Sony & Disney’s Marvel Team On Third ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Title

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
1. We’re 100% getting Tom Holland Spider-Man/Venom/carnage/Morbius crossovers

2. Feige himself said before all the drama that SM3 would be a Spider-Man movie based in the MCU, but with no Stark/avenger crutch, so all those people cheering that it was good sony took him back so they can now get a real Spider-Man movie looked dumb, because they were getting that already but with actual good writing from Feige & Marvel
1. Dope
2. I don't pay attention to all that comic book movie industry talk anymore, honestly. I love Tom Halland's performance, but it's a smack in the face to Marvel's most popular character to have his origins be Ironman's Robin Sony's two incarnations of the character, no matter how flawed the movies themselves were, made the character an autonomous, self made hero. I'd have preferred Marvel keep him on the back burner, and introduce him on his own, after the Infinity Saga. A lot of what makes the character great has been lost through his first two, albeit enjoyable, movies. I just finally watched Far From Home yesterday and the suit he presumably goes into SM3 with is still produced by Stark:mjlol:I could understand Black Panther being introduced in Civil War because he's no where near as iconic, but Spider-Man?:mjtf:This next one is going to have to be epic for the character to make up for it.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eddie loses the suit, it get's attracted to and ends up bonding with Spider-man until he decides to shake it off (shout to the Bell tower easter egg in FFH) and it comes crawling back to Eddie with a jealous vendetta, cept it has the Spider symbol now.

That would be fukking perfect, these nikkas need to pay me lol, let Sony have producers credits on those, but keep Feige in the mix to maintain continuity so that it can count toward their rights, while they have them.

:youngsabo:

source.gif

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. Dope
2. I don't pay attention to all that comic book movie industry talk anymore, honestly. I love Tom Halland's performance, but it's a smack in the face to Marvel's most popular character to have his origins be Ironman's Robin Sony's two incarnations of the character, no matter how flawed the movies themselves were, made the character an autonomous, self made hero. I'd have preferred Marvel keep him on the back burner, and introduce him on his own, after the Infinity Saga. A lot of what makes the character great has been lost through his first two, albeit enjoyable, movies. I just finally watched Far From Home yesterday and the suit he presumably goes into SM3 with is still produced by Stark:mjlol:I could understand Black Panther being introduced in Civil War because he's no where near as iconic, but Spider-Man?:mjtf:This next one is going to have to be epic for the character to make up for it.
I feel you, but, there was a whole story of him being Spider-Man before he even met Stark, not a great point since we still didn’t see that, but still...he was still a self made neighbourhood hero before Stark brought him in

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
1. Dope

100% agreed. It’s insane o think they fukkkng turned Spider-Man into Irons man flunky. Insane.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
1. Dope

Marvel couldn't keep him on the back burner because he belongs to Sony. Sony couldn't keep him on the back burner either because they would lose their rights, they gotta drop a Sony produced live action film every 5 years or they lose the rights back to Marvel for free. They were trying to get Andrew Garfield in the MCU but being that it was already a shyt show and Feige was not about to tank his vision for that...they rebooted the character into someone who was already becoming known on Youtube for being Spider-man.

100% agreed. It’s insane o think they fukkkng turned Spider-Man into Irons man flunky. Insane.

Having him integrate through Stark was the ONLY way to bring him into the fold at that point in time and FFH has served as the means to have him shy away from Stark tech, as he is clearly too young, naive and irresponsible to have that kind of technology at his fingertips. And given the events at the end of FFH, Stark industries will have to sever ties with him at least until the truth comes out, that gives him ample time to get back in the lab to make his own tech or even run into the symbiote.

Unless nikkas have/had a better plan on how to bring him into Marvel proper and save the characters reputation beyond "put him on the back burner" this was really the best way to do it...and the natural progression from FHH is for the stakes to become more personal and for Spider-man to become more isolated in the wake of The Avengers being no more, at least for the time being.

I guess they should have just thrown some shyt against the wall and had Andrew Garfield show up in Civil War :mjlol:

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
In the other thread people said Sony didn't need Marvel at all, because they'd get 100% of the profits off their own movies.

Now it's "Sony got a W because Marvel wanted 50%, and they got talked down to 25%."

If Sony doesn't need Marvel like people claim....how the fukk is keeping anything less than 100% a win?

I'm not trying to kick off a stan war in this thread....but I'm legit confused. :dahell:

Fred.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Marvel couldn't keep him on the back burner because he belongs to Sony. Sony couldn't keep him on the back burner either because they would lose their rights, they gotta drop a Sony produced live action film every 5 years or they lose the rights back to Marvel for free. They were trying to get Andrew Garfield in the MCU but being that it was already a shyt show and Feige was not about to tank his vision for that...they rebooted the character into someone who was already becoming known on Youtube for being Spider-man.

Having him integrate through Stark was the ONLY way to bring him into the fold at that point in time and FFH has served as the means to have him shy away from Stark tech, as he is clearly too young, naive and irresponsible to have that kind of technology at his fingertips. And given the events at the end of FFH, Stark industries will have to sever ties with him at least until the truth comes out, that gives him ample time to get back in the lab to make his own tech or even run into the symbiote.

Unless nikkas have/had a better plan on how to bring him into Marvel proper and save the characters reputation beyond "put him on the back burner" this was really the best way to do it...and the natural progression from FHH is for the stakes to become more personal and for Spider-man to become more isolated in the wake of The Avengers being no more, at least for the time being.

I guess they should have just thrown some shyt against the wall and had Andrew Garfield show up in Civil War :mjlol:
Plus, their relationship mirrored that of Tony and Peter's Civil War comic arc the movie was based off of :yeshrug:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
KING Sony being so merciful :wow:

they were tired of letting their nuts hang and decided to give hope to you b*stard fucc nikkas who were about to commit that hara kiri over the split.. they knew you marveL stans were nothing but emotional pussies...

All hail the merciful Sony :blessed:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
In the other thread people said Sony didn't need Marvel at all, because they'd get 100% of the profits off their own movies.

Now it's "Sony got a W because Marvel wanted 50%, and they got talked down to 25%."

If Sony doesn't need Marvel like people claim....how the fukk is keeping anything less than 100% a win?

I'm not trying to kick off a stan war in this thread....but I'm legit confused. :dahell:

Fred.

Now you know better than to bring that logical witchcraft up in TFR. :EtherBurn:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Is the ending for far from home something they can wrap up in the confines of just one movie?

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Exactly, they ranting and raving about comic accuracy like he wasn't holding Tony's pockets in Civil War, you think he looks like a flunky in the movies...:laugh:

i mean, pete didnt take the suit because he idolized tony, he did it because he though it would help bring the fighting to an end. then pete threw tony and his tracking shyt into the iron bushes. which made tony on to make his own spider men. its only at very base notes to be comic accurate