Sony announces the PlayStation Classic (20 games, December 3rd, $99)

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Only wanna play Legend of Dragoon, Chrono Cross, and FF8, but they're likley not even included. That's ignoring the other crap wrong with this. Hard pass.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Depends what gen. You can get a raspberry pi for what? $40 of I remember correctly. (I have one still in the box that I’m going to use to build an arcade machine)and play any games from PS2 gen on back.

Mainly PS2

And I meant like a PC/laptop, like what's a good one for gaming at a decent price?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Depends what gen. You can get a raspberry pi for what? $40 of I remember correctly. (I have one still in the box that I’m going to use to build an arcade machine)and play any games from PS2 gen on back.
I have a pi and it struggles with N64 emulation overclocked so I seriously doubt it'll run ps2 smoothly.

Sony is on some straight bullshyt with this backwards compatibility shyt. I understand not emulating ps3 but they have no excuse not allowing ps1 and 2 emulation.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
According to Sony no one wants to play old games but they're trying to finesse people on PS Now for $45/3 months or $100/year

Not to mention selling PS2 games at $15 a pop until the occasional sale brings them down to $9

Like I said before they need to make BC systems 50-100 more and call it a day

You a fool if u buy this bullshyt

OAN what's the cheapest computer I can get that's reliable for emulators/playing PC games?

Not necessarily the cheapest cheapest just the lowest price one that's good quality?

A strong i5 and a 970 will run any emulator right now plus most modern games.

If u just looking for retro emulation (up to psx/gamecube) just get a wii for 50$. It runs any emulators below it fairly well.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
At least it was a soft no instead of a boner
My SNES Classic STILL gets burn bruh FOH. Running through FFVI and Super Metroid now.

..Anyways, I gotta see the games list before I commit...but the PS1 isn't as essential to me as the SNES. Might cop. Won't lose sleep if I don't.
Is life really that sad bruh :damn:
Of course it is.

Backwards compatibility should be standard across the board instead of filling homes with garbage.

Sony done fooled the fanboys into thinking it was "no big deal, who wants to play this?". Yet they bought Gaikai and now are following Nintendo's footsteps. Shameless, disrespectful to the consumer base especially now that the PS4 has been hacked and now runs old PlayStation games. They CAN emulate the PS3 with how powerful the PS4 is, but nah let's not do that :beli:
Liquid, you obviously don't understand the complexity of the cell architecture :facepalm: You would need juggling Rick to explain how complex it is, you just don't get it :wrist:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

If u just looking for retro emulation (up to psx/gamecube) just get a wii for 50$. It runs any emulators below it fairly well.
I had a hacked Wii and it was awful for n64 emulation, I wouldn't count on it emulating anything newer than the 16 bit gen reliably.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Liquid, you obviously don't understand the complexity of the cell architecture :facepalm: You would need juggling Rick to explain how complex it is, you just don't get it :wrist:
There is no way the ps4 is powerful enough to emulate ps3. PCs with i7s are barely capable of running about 10% of the games in a semi playable state as it is.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
There is no way the ps4 is powerful enough to emulate ps3. PCs with i7s are barely capable of running about 10% of the games in a semi playable state as it is.
They were saying this same shyt on the Xbox one because the 360 was also making the powerpc to x86-64 leap.

It's all bullshyt. If Sony wanted to they can do it. It's clear as a sunny cloud-less day that Sony is just trying to make extra money off their old software like Nintendo has been doing for decades.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
They were saying this same shyt on the Xbox one because the 360 was also making the powerpc to x86-64 leap.

It's all bullshyt. If Sony wanted to they can do it. It's clear as a sunny cloud-less day that Sony is just trying to make extra money off their old software like Nintendo has been doing for decades.
Microsoft was smart enough to design the xbox 1 with some level of 360 hardware compatibility into the system from the beginning. It doesnt have to brute force emulation completely.

I dont doubt that money was the motivation for Sony to neglect backwards compatibility considering that psx/ps2 emulation shouldn't be a problem but they wont do it.

Xbox One backwards compatibility: how does it actually work?

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
That’s my point though. If you are playing old gen games you can go with almost anything.

So like a $3-400 laptop is good?

Nah I'm good on PS1, it's a few PS2 games I wanna fukk with for the most part. Do I have to get a desktop or is a laptop Gucci?