Sony announces the PlayStation Classic (20 games, December 3rd, $99)

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Phil had NOTHING to do with hardware decisions or the overall direction of Xbox until very recently.

That quote is not talking about early in the development of Xbox one. It wouldn't even make sense in that context.

You rolling with what Microsoft said or not?

Xbox One is Not Backward Compatible

The system is based on a different core architecture, so back-compat doesn't really work from that perspective."

Doesn't sound like something baked in the hardware they just had to enable:ohhh:
I never said it was something they just had to enable, I gave you links with Microsoft explaining the whole process and even them saying that it was always planned but had to be delayed due to the changes they had to make with the online infrastructure.

Read the fukking links, they talk about the shyt in the articles.

:snoop:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I never said it was something they just had to enable, I gave you links with Microsoft explaining the whole process and even them saying that it was always planned but had to be delayed due to the changes they had to make with the online infrastructure.

Read the fukking links, they talk about the shyt in the articles.

:snoop:
I read the links. I also posted some links.

You gotta put it all together.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I read the links. I also posted some links.

You gotta put it all together.
If I put the links you posted together with what I posted, I get that they were busy trying to change their infrastructure and put backwards compatibility on the back burner till they got it right.

But the system was built from the beginning for it to be possible.

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin
can someone pass the mustard about emulators PLEASE. I need to be put on about them

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt is ridiculous, I'm giving them information straight from Microsoft themselves stating that backwards compatibility was something they were working on since development and that it wouldn't be possible without some level of hardware compatibility baked into the system.

But you have nikkas like @Liquid and @MeachTheMonster claiming I'm just a sony stan defending Sony and that its possible with the what they have currently.

I never said the ps3 was so much more complicated than the 360 and that it's not possible, the 360 wouldn't have been possible either without Microsoft taking the steps they took during development to make it happen.

:why:
They seem to have some elementary understanding of the topic as evidenced by the constant red herring fallacies e.g. "You console clowns,", "You loyal sheep" et al. and general low quality posts dismissing anything technical. His posts reflect someone of poor comprehension who thinks being critical and negative=enlightened.

The first issue is Sony didn't come out and say they can't do it due to X and Y, actual developers, tech heads and people in the know have stated so. Him saying people "believe" Sony is dumb because it's not Sony who said anything about not being able to emulate PS3 on PS4, actual devs just mention the tasks and people extrapolated from that.

In short, there are technical reasons and business reasons. Claiming it's simply business reasons and that the technical reasons given to you by the same people who you champion and reference whenever Xbox is doing something you find impressive is a clear case of bias and cognitive dissonance. You can't trust DF when it comes to Xbox X doing good shyt but try to ignore them and not extrapolate the info in regards to PS4 BC for PS3. We KNOW Sony is in the business of recharging you for old games and honestly there's no financial incentive for them to do so right now. Xbox had to do so because they had no real advantages right now and it's evident in the almost 3:1 sales PS4 has over Xbox.

I guess when I say "they weren't sure about" this is what I mean, they wanted to do always online, sharing games with up to X amount of people and bc" but after the whole mess they weren't sure how it tackle it. I do remember them saying that they didn't think they could pull off BC though, I always preached about how always online wasn't a big deal especially if it meant I got to share games with other friends or access to old games. MS really was just a bit to ahead of its time then and the rubbed a lot of people the wrong way with those snobby comments.

But here we are in 2018 basically always online and or about to be ok with checking in every X amount of hours or days to play certain games.
It said you have to be online all the time to even play games offline. The point of contention is not how much time you're online but in the off chance that you're without internet for a while due to something like a storm knocking out your internet connection or if you're plain old out of the country in an area where you're without Internet for a while.
I was in Haiti over the summer and my cousin brought a XB1S for his folks and there was no internet connection there while we were there because the router they had wasn't working correctly for some reason. Imagine 2013 Xbox not even letting you play anything because it's offline. It'd be a deal breaker. It doesn't matter if 95% of the time I'm online, the 5% when I'm not I don't want to be stuck.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The first issue is Sony didn't come out and say they can't do it due to X and Y, actual developers, tech heads and people in the know have stated so. Him saying people "believe" Sony is dumb because it's not Sony who said anything about not being able to emulate PS3 on PS4, actual devs just mention the tasks and people extrapolated from that.
Nobody has really said this but Sony stans. You are correct Sony has never made the claim that PS4 can't emulate PS3.

As I said that idea stems from all the hype and lies they told about the cell back in the day, y'all still running with the "too complicated" narrative.

You damn stans:stopitslime:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nobody has really said this but Sony stans. You are correct Sony has never made the claim that PS4 can't emulate PS3.

As I said that idea stems from all the hype and lies they told about the cell back in the day, y'all still running with the "too complicated" narrative.

You damn stans:stopitslime:
So basically no matter what proof someone posts of it being exotic and overly complicated with words straight from game devs, they're lying and it's a conflict of interests.

So in short, there's no point discussing this with you if your retort is "lies lies you damn stans." and other fancy ways of calling someone a stan.

I swear you got a hot key on your keyboard set to type "stan" :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So basically no matter what proof someone posts of it being exotic and overly complicated with words straight from game devs, they're lying and it's a conflict of interests.

So in short, there's no point discussing this with you if your retort is "lies lies you damn stans." and other fancy ways of calling someone a stan.

I swear you got a hot key on your keyboard set to type "stan" :mjlol:
You have not posted any proof that it can't be done. Y'all just say it and repeat it and dap each other:comeon:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Nah, you taking that one sentence and creating an entire stan narrative behind it. :smh:
Like I said, illiterate.

If you read the link you'd understand everything was discussed by Microsoft's VP of software engineering.

From the project being shelved by don mattricks.

The fan-first feature has evolved from an experiment conducted by two separate Microsoft Research teams into a service planned for Xbox One's launch—complete with hardware hooks baked into the Durango silicon—until the well-publicized changes to the Xbox One policies (namely, stripping out the always-online requirement for the console) forced it to be pushed to the back burner.

To the project being restarted by phil Spencer

After Spencer replaced Don Mattrick atop the Xbox division in early 2014, he and Choudhry restarted the compatibility program. “For me it was unfinished business for years,” Choudhry said, referring back to the “Trioxide” research projects he’d had his eye on years prior

To him literally stating that the X1 had to have certain aspects built into the chipset.

This was done back in 2011. Preliminary tests showed that support for key Xbox middleware XMA audio and texture formats was extremely taxing to do in software alone.
“If we'd have gone with the 360 SOC, we likely would've landed at just parity,” he said. “The goal was never just parity.” So they built the XMA and texture formats into the Xbox One chipset.

They explained every step in detail, but you wanna pretend like dude is lying just to make the story sound good. Bringing up shyt like XNA when that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about and was never mentioned in any of the links I've posted. All to convince yourself that it was some shyt they just decided to do in 2015 with just software emulation.

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
So after all these posts what I have gathered is that the RPCS3 team is capable of getting 1000+ titles in playable condition for both Windows and Linux and Sony apparently can't figure it out with all their resources.

Got it. I am done with this stupid thread.