Sony announces the PlayStation Classic (20 games, December 3rd, $99)

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
It's cool for the original FF7 and Tekken 3 alone but hopefully the controllers wont be so short, we should have gotten some sort of bluetooth integration...:ehh:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
These Sony stans :snoop:
I had a hacked Wii and it was awful for n64 emulation, I wouldn't count on it emulating anything newer than the 16 bit gen reliably.
This is bullshyt, outright lie
30+ Great Emulators You Can Run on Your Nintendo Wii
I've had no issues whatsoever whoodi :ufdup:
There is no way the ps4 is powerful enough to emulate ps3. PCs with i7s are barely capable of running about 10% of the games in a semi playable state as it is.
You have zero idea wtf you talking about, Sony can easily emulate their own shyt. They don't have to crack shyt so to speak like a hacker would. You just gotta stop believing ever Sony lie that's told. What Sony did so was spend 300million on Gaikai so they could stream Sony games to you at inflated prices. Those games are ps1/2/3 titles. The Xbox one doesn't run the game from the disc, it installs a compatible version of the old game via software emulation not hardware like you're claiming :stop: actually, they are emulating the Xbox360's hardware via software emulation. Basically bleemcast :francis:

Sony could do the exact same thing, psnow allows you
Microsoft was smart enough to design the xbox 1 with some level of 360 hardware compatibility into the system from the beginning. It doesnt have to brute force emulation completely.

I dont doubt that money was the motivation for Sony to neglect backwards compatibility considering that psx/ps2 emulation shouldn't be a problem but they wont do it.

Xbox One backwards compatibility: how does it actually work?

It's cool for the original FF7 and Tekken 3 alone but hopefully the controllers wont be so short, we should have gotten some sort of bluetooth integration...:ehh:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
This is bullshyt, outright lie
30+ Great Emulators You Can Run on Your Nintendo Wii
I've had no issues whatsoever whoodi
Nintendo 64 emulators - Emulation General Wiki

• Wii64 and Not64 are both based on Mupen64, with Not64 being a fork of Wii64. Not64 claims to be better optimized as well as having higher compatibility and more frequent updates. N64 emulation on Wii is not very good, and it is recommended to stick with the Virtual Console N64 releases whenever possible.
:stopitslime:
You have zero idea wtf you talking about, Sony can easily emulate their own shyt. They don't have to crack shyt so to speak like a hacker would. You just gotta stop believing ever Sony lie that's told. What Sony did so was spend 300million on Gaikai so they could stream Sony games to you at inflated prices. Those games are ps1/2/3 titles. The Xbox one doesn't run the game from the disc, it installs a compatible version of the old game via software emulation not hardware like you're claiming :stop: actually, they are emulating the Xbox360's hardware via software emulation. Basically bleemcast :francis:

Sony could do the exact same thing, psnow allows you

Did you even read the link before replying to me breh? The xbox 1 is not running full blown virtual emulation of the 360. They have built in hardware compatibility with the 360 built into the system that helps the process, without that compatibility it wouldn't be possible. They literally explained exactly what steps they took to get backward compatibility on the X1.

"Across the years, we've only picked up a few titbits on the process - essentially that the original Xbox 360 PowerPC executables are reverse-engineered into an intermediate, then recompiled into x86. There's also been talk of some level of hardware compatibility integrated into the Xbox One processor to make the job easier, but beyond that, technical details on the process are thin on the ground - until now.

Helping the task immensely is the fact that certain aspects of the Xbox 360 hardware design are indeed built into the Xbox One processor - specifically, support for texture formats and audio. "It's what makes this sort of possible for us, because then we can take all of those shaders that we collect and we can package them and all the Enlightenments, and then we just go through and we do actual performance playthroughs to determine that the emulator is executing everything right."

Sony obviously didn not take the same precautions when designing the ps4 because of psnow. Brute force emulation of the ps3 is not possible on ps4 without a hardware redesign.

Learn to read breh.

:camby:

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Ehhhh, I probably pass. It's fun to go back and play some stuff from this generation, mostly for nostaglia but this generation of games aged horribly

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nintendo 64 emulators - Emulation General Wiki

• Wii64 and Not64 are both based on Mupen64, with Not64 being a fork of Wii64. Not64 claims to be better optimized as well as having higher compatibility and more frequent updates. N64 emulation on Wii is not very good, and it is recommended to stick with the Virtual Console N64 releases whenever possible.
:stopitslime:

Did you even read the link before replying to me breh? The xbox 1 is not running full blown virtual emulation of the 360. They have built in hardware compatibility with the 360 built into the system that helps the process, without that compatibility it wouldn't be possible. They literally explained exactly what steps they took to get backward compatibility on the X1.

"Across the years, we've only picked up a few titbits on the process - essentially that the original Xbox 360 PowerPC executables are reverse-engineered into an intermediate, then recompiled into x86. There's also been talk of some level of hardware compatibility integrated into the Xbox One processor to make the job easier, but beyond that, technical details on the process are thin on the ground - until now.

Helping the task immensely is the fact that certain aspects of the Xbox 360 hardware design are indeed built into the Xbox One processor - specifically, support for texture formats and audio. "It's what makes this sort of possible for us, because then we can take all of those shaders that we collect and we can package them and all the Enlightenments, and then we just go through and we do actual performance playthroughs to determine that the emulator is executing everything right."

Sony obviously didn not take the same precautions when designing the ps4 because of psnow. Brute force emulation of the ps3 is not possible on ps4 without a hardware redesign.

Learn to read breh.

:camby:
"Support for texture formats and audio" isn't some special thing only Xbox one would have. As hardware is always an upgrade/iteration from previous hardware, there's undoubtedly some campatabile hardware between the PS4 and PS3. If Sony wanted to they could/would use those things on top of the fact that they have all the code, information and resources they could possible have. Sony could make the PS4 emulate the PS3 if they wanted to.

Y'all saying they can't is still legacy stanary coming from sonys bullshyt the sold you about the Cell being some super powerful thing devs and the rest of the world just don't understand:mjlol:

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
A strong i5 and a 970 will run any emulator right now plus most modern games.

If u just looking for retro emulation (up to psx/gamecube) just get a wii for 50$. It runs any emulators below it fairly well.
I got a i7 laptop with a wack gt540m

Pc games (new ones) i can usually play on the lowest graphical settibgs

Ps2 games slow down like crazy for me but everything before that (havent tried dc) works fine

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
You know when someone's piece of shyt copycat finesse game is so trash, it opens your eyes to all the previous finesses by others?

Yeah. That's what this PS Classic will be to those nintendo consoles

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
"Support for texture formats and audio" isn't some special thing only Xbox one would have. As hardware is always an upgrade/iteration from previous hardware, there's undoubtedly some campatabile hardware between the PS4 and PS3. If Sony wanted to they could/would use those things on top of the fact that they have all the code, information and resources they could possible have. Sony could make the PS4 emulate the PS3 if they wanted to.

Y'all saying they can't is still legacy stanary coming from sonys bullshyt the sold you about the Cell being some super powerful thing devs and the rest of the world just don't understand:mjlol:
You just made this up to fit a narrative. I'm gonna take Microsoft's word about the steps they took to getting backwards compatibility over you and courtdog's.

I never said anything about the cell being super powerful, the 360 couldn't be emulated without taking the steps Microsoft took either.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You just made this up to fit a narrative. I'm gonna take Microsoft's word about the steps they took to getting backwards compatibility over you and courtdog's.

I never said anything about the cell being super powerful, the 360 couldn't be emulated without taking the steps Microsoft took either.
I didn't make anything up its common sense that there would be some hardware compatibilies.

Microsoft didn't take any preemptive steps to make Xbox one hardware compatible. They just exploited what was already there. Same as Sony could do if they wanted to.

Xbox one is not a case of native BC hardware being purposely built into the system like early PS3s had. They aren't making that claim. Maybe you are misunderstanding what they are saying in that article.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn't make anything up its common sense that there would be some hardware compatibilies.

Microsoft didn't take any preemptive steps to make Xbox one hardware compatible. They just exploited what was already there. Same as Sony could do if they wanted to.

Xbox one is not a case of native BC hardware being purposely built into the system like early PS3s had. They aren't making that claim. Maybe you are misunderstanding what they are saying in that article.
So u never answered my question from this or the other thread i don't remember.

So Sony just simply doesn't want to make PS3 BC? Even though we know most likely it'd just be games being resold because again Sony is $ony and PS3 being emulated doesn't have to mean = insert old disc and play?

Seems pretty weird logic.

The argument @Liquid always said was "because Gaikai was bought that's why" and we see they offer PS2 and PS4 games as downloads off of the service(PS Now) so why would PS3 games be a no no? It doesn't add up logically. Sony would simply resell all those old PS3 games over as part of some PS3 classics nonsense like they did with PS2.

but what do I know inb4igetcalledaconsoleclowneventhoughmysteamlibrarysaysotherwise

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Sony can emulate the PS3 with PS4 hardware.

You clowns bringing up core i7 this, GeForce that. Please understand that you are taking emulators made by nerds in their basement with maybe 0.01% the resources Sony has AND have to bypass the security to run on non-native hardware.

Only this crowd can be fooled into thinking hardware from 2005-2006 cannot be emulated in hardware that is multiple times stronger. Will it be hard? Will it be expensive? Sure, but the argument still stands. It’s obvious Sony felt like the purchase of Gaikai to spin up this cloud network made more sense for them to try and secure $100 yearly subs for years to come instead of kids buying retro games at $10 a pop.

I actually don’t have a problem with the business decision on that end. The problem I have is the bullshyt excuses and deflections. The sad part is that stupid console gamers believe it because of some blind loyalty they have.

A “Pro” 4K capable system that can’t play 4K Blu-Ray.

Stating that nobody wants to play old games, but remaster everything possible and offer a PlayStation classic for $100 without an ac adapter. Dual Shock controllers likely coming soon.

Thats just shytty and disingenuous.