Sony introduces the world to Next Gen

Daps
Nah. Barren world. No physics, A.I. Ect.

To actually make this into a game, lots of what you see is gonna have to be lowered.

Cyberpunk has similar graphical fidelity, plus an actual game to go with it.

Don’t know how y’all claim this is more impressive than Something like cyberpunk.

Why do you keep ignoring the entire focus of the demo, which is that the geometrical burden once carried by systems will be significantly lightened thanks to how this engine generates environments? All of this "barren world, no phyisics, AI" claptrap is a deflection that doesn't give credit where it's due. The point, as was stated in this very video, is to give developers the opportunity to create massive and intricately detailed environments without worrying about how resources would be allocated for physics and AI.

:mjlol:

Daps
Oh and btw @itsyoung!!

Yea they thought outside the box. I agree and NEVER denied that. My biggest issue was the idea that "man... Microsoft sure fukked up. They only focused on power! Power! Power!" I said that the Xbox Series X CPU is more powerful but its ONLY on paper and I AGREE that it will be negligible. between the two. But fact is CPU power will be the real next gen leap and not SSD.

Theoretically, the PS5's CPU is faster. But, that's neither here nor there. The real "next gen leap," as you put it, is in the marriage of Sony's first class SSD and the PS5's 5.5gb/sec IO throughput, which the Xbox Series X is outclassed by. Face facts, breh. The PS5 is the true next-gen system. How many developers have to crow about its power before you relent and admit that Microsoft fukked up?

:mjgrin:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Theoretically, the PS5's CPU is faster. But, that's neither here nor there. The real "next gen leap," as you put it, is in the marriage of Sony's first class SSD and the PS5's 5.5gb/sec IO throughput, which the Xbox Series X is outclassed by. Face facts, breh. The PS5 is the true next-gen system. How many developers have to crow about its power before you relent and admit that Microsoft fukked up?

I don't care about this argument no more its tiring and boring. The Xbox needs to focus on bringing exciting games come July. The PS5 SSD is gonna make the Series X super outdated come next gen. :wow:

Daps
I don't care about this argument no more its tiring and boring. The Xbox needs to focus on bringing exciting games come July. The PS5 SSD is gonna make the Series X super outdated come next gen. :wow:
Look, I think the Xbox Series X is going to blow us away. Both systems are clearly poised to usher in a completely new way of experiencing games. There's no question Microsoft invested a significant amount in making sure that there wasn't a repeat of what occurred with the Xbox One. However, I think there's enough smoke to conclude that the PS5 is something special that a lot of developers are exceedingly impressed by. It's ability to transfer data is a game changer. The quality of life additions to game design are going to be staggering.

:yeshrug:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
And someone correct but iirc the Series X has a larger RAM than the PS5 and can use that as an alternative.
Not necessarily.

Both have 16gb of GDDR6.

Xbox has a split ram setup where 10gb of ram is faster than the ram in ps5 and the rest is slower than the ps5. Mark claims that the SSD in the ps5 is faster than the ram in the ps4 and can be used as extra ram if needed. Both systems should be able to do this, but ps5 has the advantage due to output and SSD speeds.

Its clear that while these systems were built with majority of the same parts, Microsoft and sony had drastically different visions for next gen. I dont think numbers tell the whole story, we'll have to see both consoles in action.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Oh and btw @itsyoung!! I can give you both my PSN and Xbox Live accounts to see which games I recently played on which platform. And which platform I havent played on in MONTHS or Years due to getting sold. I don't give a shyt about shyt about things like this usually but just wanna make you look silly.:yeshrug:
I go by what I see on here not by gamer tags. Most people here arguing on this, arent even really gamers :heh: Courtney basically plays Lets Dance 5 or whatever version they are on but hes the xbox biggest advocate

While Xbox Series X doesn't have the amount of SSD power that the PS5 does it still has a decent amount to do the same thing. And I'm curious about their Xbox Velocity Architecture.
xbox series x SSD is about 55% slower. But its not about speed, its how they SSD was designed. xbox SSD cant hand shake with the gpu to my knowledge, it wasnt designed that way. Thats more than just speed, thats how Sony designed their SSD to work with the GPU, thats unique.

So no, it cant do the same thing.

My point is how does this prove that the Series X won't be able to replicate this same demo? While Xbox Series X has less SSD power than 5 at the end of the day it still has a strong enough GPU to render something similar to that demo. Also correct me but iirc the Series X has more Ram than the 5.

Once again my MAIN argument was against those 2-3 posters claiming the Series X wouldn't be able to do this demo.
ive already been on record saying Microsoft will have to find different ways to enhance their game play performance. They either have something up their sleeve or it will be curtains for the series x on release. xbox spent the good will they had with the 360 on the xbox 1, they have no more good will left with customers I believe. I truly honestly believe if the series x does not perform well it will be Microsoft last entry into the console market.

YES SIR!!!

thought it was very known I was head of PC gang on here :manny: my bad if you aint know

Daps
I go by what I see on here not by gamer tags. Most people here arguing on this, arent even really gamers :heh: Courtney basically plays Lets Dance 5 or whatever version they are on but hes the xbox biggest advocate

xbox series x SSD is about 55% slower. But its not about speed, its how they SSD was designed. xbox SSD cant hand shake with the gpu to my knowledge, it wasnt designed that way. Thats more than just speed, thats how Sony designed their SSD to work with the GPU, thats unique.

ive already been on record saying Microsoft will have to find different ways to enhance their game play performance. They either have something up their sleeve or it will be curtains for the series x on release. xbox spent the good will they had with the 360 on the xbox 1, they have no more good will left with customers I believe. I truly honestly believe if the series x does not perform well it will be Microsoft last entry into the console market.

thought it was very known I was head of PC gang on here :manny: my bad if you aint know
I agree. I think Microsoft was shortsighted and focused on visuals rather than performance and other, more nuanced aspects of game design when fashioning their next-gen system. I believe we are going to see clear differences in how these games are experienced when assessing the respective libraries of the PS5 and Xbox Series X. A game on Xbox Series X may look a little shinier, but brehs playing games on the PS5 will notice how seamless the worlds are, how effortlessly transitions from levels are, how little loading there is, how far the draw in is, etc. That shyt is where the PS5 will excel at, and I believe that advantage will cement its place as the true next-gen system

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

The series x can utilize its SSD in similar manner as the ps5 but not nearly as fast. It also has 10gb of faster ram designed to work with the GPU.

I dont know how those two setups will stack against each other tho.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Look, I think the Xbox Series X is going to blow us away. Both systems are clearly poised to usher in a completely new way of experiencing games. There's no question Microsoft invested a significant amount in making sure that there wasn't a repeat of what occurred with the Xbox One. However, I think there's enough smoke to conclude that the PS5 is something special that a lot of developers are exceedingly impressed by. It's ability to transfer data is a game changer. The quality of life additions to game design are going to be staggering.

Not necessarily.

Both have 16gb of GDDR6.

Xbox has a split ram setup where 10gb of ram is faster than the ram in ps5 and the rest is slower than the ps5. Mark claims that the SSD in the ps5 is faster than the ram in the ps4 and can be used as extra ram if needed. Both systems should be able to do this, but ps5 has the advantage due to output and SSD speeds.

Its clear that while these systems were built with majority of the same parts, Microsoft and sony had drastically different visions for next gen. I dont think numbers tell the whole story, we'll have to see both consoles in action.
I'm just interested to see what the new tech brings us. All I was tryna say was that both consoles have their advantages and disadvantages. If the PS5 is true next gen more so than the Series X then it is what it is. :yeshrug: But right now I personally disagree and want to see how it all plays out next gen. If I'm wrong I'm wrong.:yeshrug:

:laff::laff::laff::laff:

I been playing Spiderman, Horizon Zero Dawn, Fallout 4 and GOW a lot these past few days. :yeshrug: @Fatboi1 not to keep tagging him can vouch for me. We talk a lot on discord. Yes, Xbox does interest me but Xbox One this gen sucked complete ass and I sold my one for extra cash(cash I did not even need) for my Colombia trip lol. :yeshrug: And if I was a typical Xbot I would be shytting on the PS5 and PS stans like Courtdog does.

The Series X SSD does the same thing.

I think the Series X makes up for this in GPU and RAM power. Correct me. Anyways...

Xbox Velocity Architecture may sound complicated to the everyday gamer, but best understood when broken into just a few fundamental components. Microsoft describes the technology as the culmination of four crucial modules, featuring two custom hardware components inside Xbox Series X, with software to complement.

Microsoft's new custom SSD storage is central to Velocity Architecture on Xbox Series X, adopting an in-house NVMe solution, delivering unseen speeds in past generations. That provides 2.4 GB/s raw I/O throughput — or 4.8 GB/s compressed, enabled by a custom decompression block. Compared to the 120MB/s offered by Xbox One X, quick maths reveals up to 40 times increases could be a reality.

The hardware decompression block plays a vital role, allowing games to consume less space via compression on the SSD. That hardware is devoted to tackling run-time decompression, keeping games running smoothly without giving more work to the CPU. It uses Zlib, a general-purpose data-compression library, and a mysterious new system named "BCPack," geared to GPU textures.

We also have DirectStorage, building upon DirectX, and aimed at further reducing CPU workloads. The new Microsoft-built API seeks to optimize the efficiency of Xbox Series X asset streaming, with plans to expand to Windows devices moving forward. That couples with Sampler Feedback Streaming (SFS), streamlining GPU usage and loading only portions of textures demanded by a setting. Both provide software solutions that enhance the efficiency of games on Xbox Series X, taking full advantage of CPU and GPU gains.
"The CPU is the brain of our new console, and the GPU is the heart, but the Xbox Velocity Architecture is the soul," stated Andrew Goossen, Technical Fellow on Xbox Series X at Microsoft via Xbox Wire. "The Xbox Velocity Architecture is about so much more than fast last times. It's one of the most innovative parts of our new console. It's about revolutionizing how games can create vastly bigger, more compelling worlds."

Microsoft provides examples of games in those categories, including Final Fantasy XV, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and Red Dead Redemption 2. Such titles were notorious for lengthy initial loading screens, sometimes taking minutes to get started. And for games that mask loading by slowing players, whether elevators or hallways, Xbox Series X may provide additional creative freedom to avoid those limitations.
Xbox Series X Velocity Architecture explained

And the Series X also has something called DirectStorage which we forgot to mention. So again the Series X in a way does the same thing as the PS5 SSD. But obviously the PS5 is faster.

The Xbox One was profitable for Microsoft. They obviously sold less than PS4 but they made decent profit from it. They should be good.

I will know better next time. :wow:

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The Xbox One was profitable for Microsoft. They obviously sold less than PS4 but they made decent profit from it. They should be good.

yeah but Microsoft is known for cutting ties with stuff even if its profitable if its too much of a head ache for them I guess.

Between xbox live servers, manufacturing, etc the amount of money they make from it might now be worth it to them even if profitable. Sounds weird to people like me and you that would accept most profit from most things but Microsoft in its own league when it comes to this money shyt

it took them like 4-5 years to turn a profit on the 360, as example.

im not saying id agree with it if it happened because the console world needs parity it cant just be sony vs nintendo

xbox counts for less than 10% of Microsoft revenue

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
yeah but Microsoft is known for cutting ties with stuff even if its profitable if its too much of a head ache for them I guess.

Between xbox live servers, manufacturing, etc the amount of money they make from it might now be worth it to them even if profitable. Sounds weird to people like me and you that would accept most profit from most things but Microsoft in its own league when it comes to this money shyt

it took them like 4-5 years to turn a profit on the 360, as example.

xbox counts for less than 10% of Microsoft revenue
Microsoft seems to be doing subscription based services like gamepass to make up for those type of losses. They seem to be going for a Xbox ecosystem like thing. You don't invest in a bunch of first party studios if you are planning on leaving the console race. Plus their games on the PC also. More importantly they see themselves as competing with Google(stadia) and Amazon and so they want to beat them to the punch. Their actions seem long term. I just hope both PS5(I know it will) and Xbox does well next gen.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
These conversations are entertaining because most of you think a bigger number on a spec sheet automatically means better.

Sony's technology isn't just a NVMe SSD, it mainly refers to the bus technology that carries data between all processing units (SSD, CPU, GPU, etc.) in the console. The PS5 is using a custom engineered bus architecture that has not been used in consoles and is currently not apart of any PC motherboard chipsets.

Hard drives have been a bottleneck in server class as well as desktop systems even with the introduction of NVMe technology. RAM and CPU is still faster meaning everything has to slow down to the lowest common denominator.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why do you keep ignoring the entire focus of the demo, which is that the geometrical burden once carried by systems will be significantly lightened thanks to how this engine generates environments? All of this "barren world, no phyisics, AI" claptrap is a deflection that doesn't give credit where it's due. The point, as was stated in this very video, is to give developers the opportunity to create massive and intricately detailed environments without worrying about how resources would be allocated for physics and AI.

:mjlol:
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Performance ain’t free, otherwise you wouldn’t even need a PS5 for the unreal demo. No such thing as “not worrying about how resources will be allocated”

That’s absolutely nonsense.

No. The CPU is slower. Xbox will outperform PS5 on every level. It’s clear you don’t even understand how any of this works and you are just throwing out buzzwords you heard Sony say
Not necessarily.

Both have 16gb of GDDR6.

no they didn’t.

The shyts are literally the same. Sony just got a faster drive. Microsoft just got a faster everything else, but the design philosophy is the exact same.

Y’all fall for this marketing nonsense every time :snoop: