Sony announces the PlayStation Classic (20 games, December 3rd, $99)

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
In short, there are technical reasons and business reasons. Claiming it's simply business reasons and that the technical reasons given to you by the same people who you champion and reference whenever Xbox is doing something you find impressive is a clear case of bias and cognitive dissonance. You can't trust DF when it comes to Xbox X doing good shyt but try to ignore them and not extrapolate the info in regards to PS4 BC for PS3. We KNOW Sony is in the business of recharging you for old games and honestly there's no financial incentive for them to do so right now. Xbox had to do so because they had no real advantages right now and it's evident in the almost 3:1 sales PS4 has over Xbox.
It 100% business decisions why the ps4 isnt backwards compatible, Sony has gotten greedy as fukk with the success of the ps4. They want to sell their garbage streaming service instead of listening to what the gamers actually want, this isnt something Microsoft had to do because of their disadvantage. Microsoft had this planned from the start, off the success of the 360, when they still thought that the xbox was gonna be the highest selling system this generation.

There's no reason Sony couldn't have considered BC when they designed the pro, it was a new console with new hardware and they had the opportunity to give gamers what they wanted.

Sony only cares about their bottom line, we see it by their refusal to allow crossplay. They claim it's to protect their userbase but people with insider information have said its cause they weren't ok with people paying for something on another system and using it on their brand.

Is it "4 the gamers"? Or is it "4 the profits"?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
So after all these posts what I have gathered is that the RPCS3 team is capable of getting 1000+ titles in playable condition for both Windows and Linux and Sony apparently can't figure it out with all their resources.

Got it. I am done with this stupid thread.
Playable as in sub 10fps and buggy as fukk with way more powerful hardware.

You're another dude that claims Microsoft just flipped a switch and made the shyt happen despite them literally saying that BC had to be built into the system during development. Disengenues ass arguments.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Like I said, illiterate.

If you read the link you'd understand everything was discussed by Microsoft's VP of software engineering.

From the project being shelved by don mattricks.

To the project being restarted by phil Spencer

To him literally stating that the X1 had to have certain aspects built into the chipset.

They explained every step in detail, but you wanna pretend like dude is lying just to make the story sound good. Bringing up shyt like XNA when that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about and was never mentioned in any of the links I've posted. All to convince yourself that it was some shyt they just decided to do in 2015 with just software emulation.
Read your post "AN EXPERIMENT BY TWO TEAMS"

Now ask yourself, does this sound like a deliberate companywide plan that would shape hardware?

As I said. It was more of them finding a compatibility exploit than actually making changes to hardware as its AMD designing the chips.

You don't change silicon based on side project that you still think is "impossible" 4 years later.:martin:

Also this:
The system is based on a different core architecture, so back-compat doesn't really work from that perspective.

Was said around the launch of Xbox BEFORE any changes to the online stuff.

Sure doesn't sound like a baked in hardware feature planned for launch to me:comeon:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Read your post "AN EXPERIMENT BY TWO TEAMS"

Now ask yourself, does this sound like a deliberate companywide plan that would shape hardware?

As I said. It was more of them finding a compatibility exploit than actually making changes to hardware as its AMD designing the chips.

You don't change silicon based on side project that you still think is "impossible" 4 years later.:martin:

Also this:
The system is based on a different core architecture, so back-compat doesn't really work from that perspective.

Was said around the launch of Xbox BEFORE any changes to the online stuff.

Sure doesn't sound like a baked in hardware feature planned for launch to me:comeon:
He said experiment by two teams that evolved into a service planned for launch, then put on hold due to infrastructure changes taking place. your taking words out of context instead of just reading the whole fukking article to fit your bullshyt narrative.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You're another dude that claims Microsoft just flipped a switch and made the shyt happen despite them literally saying that BC had to be built into the system during development. Disengenues ass arguments.
Yup, he loves to leave out the specs of the PCs that these "playable" games are on(Games mind you that are "playable" at 5~25fps at best with possible gltiches.). All playable means is it launches and can be finished. Playable doesn't mean "perfect".

Also he leaves out the fact that it's running on PC's that are way way faster than the "piece of shyt cpu" in the PS4 as he doesn't want to admit right now for some strange reason. Also he loves to pretend that RPCS3 is actually running on PS4's and not those desktops he loves to leave to.

Nikka should change his name from Liquid to Stupid because that's all I'm gathering from this thread. :francis:

Last edited:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
92e5357c2b67f50d416c4279bbde8b30.png

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It 100% business decisions why the ps4 isnt backwards compatible, Sony has gotten greedy as fukk with the success of the ps4. They want to sell their garbage streaming service instead of listening to what the gamers actually want, this isnt something Microsoft had to do because of their disadvantage. Microsoft had this planned from the start, off the success of the 360, when they still thought that the xbox was gonna be the highest selling system this generation.

There's no reason Sony couldn't have considered BC when they designed the pro, it was a new console with new hardware and they had the opportunity to give gamers what they wanted.

Sony only cares about their bottom line, we see it by their refusal to allow crossplay. They claim it's to protect their userbase but people with insider information have said its cause they weren't ok with people paying for something on another system and using it on their brand.

Is it "4 the gamers"? Or is it "4 the profits"?
For PS1 and PS2 yeah I believe that. The PS2 classics nonsense was just a way to resell them old ass games. PS1 is baffling to say the least.

PSP should've been on there too fukk it.

BUT I also believe there is some technical merit to PS3 being BC in addition to business reasons. This nuance though is lost to some cats on this forum who's name rhymes with Stupid and Reach:jbhmm: This is why I cannot bother with them. If you cannot be bothered to read anything I say and instead make up what you think I'm saying then they can just go drink bleach.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yup, he loves to leave out the specs of the PCs that these "playable" games are on(Games mind you that are "playable" at 5~25fps at best with possible gltiches.). All playable means is it launches and can be finished. Playable doesn't mean "perfect".

Also he leaves out the fact that it's running on PC's that are way way faster than the "piece of shyt cpu" in the PS4 as he doesn't want to admit right now for some strange reason. Also he loves to pretend that RPCS3 is actually running on PS4's and not those desktops he loves to leave to.

Nikka should change his name from Liquid to Stupid because that's all I'm gathering from this thread. :francis:
Compare basement hackers to Sony brehs.

And there's plenty of fully playable all the way through games that can run on a low end CPU. And more being added all the time.

Why you leaving all that out.

Maybe your name should be stupid:martin:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I have a backwards compatible PS3, I'm straight.
I have an xbox 360 but have no plans on using it again regardless if bc was available or not.
When they give you BC, and they fix the frame rates or even enhance it to make it comparable to a remaster is just :wow:
Games I never played from the past, they just give you for free, I try and I enjoy if its worthy.

Now the real question is has gaming evolved from last gen to this gen in such a way that last gen titles are boring or outdated.

That's clearly not the case. So you saying you have a PS3 is you really saying your jealous you don't have an xbox feature on your ps4 :umad:
Enjoy not playing your old games but acting like you would. Whatever helps with the nightly sleep :tu:

You being a sony stan you are trained to believe anything sony says and only things that fit a narrative from Microsoft. You acting as if Microsoft was gonna give the blueprint on how they did it so sony could easily counter :dahell: Just realize that if this was a system baked in feature then we'd of had this at launch and there wouldn't be all those billions spent on the cloud.

The gaming anywhwere via digital has been the plan since say 1, you sir are full of shyt drinking that kool-aid. Since you a smart sony guy, lets get back to this threads topic for a moment.

$40 but often on sale for $20, what say you coli???

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Compare basement hackers to Sony brehs.

And there's plenty of fully playable all the way through games that can run on a low end CPU. And more being added all the time.

Why you leaving all that out.

Maybe your name should be stupid:martin:
Fully playable=can be started and cleared.

That's all it means.

Fully playable doesn't mean it runs identical or better than the native version with no bugs e.g. visual/audio glitches. It just means you can beat the game at 10fps if you want to do that.
The few games that can run on low end cpus fine are merely a handful. Claiming those games run fine=emulator is fine is precisely the dumb shyt I expect you and @stupid to echo.

I mean I guess you're used to 10~20fps games being that you game on Xbox One a lot so your idea of playable is it can simply run.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Fully playable=can be started and cleared.

That's all it means.

Fully playable doesn't mean it runs identical or better than the native version with no bugs e.g. visual/audio glitches. It just means you can beat the game at 10fps if you want to do that.
The few games that can run on low end cpus fine are merely a handful. Claiming those games run fine=emulator is fine is precisely the dumb shyt I expect you and @stupid to echo.

I mean I guess you're used to 10~20fps games being that you game on Xbox One a lot so your idea of playable is it can simply run.
No when I say fully playable I mean you can play the game start to finish at a reasonable framerate.

PS3 itself didn't play most games at a perfectly stable framerate:stopitslime:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No when I say fully playable I mean you can play the game start to finish at a reasonable framerate.

PS3 itself didn't play most games at a perfectly stable framerate:stopitslime:
Yeah reasonable framerate means sub 20fps and up to 30fps at times. I mean, we get it you have dealt with shytty framerates on the Xbox One for years so this is right up your alley.

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
I have an xbox 360 but have no plans on using it again regardless if bc was available or not.
When they give you BC, and they fix the frame rates or even enhance it to make it comparable to a remaster is just :wow:
Games I never played from the past, they just give you for free, I try and I enjoy if its worthy.

Now the real question is has gaming evolved from last gen to this gen in such a way that last gen titles are boring or outdated.

That's clearly not the case. So you saying you have a PS3 is you really saying your jealous you don't have an xbox feature on your ps4 :umad:
Enjoy not playing your old games but acting like you would. Whatever helps with the nightly sleep :tu:

You being a sony stan you are trained to believe anything sony says and only things that fit a narrative from Microsoft. You acting as if Microsoft was gonna give the blueprint on how they did it so sony could easily counter :dahell: Just realize that if this was a system baked in feature then we'd of had this at launch and there wouldn't be all those billions spent on the cloud.

The gaming anywhwere via digital has been the plan since say 1, you sir are full of shyt drinking that kool-aid. Since you a smart sony guy, lets get back to this threads topic for a moment.

$40 but often on sale for $20, what say you coli???

412632_1.jpg