Sony is developing a new game cartridge.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I wish you guys would stop saying this :snoop: you only need 1.5mb for internet gaming...
Along with today's clarification of the online requirements of the Xbox One, Microsoft also gave us an internet speed target: "For an optimal experience, we recommend a broadband connection of 1.5Mbps." That doesn't seem unreasonable

So coli, who doesn't have that but can afford a next gen/current gen system :dahell:

The argument that these billion dollar companies will limit what their systems can do because there's a poor neighborhood somewhere is :mindblown: and is rooted in internet folklore ONLY. CUT THAT shyt OUT MY nikkaZ :ufdup:
This is for playing multiplayer online, that type of connection is trash when your expecting people to download 100+GB games with data limitations.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
I was thinking they could get away from discs by having a 'cartridge' you could load at a retailer. they have some kind of kiosk at Walmart, etc. you pay for the game, put your cartridge in, and it loads the (authenticated) game onto the cartridge. you then go home and install it on your console

it could be an option for those with crappy internet. they would just have to make it 'impossible' to hack

that's a dope idea

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
I wouldn’t be shocked if Sony made a switch-like console or add on for the PS5.

All those niche Japanese games and jrpg developers are going to flock to the switch since a lot of them have been performing extremely well on that platform, I can’t imagine Sony letting Nintendo eat off that market that Sony has had since the PS1

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
it could be an option for those with crappy internet. they would just have to make it 'impossible' to hack

giphy.gif

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I wouldn’t be shocked if Sony made a switch-like console or add on for the PS5.

All those niche Japanese games and jrpg developers are going to flock to the switch since a lot of them have been performing extremely well on that platform, I can’t imagine Sony letting Nintendo eat off that market that Sony has had since the PS1
This

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
I was thinking they could get away from discs by having a 'cartridge' you could load at a retailer. they have some kind of kiosk at Walmart, etc. you pay for the game, put your cartridge in, and it loads the (authenticated) game onto the cartridge. you then go home and install it on your console

Nobody is doing any of that.