Sony announces the PlayStation Classic (20 games, December 3rd, $99)

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You being a sony stan you are trained to believe anything sony says and only things that fit a narrative from Microsoft. You acting as if Microsoft was gonna give the blueprint on how they did it so sony could easily
Sony ain't say shyt about it, what do you mean I believe anything they say?

I gave you the words directly from the Microsoft engineers that designed the system, and yes they even talk about keeping some parts of the process secret. You'd know that if you read the shyt.

Yall are choosing to ignore the words straight from Microsoft to believe this narrative that they just flipped a switch and made it happen in 2015.

They go into detail about what parts are baked into the system, what parts are software emulated, the reason it was scrapped at launch and when the project got revived.

Yall non reading dumbasses are choosing to believe whatever you want.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
BUT I also believe there is some technical merit to PS3 being BC in addition to business reasons. This nuance though is lost to some cats on this forum who's name rhymes with
The only technical merit is that Sony made a conscious decision to leave BC off the table to sell their shytty now service. They have shown that they dont give a damn about what gamers want and this generation has made that clear as day.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I got no problem with these classic shyts.

I'm sure a lot of people like them. Alot of people don't fukk with emulators.

I wouldn't cop one myself but if I got it as a gift it would be dope.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Yup, he loves to leave out the specs of the PCs that these "playable" games are on(Games mind you that are "playable" at 5~25fps at best with possible gltiches.). All playable means is it launches and can be finished. Playable doesn't mean "perfect".

Also he leaves out the fact that it's running on PC's that are way way faster than the "piece of shyt cpu" in the PS4 as he doesn't want to admit right now for some strange reason. Also he loves to pretend that RPCS3 is actually running on PS4's and not those desktops he loves to leave to.

Nikka should change his name from Liquid to Stupid because that's all I'm gathering from this thread. :francis:
You lured me in again with this garbage.

This is why you clowns resort to name-calling after evidence is brought to you that Sony is being disingenuous. A member of the Sony brigade didn't even know that the 360 was based on the PowerPC architecture until I believe @MeachTheMonster or @PS4 pointed it out. Bottom line is that this was starting to smell like a bunch of bullshyt and a financial play to get their cloud service out. They now saw a perfect opportunity to capitalize a bit more with their "classic" playstation console. This has been pretty easy to see all the way back early in the PS4 rollout.

So let's lay it all out as to what has been going on here and try for a second to be objective. We have to reduce this down to what the probability is here. I honestly can't see how you cats can see it any other way.

The argument you and @5n0man are trying to make is that Microsoft made some hardware decisions that made it easier for them to potentially leave the emulation side of things open. Sony did not make those same decisions since they had already acquired Gaikai and it was obvious that for them starting the PS Now service would prove to be a better financial play long term.

My argument is that if the Cell was this technologically impossible monster to emulate that there would not even be an emulator out there in existence - period. ESPECIALLY what started out as a hobby project.

The reason why I ignore your "look at the hardware they are using" counters is because it's been like that since the start of emulators across the board. Take a look at the history of 3rd party emulators out for the PC/Mac. They ALL require much more powerful hardware for a variety of reasons - breaking into proprietary hardware/software to trick it to run on a different platform, teams that are not as established or motivated to get near perfect emulation done and nowhere near the resources at the disposal of a microsoft/sony to get the best minds together to possibly achieve the task. On top of that we have some history as to what happened if a very competent company got behind a project. Bleem! back in the day got games running so well that Sony was forced to sue them to death to stop development. Not many highly skilled programmers on the level of a Mark Cerny or others at Sony are going to waste their time on a side hobby project unless there is financial compensation.

So where are we in terms of emulation? We currently have a bunch of hackers who appear to all be working remotely, who are funded via patreon doing the work that Sony refuses to do. That's right there is not even a centralized effort in place by this team and yet they have cracked this "impossible" task by getting many games bootable and many even playable till the end. This isn't going to be the most efficient emulator out there just based on logistics alone - there isn't even a daily grind inside an office that would be possible from a multi-national corporation.

This isn't a technically impossible task and it's already been proven - it's a financial decision made by Sony and there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is that some of you asshats have been trying to Michael Jackson spin the conversation in many different directions in regards to backwards compatibility. Sony can get it done, but rather sell you a service that has no end. It has sold some of you well enough into believing that this ancient "cell" can cripple modern processors down to the point in where it cannot be emulated with much more powerful hardware. Which is something that is unheard of in the history of computing. Microsoft could have easily used the PPC-X86 excuse as well, but decided to take on the task because they unlike Sony have no leverage and wanted to get their reputation and unit sales numbers up.

So to close what is the probability here? Sony CANNOT emulate the PS3 with much more powerful hardware or doesn't WANT to emulate the PS3 and charge you $99 a year across several generations? Take a look at all of their moves from 2012 and try to sit there and believe that this shyt is impossible on their current gen platform :mjlol:

You guys know the answer to these questions so it really is time to stop playing dumb here as it makes the whole forum look like a bunch of morons.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This is why you clowns resort to name-calling after evidence is brought to you that Sony is being disingenuous. A member of the Sony brigade didn't even know that the 360 was based on the PowerPC architecture until I believe @MeachTheMonster or @PS4 pointed it out. Bottom line is that this was starting to smell like a bunch of bullshyt and a financial play to get their cloud service out. They now saw a perfect opportunity to capitalize a bit more with their "classic" playstation console. This has been pretty easy to see all the way back early in the PS4 rollout.

So let's lay it all out as to what has been going on here and try for a second to be objective. We have to reduce this down to what the probability is here. I honestly can't see how you cats can see it any other way.

The argument you and @5n0man are trying to make is that Microsoft made some hardware decisions that made it easier for them to potentially leave the emulation side of things open. Sony did not make those same decisions since they had already acquired Gaikai and it was obvious that for them starting the PS Now service would prove to be a better financial play long term.

My argument is that if the Cell was this technologically impossible monster to emulate that there would not even be an emulator out there in existence - period. ESPECIALLY what started out as a hobby project.

The reason why I ignore your "look at the hardware they are using" counters is because it's been like that since the start of emulators across the board. Take a look at the history of 3rd party emulators out for the PC/Mac. They ALL require much more powerful hardware for a variety of reasons - breaking into proprietary hardware/software to trick it to run on a different platform, teams that are not as established or motivated to get near perfect emulation done and nowhere near the resources at the disposal of a microsoft/sony to get the best minds together to possibly achieve the task. On top of that we have some history as to what happened if a very competent company got behind a project. Bleem! back in the day got games running so well that Sony was forced to sue them to death to stop development. Not many highly skilled programmers on the level of a Mark Cerny or others at Sony are going to waste their time on a side hobby project unless there is financial compensation.

So where are we in terms of emulation? We currently have a bunch of hackers who appear to all be working remotely, who are funded via patreon doing the work that Sony refuses to do. That's right there is not even a centralized effort in place by this team and yet they have cracked this "impossible" task by getting many games bootable and many even playable till the end. This isn't going to be the most efficient emulator out there just based on logistics alone - there isn't even a daily grind inside an office that would be possible from a multi-national corporation.

This isn't a technically impossible task and it's already been proven - it's a financial decision made by Sony and there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is that some of you asshats have been trying to Michael Jackson spin the conversation in many different directions in regards to backwards compatibility. Sony can get it done, but rather sell you a service that has no end. It has sold some of you well enough into believing that this ancient "cell" can cripple modern processors down to the point in where it cannot be emulated with much more powerful hardware. Which is something that is unheard of in the history of computing. Microsoft could have easily used the PPC-X86 excuse as well, but decided to take on the task because they unlike Sony have no leverage and wanted to get their reputation and unit sales numbers up.

So to close what is the probability here? Sony CANNOT emulate the PS3 with much more powerful hardware or doesn't WANT to emulate the PS3 and charge you $99 a year across several generations? Take a look at all of their moves from 2012 and try to sit there and believe that this shyt is impossible on their current gen platform :mjlol:

You guys know the answer to these questions so it really is time to stop playing dumb here as it makes the whole forum look like a bunch of morons.
Didn't read a thing you posted. :camby:

I'm sure it's basically something something console clown, basement nerd, I3, Cell, Sony, Resources, PS Now, trash, loyalty, this forum sucks et al.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The only technical merit is that Sony made a conscious decision to leave BC off the table to sell their shytty now service. They have shown that they dont give a damn about what gamers want and this generation has made that clear as day.
It's odd though because PS2, PS3, PSP and PS Vita all had BC.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

I never said the cell was some impossible shyt to emulate and Microsoft did take steps when designing their hardware to make sure BC was a possibility. They said it was a planned feature for launch but got shelved due to changes they had to make by launch.

You are refusing to read the link where Microsoft themselves talk about the entire process in order to believe a narrative that they just had to flip a switch to get full blown software emulation working.

I never denied that Sony couldn't have done the same thing from the start but opted to try and sell a shytty streaming service instead.

Your argument is disengenues and you know it.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So basically no matter what proof someone posts of it being exotic and overly complicated with words straight from game devs, they're lying and it's a conflict of interests.

So in short, there's no point discussing this with you if your retort is "lies lies you damn stans." and other fancy ways of calling someone a stan.

I swear you got a hot key on your keyboard set to type "stan" :mjlol:
Cell was "exotic" and "complicated" in relation to single core processors and how OOP programming
principles hadn't become the norm. By the time we were in the middle of last gen, multi-core
processing was the norm and Sony formed the ICE Team to go around and help studios
get the best performance out of the Ps3's Cell Processor.

It's a common PS3 meme that the Cell processor was "impossible to understand" but it
was a known quantity by 2009, if developers couldn't figure out the cell, the ps3 would've
still had games looking like it's first gen titles instead of the games we
got late into the console's life (BFBC:2, Dead Space 2/3, AC3 and so on...)

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Yeah reasonable framerate means sub 20fps and up to 30fps at times. I mean, we get it you have dealt with shytty framerates on the Xbox One for years so this is right up your alley.
Refuse to acknowledge the existence of the Xbox one X brehs :umad:
Sony ain't say shyt about it, what do you mean I believe anything they say?

I gave you the words directly from the Microsoft engineers that designed the system, and yes they even talk about keeping some parts of the process secret. You'd know that if you read the shyt.

Yall are choosing to ignore the words straight from Microsoft to believe this narrative that they just flipped a switch and made it happen in 2015.

They go into detail about what parts are baked into the system, what parts are software emulated, the reason it was scrapped at launch and when the project got revived.

Yall non reading dumbasses are choosing to believe whatever you want.
Bruh, in this thread is where you leaned any of this stuff. Myself and others beenhere since day 1 discussing all this shyt. I've seen what you posted, I've seen them say other things too. They broke everything down at the reveal :stopitslime: Microsoft was deciding if they wanted to go the Sony route, would have, then after sales wasn't up to par they shifted strategy :stop: psnow was the guinea pig and it flopped. So by the time gamespass launched they wouldn't make the same mistakes.
I got no problem with these classic shyts.

I'm sure a lot of people like them. Alot of people don't fukk with emulators.

I wouldn't cop one myself but if I got it as a gift it would be dope.
It would be dope to play ps1 games for $100 :dahell: can't the ps2/3/4 do that?
Do you have an Xbox one?

The forum would look even crazier if they put this type of post into Liquids Labyrinth which is a spin off of Courtdog's kennel :francis:
It's odd though because PS2, PS3, PSP and PS Vita all had BC.
Odd you say? Well at least now we have the Scooby doo detective agency on the case :mjlol:

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
:why:
did the psx come w/ a rumble controller? this isnt that big a deal imo. these r gonna see out like crazy, like all the rest. of course i still wanna see the list of games.