Sony introduces the world to Next Gen

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
these new upscaling methods for games used such as DLSS 2.0 make games that aren't rendered natively in 4K look just like it freeing up so much resources. People need to let go of native resolutions as a metric for what's next gen. More people were shocked and wowed by this Unreal Engine demo than native 4K "gameplay" shown .

Control for example with DLSS 2.0 can render internally at 1440P and look indistinguishable from native 4K.

Side-By-Side-1-scaled.jpg

Native 4K vs DLSS 2.0(new upscaling method)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:russell: Sure you do. "scripted, no ai" :yawn: You say the same shyt every time.

There's MORE STUFF/MOVING PARTS on screen in Red Dead Redemption 2 or Cyberpunk 2077 than Ryse Son of Rome. All those games are on the same platform.

Oh and the BEST argument of all time since I KNOW you won't admit I'm right.

Driveclub. Yes, the beloved DRIVECLUB for PS4. Remember it's resolution/Framerate? 1080P30fps. CLOSED circuit racer.

Forza Horizon 3... Xbox One. OPEN WORLD, 1080P/30fps. You ARGUED with me forever downplaying Driveclub and saying it's closed and limited/corridor. Forza Horizon 3 you PROPPED up for a long time and it's MORE STUFF/MOVING PARTS on screen and runs at 1080P/30fps. How'd they do that? See this is why you should stop with the conjecture about how game development works.

Go ahead and say Forza Horizon 3 for Xbox One is turned down/limited compared to Driveclub. I DARE YOU.
You WOULD NEVER say it's less impressive than Driveclub. So stop talking to me :mjlol:

Conversation over.
Forza horizon 3 does much less graphically than Driveclub.

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
well then give me a short 8 hour masterpiece, i just need to play something that looks this good i dont give a damn about padded length :wow: :damn:
Cyberpunk 2077 will be the length and replayability king regardless, and it wont look that good.

But I wont accept an 8 hour campaign for any single player game next gen. Hell no

Daps
Game looks great, but it will look and perform BETTER on the Next Gen Xbox

:umad:
I want to see how this works out in a few years, especially with this SSD thing
It could be overblown hype or it could be a difference maker time will tell
Maybe the difference will be negligible with both systems producing equally beautiful games
I'm buying both systems either way :yeshrug:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah, you're clearly just lying to save skin. I'm tired of going back and forth. You NEVER really are truthful and are clearly just juezling your way into an argument. Cats wanna hear what they wanna hear.
I’m not lying. It’s verifiable fact that driveclub spent more of its budget on graphics.

Hell, lots of the graphical techniques used in driveclub still aren’t being matched by the majority of games today

Deus

I'm the REAL Zucotti Manicotti
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kingsbridge
No. Epic already said this will work on current PC hardware.

It was demoed on PS5 for marketing reasons only.

Of course Unreal 5 will come out for all systems. Epic would be stupid not too, but it won't work as well. Did you not read that Tim Sweeny quote?

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Of course Unreal 5 will come out for all systems. Epic would be stupid not too, but it won't work as well. Did you not read that Tim Sweeny quote?
The Tim Sweeney quote was more marketing than anything.

As far as the technicals of this demo are concerned

“you should still get "awesome performance" with an NVMe SSD, ”

SoSoSlick

Still gettin it!
Daps
Reppin
PG County
How are published specs marketing?

:stopitslime:.
Believing that a SSD will allow for better looking games over a faster GPU/CPU. Believing what a paid mouthpiece says over using basic logic. Dont let marketing warp logic and what history says.
In general and in practice a better GPU/CPU combo always leads to better graphics overall. Its been that way since Atari 2600. That aint gonna change breh.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Believing that a SSD will allow for better looking games over a faster GPU/CPU. Believing what a paid mouthpiece says over using basic logic. Dont let marketing warp logic and what history says.
In general and in practice a better GPU/CPU combo always leads to better graphics overall. Its been that way since Atari 2600. That aint gonna change breh.
Yup.

What epic said is needed to run this demo first and foremost is “a very large number of teraflops”