Sony introduces the world to Next Gen

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
The SSD truly shined once the chick in the demo started flying. Its been said countless time in video analysis.
The xbox series x can do that as well ,but they would have to lower the texture or the number of assets on display due to their
SSD only being able to 4.8 GB compressed while the ps5 can do 9 GB.

Edit: I timed this video that mentions this as well

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Who is they ? And where have they said it multiple times ...

I also find it funny you Larry’s are saying that these consoles will be close but a month ago the Series X was so far ahead of the ps5 the difference would be night and day

I predict another gen of MeachTheTornado ... spinning any and every L to avoid Xbox being seen in a negative light.

Pathetic.
It’s been posted in this thread multiple times now.

Crazy y’all think you know something but don’t even take the time to read :francis:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The SSD truly shined once the chick in the demo started flying. Its been said countless time in video analysis.
The xbox series x can do that as well ,but they would have to lower the texture or the number of assets on display due to their
SSD only being able to 4.8 GB compressed while the ps5 can do 9 GB.

Edit: I timed this video that mentions this as well

No.

it’s been said by epic multiple times now that what you are saying is not true at all.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
you mean something that links to a Chinese page ? I thought you said multiple sources and multiple times ...

Please compile everything you have found stating that and place in your next post .... ok good brother ?
:king:
That was one of them.

This was also posted earlier in the thread
Tim Sweeney said:
you should still get "awesome performance" with an NVMe SSD, which I'm using

As was this

Like I said, all you gotta do is read:manny:

Daps
No, it wasn’t.

They’ve said multiple times now storage speed was not much a factor in this demo.
From everything I've read, Epic made that tech demo with the PS5's unique architecture in mind
Of course UE5 can run on the Series X but Sony are smart for setting this up in a way that
people are asking questions about how differently this would run the the Series X, especially the
last flying sequence
Most likely both systems are close graphically with each having their own strengths and weaknesses due to architecture
Like I said it will be interesting what and how much a difference the fast access structure of the PS5 will make in the long run, especially when it comes to exclusives