Sony introduces the world to Next Gen

Daps
PS5 is going to be the biggest leap in not just graphics, but game development we've seen since the introduction of the PS2. Microsoft bet it all on Teraflops, foolishly thinking that the PS5's marginal deficiency in that area would make it less appealing to consumers. Sony, instead, bet it on reimagining how we experience games, focusing on quality of life improvements - speed, access, seamless integration of design components - that would make the experience much more revolutionary. The SSD and IO speed of the PS5 >>>>> Xbox Series X teraflops, and everyone - developers and consumers - is beginning to see it. I told people a while ago that Microsoft fukked up by focusing on a derivative bump in graphics processing. It was a shortsighted focus that ignored the market's desire for a disruptive shift in the technology. Prettier graphics, which this demo easily shows the PS5's ability to produce, aren't enough. The access speeds of the PS5 is blowing away developers, and it's going to have the same effect on consumers when they play the games designed around its technology.

Game Pass is the only way Microsoft will stay relevant. And, to be fair, I fukk with it. I'm close to copping a Xbox 1 X to take advantage of the games on Game Pass, which I find superior to PSNow, despite not having a subscription. But, as far as consoles go, PS5 is going to put the final nail in Microsoft's effort to overtake Sony on the console front. Expect Nintendo to follow Sony's lead and focus on access speed over graphics.

:francis:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
PS5 is going to be the biggest leap in not just graphics, but game development we've seen since the introduction of the PS2. Microsoft bet it all on Teraflops, foolishly thinking that the PS5's marginal deficiency in that area would make it less appealing to consumers. Sony, instead, bet it on reimagining how we experience games, focusing on quality of life improvements - speed, access, seamless integration of design components - that would make the experience much more revolutionary. The SSD and IO speed of the PS5 >>>>> Xbox Series X teraflops, and everyone - developers and consumers - is beginning to see it. I told people a while ago that Microsoft fukked up by focusing on a derivative bump in graphics processing. It was a shortsighted focus that ignored the market's desire for a disruptive shift in the technology. Prettier graphics, which this demo easily shows the PS5's ability to produce, aren't enough. The access speeds of the PS5 is blowing away developers, and it's going to have the same effect on consumers when they play the games designed around its technology.

Game Pass is the only way Microsoft will stay relevant. And, to be fair, I fukk with it. I'm close to copping a Xbox 1 X to take advantage of the games on Game Pass, which I find superior to PSNow, despite not having a subscription. But, as far as consoles go, PS5 is going to put the final nail in Microsoft's effort to overtake Sony on the console front. Expect Nintendo to follow Sony's lead and focus on access speed over graphics.

Epic already said this demo don’t need the SSD.

Get off Sony’s marketing balls.

Daps
Sony keeping their foot on Microsoft’s neck straight to next gen :russ:

Microsoft mistakenly thought a negligible advantage in visuals was what mattered, gambling their resources on prettier graphics and ignoring the other elements to design that matter to the gamer's experience. Xbox Series X will probably have prettier games than the PS5, but consumers won't care, when they read reviews about how seamlessly crafted the worlds in PS5 games are, how fast the loading times for PS5 games are, and how interactive and context sensitive exclusive PS5 games are when compared to their Xbox Series counterparts. Those quality of life improvements, all bolstered by the PS5's unprecedented access speed, make it the true next-gen system.

Microsoft fukked up.

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
49893336642_f1883dd584_h.jpg
My opinion:

consoles should aim to run multiplayer games 1440p 60 fps (halo, gears, call of duty etc)

and single player games 4k with locked 30 fps (uncharted, last of us, etc) instead of checkerboard 4k with inconsistent 60 fps (my understanding is some games dip down to 45-50 fps when more particles on screen)

having a locked, smooth 30 fps is better than having a choppy 60 fps, if that makes sense. On single player games like tomb raider and uncharted I doubt anyone would care its 30 fps as long as it was beautiful looking and not choppy.

aiming for 4k 60 fps on almost all games is basically like hopping in your car and trying to push your engine to max speed just driving to the grocery store. Can your car do it? Sure. Would put a lot of stress on your car though. Its ok to drive the speed limit.

Would make the games beautiful and smooth. Amd 3700x comparable processor and nvidia 2070 gtx comparable gpu in these systems should accomplish both feats easily and then devs could focus on game play little more instead of allocating so much resources for a slight fps or resolution boost.

i JUST posted this in the SSD thread :wow: and then read that :wow: im a god :wow:

Daps
Where did he say that? He UE5 will work on both consoles.

UE5 will work on the Switch. The systems it's compatible with doesn't speak to how well each will implement its strengths.

Anyway, while he may not come out and say the PS5 is more impressive, that's basically what he and other developers are saying. It's becoming clear as day that Microsoft fukked up. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Sweeney is hardly the only developer singing the praises of the PS5. Too many of them are saying it is a game changer for us to ignore.

Epic CEO Tim Sweeney says the PS5 is so impressive it’s ‘going to help drive future PCs’

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
UE5 will work on the Switch.

Anyway, while he may not come out and say the PS5 is more impressive, that's basically what he and other developers are saying. It's becoming clear as day that Microsoft fukked up.

Epic CEO Tim Sweeney says the PS5 is so impressive it’s ‘going to help drive future PCs’
How did Microsoft "fukked up"? Tim Sweeney was paid by Sony to market the PS5 plus the same Sweeney who has a dislike for MS and has said ridiculous stuff in the past. Sony's SSD is very impressive but the Series X also has SSD. As for Sony's SSD being faster than high end PC's I'll wait and see that first hand. Anyways, how did MS "fukk up" when their CPU and GPU is much stronger? The CPU which is very important for gaming. Only thing big Sweeney says is that Sony's SSD is really fast which we already knew.

Also this demo was in 30fps and not even 4k.

Edit:
This is no different than MS using Digital Foundry or Austin Evans.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Tim Sweeny already said the PS5 is more technically impressive than the Xbox Series X. Get a job and maybe you can afford both systems.

:mjlol:
Nah, that ain’t what he said, but beyond that it’s all marketing anyway.

AMD themselves said

“Xbox Series X is going to be a beacon of technical innovation leadership for this console generation ”

So, there’s plenty of marketing praise to go around.

Daps
How did Microsoft "fukked up"? Tim Sweeney was paid by Sony to market the PS5 plus the same Sweeney who has a dislike for MS and has said ridiculous stuff in the past. Sony's SSD is very impressive but the Series X also has SSD. As for Sony's SSD being faster than high end PC's I'll wait and see that first hand. Anyways, how did MS "fukk up" when their CPU and GPU is much stronger? The CPU which is very important for gaming. Only thing big Sweeney says is that Sony's SSD is really fast which we already knew.

Also this demo was in 30fps and not even 4k.

Sweeney isn't the only developer singing the praises of the PS5 and saying it's more technically impressive than the Xbox Series X. Like I said, where there's smoke there's fire. It is clear that Microsoft gambled on teraflops and fukked up. The PS5's visuals are going to be amazing. That's never been in dispute. But, we also know, thanks to Sony's own information and word from those developing for their system, that the access speed on the PS5 is unprecedented and will lend to a entire new concept of game design. The CPU and GPU of the Xbox Series X is negligibly better than the PS5's, and the access speed of the PS5 renders that marginal difference moot.

Who cares if the demo was 30fps and not 4k. It still looked amazing. Look at the reactions across the web. Microsoft fukked up.