Sony introduces the world to Next Gen

Uno Venova

Your honor, I was merely capping.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This is all fine but it don’t have anything to do with what you said about messaging.

Microsoft has shown off and communicated much more than Sony has in regards to next gen.
This is such an odd metric to care about, they have different timelines, they still have vastly different public reception.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is such an odd metric to care about, they have different timelines, they still have vastly different public reception.
I didn’t much say I cared. The poster I quoted was talking about how forthcoming Sony was with info while Microsoft was being quiet.

Don’t really matter to me.

The consoles will release and both will have very impressive games :manny:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Microsoft made the mistake of thinking games are games and people wanted to see stuff that they'll actually be playing on their new consoles this holiday. What they really wanted was more target render nonsense they can hype for the next year plus and then shyt on for not being 100% representative of what they'll actually get.:yeshrug:
People just want something shiny and pretty to look at :yeshrug: doesn't matter what console they do or don't play on. I mean think about it, what gameplay systems did this tech demo show off? Running, jumping, climbing, contextual button pressing. Nothing new was brought to the table, but at least it looked pretty right :lupe:? Good graphics does not equal good games y'all :skip:.

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise

And I conceded the point that I miscommunicated Sony releasing info when Microsoft has done more up to this point in time.

Sony's shyt hitting harder tho!!!

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Unreal Engine 5 tech demo uses 'film-quality' assets, runs on today's hardware | PC Gamer

"A number of different components are required to render at this level of detail," says Sweeney. "One is GPU performance and GPU architecture to draw an incredible amount of geometry. You're talking about a very large number of teraflops being required for this. The other is the ability to load and stream it efficiently."

Would this demo run on my PC with a RTX 2070 Super? Yes, according to Libreri, and I should get "pretty good" performance. For comparison, the PlayStation 5 GPU the demo video was captured on achieves 10.28 teraflops, while the RTX 2070 Super hits just over 9 teraflops. (Note that teraflops are not everything.)

Regarding loading and streaming, though, Sweeney says that the PlayStation 5's SSD architecture is "god-tier" and "pretty far ahead of PCs," but that you should still get "awesome performance" with an NVMe SSD, which I'm using. One thing is for sure: If you haven't already, it's time to ditch HDDs, which Sweeney doesn't expect anyone to load games from in the near future.

"One of the big efforts that's been done and is ongoing in Unreal Engine 5 is optimizing for next-generation storage to make loading faster by multiples of current performance," he said. "Not just a little bit faster, but a lot faster, so that you can bring in this geometry and display it despite it not all fitting in memory."

Sweeney seemed surprised when I said that I had been loading some of my games from an HDD until recently. I took my sweet time upgrading to an SSD-only system, but I'm sure I'm not the only one—if you're still not fully switched over, be prepared to become obsolete over the next few years. It was bound to happen eventually.

Also shown off in the tech demo: New lighting tech called Lumen, a neat particle system that can mimic the behavior of bat swarms and roaches, the Chaos physics system, and ambisonics rendering (360 degree surround sound). All of this will play nice with Nvidia's RTX ray tracing, I'm told, though there are no specific details on that or what kind of performance Nvidia's DLSS can potentially bring to UE5 games.
:ehh:

It'll be interesting to see just how much a real world difference the PS5 SSD is. It should be a substantial jump over HDD easily but even NVMe SSD gets diminishing returns over SATA.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
ps5, all right cool, but everybody uses unreal...

demo is crazy tho. a self-aware particle engine is the craziest shyt i never knew i wanted. cant wait to see it in the next inFamous

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yyyyyyyeeeesssssssssssss knew ps5 wouldnt disappoint. This is only the beginning.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They said this was at 4K/30fps with NO ray tracing.

Wtf how much difference would ray tracing make? This looks insane already!
uGCw6Bx.jpg

This is on UE4 and that's with a GPU that's far superior to what's in the consoles.

People thinking we're going to get full RT + 4k on consoles with the visuals seen in that UE5 demo should be prepared to be disappointed. That's costly and AMDs solution isn't as good as Nvidias.

The Ghostrunner demo is beautiful - and ray tracing adds to the spectacle

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
What's this circle jerk in here about? This engine isn't PS5 exclusive :dahell:

Series X and high end PCs will look just as good, probably better actually

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
When she started paragliding and running through the mountains I was like::blessed::whoo::krs::ooh: That shyt looks fire!!!

Next gen games gonna be crazy...:banderas: .....for SONY...:umad: Xbox came out the gate and still fukked up...:mjlol::laff::deadrose: now I just need a line up of all the new Sony games coming out...:ahh:

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It took at least 24 people 6 months to make that demo. For all the talk of time saved by importing the raw files, 6 months for that small slice just means if somebody tries to make a 30 hour game with that fidelity we not playing that shyt until 2029.:beli:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It took at least 24 people 6 months to make that demo. For all the talk of time saved by importing the raw files, 6 months for that small slice just means if somebody tries to make a 30 hour game with that fidelity we not playing that shyt until 2029.:beli:
Big AAA games aren't only made by 24 people though. A proper AAA game made in 2~3 years by a team of several hundred people is more like it.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What's this circle jerk in here about this engine isn't PS5 exclusive :dahell:

Series X and high end PCs will look just as good, probably better actually
It's just people reacting to this video crushing the weird belief that the PS5 was severely weak and wouldn't be capable of impressive visuals. The gap between the two consoles isn't as wide as some people want/believe.