Sony is developing a new game cartridge.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I remember the Sony MD I love those things if only sony kept evolving them as another form of media with blu-ray like discs inside of them.... :mjcry:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
that's a dope idea

I was thinking they could get away from discs by having a 'cartridge' you could load at a retailer. they have some kind of kiosk at Walmart, etc. you pay for the game, put your cartridge in, and it loads the (authenticated) game onto the cartridge. you then go home and install it on your console

it could be an option for those with crappy internet. they would just have to make it 'impossible' to hack

Nintendo already did that In the 80’s. You would go to the store kiosk and write the game to a floppy and put it in your “NES” at home.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
I been out the console wars since the PS4 clearly won and the stanleys stood defeated. I'm just waiting for something to pull me back in.
@Rekkapryde what's good? :mjlit: Is it foot on neck season again?

Daps
Sony patented this Switch looking thing early last year before the Switch released.
sony-patent-1487345867104_610w.jpg

And Sony worldwide CEO spotted at the Switch event right around the same time
C2K1PHtUcAAWXrj.jpg

Now they’re patenting cartridges.:jbhmm:

lol

In the cut like, :steviej:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:ehh:
Kinect wasn’t $400:mjlol:

What ever happened to Sony’s 3D bullshyt... and Vita... now PSVR:mjlol:

3D bullshyt? :dahell:

We made 3d gaming popular with the psx
:win:

Vita did better than Kinect :umad:

And psvr is selling well too (exceeding sales forecasts) :wow:

I been out the console wars since the PS4 clearly won and the stanleys stood defeated. I'm just waiting for something to pull me back in.
@Rekkapryde what's good? :mjlit: Is it foot on neck season again?

We past foot on neck. This war was a joke and continues to be a big :mjlol:

• Dap
Reactions: Jax

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Considering how storage has swung back to flash based for size and speed, I wouldn't mind the optical slot being just for movies and music.

We need those no loading days back. :blessed:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
psp-white-stupid-ad.jpg

This is for playing multiplayer online, that type of connection is trash when your expecting people to download 100+GB games with data limitations.
About 7yrs ago Sony was first to have day 1 digital downloads with the ps3. People like yourself claimed internet limits would make even that impossible. And that it would be a limited thing.

The internet max was 250gb for alot of people, especially in Canada. Speeds increased, nobody was left behindand digital downloads for bigger titles are now the norm. My Xbox downloads and redownloads shut constantly. Often 100gb a day worth of downloads being in the dash beta program. You'll be ok, trust me...
Psvr is very successful....over 3milli sold

:blessed:
Kinect sold 10million in a month but you didn't hear that from me :whistle:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
About 7yrs ago Sony was first to have day 1 digital downloads with the ps3. People like yourself claimed internet limits would make even that impossible. And that it would be a limited thing.

The internet max was 250gb for alot of people, especially in Canada. Speeds increased, nobody was left behindand digital downloads for bigger titles are now the norm. My Xbox downloads and redownloads shut constantly. Often 100gb a day worth of downloads being in the dash beta program. You'll be ok, trust me...
My reply was in response to your claim that 1.5mb is enough to download 100+GB games, clearly the quote you posted was Microsoft talking about online gaming not downloads.

:stopitslime:

As far as internet speeds and data caps, no, we still aren't there for it to take over physical media and start introducing consoles with no disk drives as the norm.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
My reply was in response to your claim that 1.5mb is enough to download 100+GB games, clearly the quote you posted was Microsoft talking about online gaming not downloads.

As far as internet speeds and data caps, no, we still aren't there for it to take over physical media and start introducing consoles with no disk drives as the norm.
That sounds real good if you live in a fake world view of reality :francis: So since you lying to yourself about the present, I'll show you the past and the future Xbox ghost style :banderas:

The past...
Digital sales now represent 74% of the US game market

And the future...
Video Games Will Be 100% Digital By 2022

Facts be what facts be, the cloud is real, Courtdog was right :wow:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
That sounds real good if you live in a fake world view of reality :francis: So since you lying to yourself about the present, I'll show you the past and the future Xbox ghost style :banderas:

The past...
Digital sales now represent 74% of the US game market

And the future...
Video Games Will Be 100% Digital By 2022

Facts be what facts be, the cloud is real, Courtdog was right :wow:
You posted a link that included mobile and Facebook games.

You willingly to take a ban bet that all 3 next gen consoles will have disk drives in 2022?