Sony introduces the world to Next Gen

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
It was very impressive but keeping expectations in check

Their own words in that you won’t start seeing this type of shyt til prolly late 2021 at best. Don’t go in thinking you finna buy this type of game in November.

Digital foundry saying this was 1440p and 30fps

Eye candy is good but this tells me developers are about to once again choose eye candy over 60fps...again

:francis:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Let me rephrase that.... They are being honest through their partners, in this case Epic Games, about in-engine tech demos... vs cinematic trailers.

That was the info to which I was referring.
Microsoft has shown. In engine tech demos. Actual Gameplay from, actual games, cinematic trailers and everything in between.

Sony has literally shown nothing. They have not even shown the box.

This is an epic games demo about their engine. They just used PS5 as the hardware to demo it on.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It was very impressive but keeping expectations in check

Their own words in that you won’t start seeing this type of shyt til prolly late 2021 at best. Don’t go in thinking you finna buy this type of game in November.

Digital foundry saying this was 1440p and 30fps

Eye candy is good but this tells me developers are about to once again choose eye candy over 60fps...again

:francis:
Didn't even catch this part. :patrice:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Didn't even catch this part. :patrice:
Still looked more impressive than 4K/60fps cross gen games shown recently. This obsession with resolution and frame rate on consoles is ridiculous. I have a PC for that. Some games will probably hit 4K60fps but look worse and some games will be mind-blowing but run at 30fps. I bet had Assassin's Creed looked like this at 4K30fps nobody would be complaining.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
With no physics. No A.I. Canned animations, no enemies, no environmental interaction, and the list goes on.

This is a tech demo
I think they were doing some physics in there, but sure, at the end of the day it was a pretty focused tech demo. It looks good, just like AC does :skip: , but now I want to see it applied to more than a 5 or 6 minute level.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Still looked more impressive than 4K/60fps cross gen games shown recently. This obsession with resolution and frame rate on consoles is ridiculous. I have a PC for that.
Nah. Barren world. No physics, A.I. Ect.

To actually make this into a game, lots of what you see is gonna have to be lowered.

Cyberpunk has similar graphical fidelity, plus an actual game to go with it.

Don’t know how y’all claim this is more impressive than Something like cyberpunk.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think they were doing some physics in there, but sure, at the end of the day it was a pretty focused tech demo. It looks good, just like AC does :skip: , but now I want to see it applied to more than a 5 or 6 minute level.
It was all ultra scripted in a way a real game could never be.

Was more a cutscene than gameplay.

People falling for the okie-doke again :francis:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Microsoft has shown. In engine tech demos. Actual Gameplay from, actual games, cinematic trailers and everything in between.

Sony has literally shown nothing. They have not even shown the box.

This is an epic games demo about their engine. They just used PS5 as the hardware to demo it on.

I don't have a dog in this fight... I actually want Microsoft to be successful, but they've lost ground now. This was a calculated move coordinated by Sony & Epic to release this tech demo.

Microsoft has more to prove because Sony is gonna do numbers regardless because of their PROVEN AAA titles and in-house gaming development studios. They've earned that right.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Still looked more impressive than 4K/60fps cross gen games shown recently. This obsession with resolution and frame rate on consoles is ridiculous. I have a PC for that. Some games will probably hit 4K60fps but look worse and some games will be mind-blowing but run at 30fps. I bet had Assassin's Creed looked like this at 4K30fps nobody would be complaining.
To be fair, we don't really know what the next AC would look like from a tech demo perspective though.

But I agree. Which is why you won't find me playing anything at 4K but on consoles. Waste of GPU power :camby:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah. Barren world. No physics, A.I. Ect.

To actually make this into a game, lots of what you see is gonna have to be lowered.

Cyberpunk has similar graphical fidelity, plus an actual game to go with it.

Don’t know how y’all claim this is more impressive than Something like cyberpunk.
Sure, it looks on par with Cyberpunk. Actually doesn't look more impressive than Tomb Raider 2013. :troll:

Cyberpunk on PS4/Xbox 1 looks on par with this next gen showpiece. Not Cyberpunk 2077 running on a high end PC with technology unsupported by current gen consoles :troll:

Last edited:

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Microsoft made the mistake of thinking games are games and people wanted to see stuff that they'll actually be playing on their new consoles this holiday. What they really wanted was more target render nonsense they can hype for the next year plus and then shyt on for not being 100% representative of what they'll actually get.:yeshrug:

Uno Venova

Your honor, I was merely capping.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Meach out here playing innocent on some
giphy.gif
son I'm WEAK

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don't have a dog in this fight... I actually want Microsoft to be successful, but they've lost ground now. This was a calculated move coordinated by Sony & Epic to release this tech demo.

Microsoft has more to prove because Sony is gonna do numbers regardless because of their PROVEN AAA titles and in-house gaming development studios. They've earned that right.
This is all fine but it don’t have anything to do with what you said about messaging.

Microsoft has shown off and communicated much more than Sony has in regards to next gen.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

100% cold hearted truth that some dudes can't seem to undersand. :francis: