Sony announces the PlayStation Classic (20 games, December 3rd, $99)

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Didn't read a thing you posted. :camby:

I'm sure it's basically something something console clown, basement nerd, I3, Cell, Sony, Resources, PS Now, trash, loyalty, this forum sucks et al.
I'll summarize what he posted in a picture for you then...

Everything he just dropped on you I've already relayed to the Sony stans on this board ad nauseam.
Sony jerked you, and is still jerking you on Backwards Compatibility, but you guys do Sony PR better than Sony PR.
Ya'll tout around "one of the greatest console libraries of all time" while in the same breath pretending you have no interest in those games. How sway? HOW!?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You lured me in again with this garbage.

This is why you clowns resort to name-calling after evidence is brought to you that Sony is being disingenuous. A member of the Sony brigade didn't even know that the 360 was based on the PowerPC architecture until I believe @MeachTheMonster or @PS4 pointed it out. Bottom line is that this was starting to smell like a bunch of bullshyt and a financial play to get their cloud service out. They now saw a perfect opportunity to capitalize a bit more with their "classic" playstation console. This has been pretty easy to see all the way back early in the PS4 rollout.

So let's lay it all out as to what has been going on here and try for a second to be objective. We have to reduce this down to what the probability is here. I honestly can't see how you cats can see it any other way.

The argument you and @5n0man are trying to make is that Microsoft made some hardware decisions that made it easier for them to potentially leave the emulation side of things open. Sony did not make those same decisions since they had already acquired Gaikai and it was obvious that for them starting the PS Now service would prove to be a better financial play long term.

My argument is that if the Cell was this technologically impossible monster to emulate that there would not even be an emulator out there in existence - period. ESPECIALLY what started out as a hobby project.

The reason why I ignore your "look at the hardware they are using" counters is because it's been like that since the start of emulators across the board. Take a look at the history of 3rd party emulators out for the PC/Mac. They ALL require much more powerful hardware for a variety of reasons - breaking into proprietary hardware/software to trick it to run on a different platform, teams that are not as established or motivated to get near perfect emulation done and nowhere near the resources at the disposal of a microsoft/sony to get the best minds together to possibly achieve the task. On top of that we have some history as to what happened if a very competent company got behind a project. Bleem! back in the day got games running so well that Sony was forced to sue them to death to stop development. Not many highly skilled programmers on the level of a Mark Cerny or others at Sony are going to waste their time on a side hobby project unless there is financial compensation.

So where are we in terms of emulation? We currently have a bunch of hackers who appear to all be working remotely, who are funded via patreon doing the work that Sony refuses to do. That's right there is not even a centralized effort in place by this team and yet they have cracked this "impossible" task by getting many games bootable and many even playable till the end. This isn't going to be the most efficient emulator out there just based on logistics alone - there isn't even a daily grind inside an office that would be possible from a multi-national corporation.

This isn't a technically impossible task and it's already been proven - it's a financial decision made by Sony and there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is that some of you asshats have been trying to Michael Jackson spin the conversation in many different directions in regards to backwards compatibility. Sony can get it done, but rather sell you a service that has no end. It has sold some of you well enough into believing that this ancient "cell" can cripple modern processors down to the point in where it cannot be emulated with much more powerful hardware. Which is something that is unheard of in the history of computing. Microsoft could have easily used the PPC-X86 excuse as well, but decided to take on the task because they unlike Sony have no leverage and wanted to get their reputation and unit sales numbers up.

So to close what is the probability here? Sony CANNOT emulate the PS3 with much more powerful hardware or doesn't WANT to emulate the PS3 and charge you $99 a year across several generations? Take a look at all of their moves from 2012 and try to sit there and believe that this shyt is impossible on their current gen platform :mjlol:

You guys know the answer to these questions so it really is time to stop playing dumb here as it makes the whole forum look like a bunch of morons.
Prolific posting. You should be a mod one day.
Gimme some

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'll summarize what he posted in a picture for you then...

Everything he just dropped on you I've already relayed to the Sony stans on this board ad nauseam.
Sony jerked you, and is still jerking you on Backwards Compatibility, but you guys do Sony PR better than Sony PR.
Ya'll tout around "one of the greatest console libraries of all time" while in the same breath pretending you have no interest in those games. How sway? HOW!?
Damn son this is a 2 month old ether :skip:

Anyway, I'm lost here. I don't think i said anything about PSX having the greatest console library of all time nor am I pretending to not have interest in these games. I don't.

I have a crazy PC,I could play and emulate PS1 games anytime I want yet I have had no interest in doing so. PSX Classic is going to flop.

@Liquid has put a clock by us.

Pifford

All Star
Daps
I still wouldn't have copped, but god damn the Japanese version got better games (imo)
  • Arc the Lad
  • Arc the Lad 2
  • Armored Core
  • Biohazard Director’s Cut (Resident Evil Director’s Cut)
  • Final Fantasy VII International
  • G Darius
  • Gradius Gaiden
  • Intelligent Qube
  • Jumping Flash
  • Megami Ibunroku Persona: Be Your True Mind (Revelations: Persona)
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Mr. Driller
  • Parasite Eve
  • Ridge Racer Type 4
  • SaGa Frontier
  • Super Puzzle Fighter IIX
  • Tekken 3
  • Toshinden (Battle Arena Toshinden)
  • Wild Arms
  • XI [sái] (Devil Dice
Vs

• Battle Arena Toshinden