Sony introduces the world to Next Gen

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This was already running at well below 4K and at 30fps with lots of it being canned animations and on rails. There’s no enemies, A.I. Physics, etc.

In order to make this into a game lots of what’s there needs to be turned down.

This is a tech demo, to show the possibilities of the engine.

It was not a target to show what full games will look like using the technology.

This already running at such low spec, how are games gonna “easily surpass” it when they actually have to be games?
How do you know this? You truly believe this tech demo can't be surpassed? Do you know the history of tech demos that have been far surpassed this gen alone?

The UE4 elemental demo that was shown for PS4 had been easily surpassed by MANY games. Running at "low spec"? :mjlol: Completely showing how much you don't know about this shyt.
An actual developer's opinion:
Because this goes back to this board not understanding what flops are or how they're used. flops != graphics, equating "flops" to output resolution has always been so goofy and nonsensical.

This demo is doing an insane amount of floating point calculations. Not just on the CPU, but also in the GPU through shader work. It's using these calculations for things like raymarching and particle flow physics calculations.

Graphics are more than just the resolution and framerate it's running at. Is Cyberpunk 2077 running at 1080P/30fps low spec compared to say RDR 1 at 4K/30fps? UE4's elemental tech demo has been FAR surpassed this gen like are you even hearing yourself?

UE4

Games that FAR surpassed it.
6qszGFR.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif

Control-paper1.gif

EK60zUp.gif

but nah tech demos reign supreme over every game. :troll:

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How do you know this? You truly believe this tech demo can't be surpassed? Do you know the history of tech demos that have been far surpassed this gen alone?
Didn’t say it can’t be surpassed. I’m talking about with PS5 power.

It’s simple math. What’s in that tech demo uses pretty much all the power PS5 has.

Where are they gonna get the extra power needed to turn it into an actual game?

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm still waiting on the Infiltrator demo to be surpassed in a game:unimpressed:

unreal_engine_4pexnw.jpg

Where is this shyt at?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Didn’t say it can’t be surpassed. I’m talking about with PS5 power.

It’s simple math. What’s in that tech demo uses pretty much all the power PS5 has.

Where are they gonna get the extra power needed to turn it into an actual game?
:mindblown: Why do you continue to pretend you somehow have a grasp for how developers make games? I'm willing to bet 95% of the posters here don't either so why ask me where they gonna get all the power to make a game? Does it matter? Did we need to find out how Rockstar got RDR2 looking so good on PS4 even though "Watch Dogs" was downgraded?

You discussing this in bad faith because I KNOW you wouldn't question this if it was show on XSX first. I'm done here you argue in bad faith WAY too much.

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why does Lara Croft have detective vision:hhh:

hilarious...I just tried to play rise of the tomb raider for the 2nd time in 4 years and bailed on it again...that shyt makes the game too easy...wonder if I can turn it off

*edit*

ok I can...maybe I should try playing it again w/ the survival instinct shyt off

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:mindblown: Why do you continue to pretend you somehow have a grasp for how developers make games? I'm willing to bet 95% of the posters here don't either so why ask me where they gonna get all the power to make a game?
I actually do know a great deal about software development. Not games, but enough to apply my knowledge to general concepts. And this one isn’t even that hard to grasp.

More stuff on screen/more moving parts= you need more power.

If this highly scripted demo is running at 2k 30fps. Then there isn’t much power left over. If you want to add an actual game to this demo somethings gotta be turned down/off

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I actually do know a great deal about software development. Not games, but enough to apply my knowledge to general concepts. And this one isn’t even that hard to grasp.

More stuff on screen/more moving parts= you need more power.

If this high scripted demo is running at 2k 30fps. Then there isn’t much power left over. If you want to add an actual game to this demo somethings gotta be turned down/off
:russell: Sure you do. "scripted, no ai" :yawn: You say the same shyt every time.

There's MORE STUFF/MOVING PARTS on screen in Red Dead Redemption 2 or Cyberpunk 2077 than Ryse Son of Rome. All those games are on the same platform.

Oh and the BEST argument of all time since I KNOW you won't admit I'm right.

Driveclub. Yes, the beloved DRIVECLUB for PS4. Remember it's resolution/Framerate? 1080P30fps. CLOSED circuit racer.

Forza Horizon 3... Xbox One. OPEN WORLD, 1080P/30fps. You ARGUED with me forever downplaying Driveclub and saying it's closed and limited/corridor. Forza Horizon 3 you PROPPED up for a long time and it's MORE STUFF/MOVING PARTS on screen and runs at 1080P/30fps. How'd they do that? See this is why you should stop with the conjecture about how game development works.

Go ahead and say Forza Horizon 3 for Xbox One is turned down/limited compared to Driveclub. I DARE YOU.
You WOULD NEVER say it's less impressive than Driveclub. So stop talking to me :mjlol:

Conversation over.

Last edited:

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It took at least 24 people 6 months to make that demo. For all the talk of time saved by importing the raw files, 6 months for that small slice just means if somebody tries to make a 30 hour game with that fidelity we not playing that shyt until 2029.:beli:

I be trying to tell ya'll nikkas breh

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:russell: Sure you do.

There's MORE STUFF/MOVING PARTS on screen in Red Dead Redemption 2 or Cyberpunk 2077 than Ryse Son of Rome. All those games are on the same platform.

Conversation over.
Neither of them have the level of detail that Ryse has. You are only proving my point here.

In order for Ryse to have the graphics it did, it pretty much had to strip out everything that made it a game, same with The Order.

Both still hold up as some of the best looking games ever on consoles, but they were ultimately just tech demos.

Other games have used varying levels of the tech in those games in order to actually be able to be games.

Which is why I keep saying RDR2 and Cyberpunk on PC are good examples of “next gen” games.

As they almost match the level of detail in something like Ryse or the Order, but they also exceed the density of “stuff on screen” that other good looking games have.
And you know this how breh. You just saying shyt to say it :mjlol:
I explained it. Simple math.

More stuff=More power needed.