Last gen Sony would add languages from around the world on the disc just so they could claim that games like mgs4 was 50gb. I say that to ask, what do you think the average game size is these days.

Are you aware that today's games are constantly updated. I'm talking 5gb, 10gb, 20gb updates? This is routine TODAY :facepalm:
Physical media still exist and still account for most non indie game sells so people aren't regularly downloading 100+GB games.
Yes, physical media does still exist. And yes most non indie games are sold physically. But what is that number? See, you're logically applying that 100 or 1 mentality again :ufdup: The actual number is around 45% now and each year that number increases greatly. They are expecting 70% by 2021. Here, let me show you data...
For console games, downloads are approaching a tipping point
You said all games will be 100 percent digital with no option of physical by 2022, you willing to take a ban bet on that or nah?
No for 2 reasons. 1, It's 2018 so you're trying to make a ban bet that we won't be able to enforce for 4yrs :dahell:

2. Digital will be what the majority uses. Weirdos like yourself unable to understand that your current gen systems are 100% digital, they do not read disc to run games. Disc only exist now because people ignorant to reality have to be tricked into it :wow:will there be a disc version available at launch which means disc will still be made? Possibly, they still make them on PC. But a discless Xbox will be available at launch for certain. By 2022 and sooner that version will be more popular than a disc version...if there is a disc version at all. And this disc version will be phased out before the end of the gen, again, if there is a disc. Only reason for a disc is because people like you will do the same thing you did at the start of this gen. Act like they trying to spy on you with the nsa. No disc means you gotta be online at some point. People in poor neighborhoods now have to have internet and everyone knows the internet is the police :damn:

I've told no tales here bruh :manny:

Last edited: