Sony announces the PlayStation Classic (20 games, December 3rd, $99)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Funny I just asked my coworker, who's a PC gamer and doesn't own any console and haven't owned one since the 360 about this and he said that it's cool and he'd get it.

He even said he can't wait for an N64 classic and possibly a Xbox classic. He doesn't want a PS4 either but he'll get a PS classic.

:yeshrug:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Like buying thousand dollar video cards is any better :skip:
You are not even making sense anymore and I take every chance I get to take jabs at nvidia. Ask @Ciggavelli and @daze23 :ld:

@Fatboi1 A standalone product should be sold as a complete working unit unless it is specifically labeled as a part or tool for a bigger system...which this steaming pile of dog shyt isn't.

Cheap $10 android phones are able to painfully squeeze in a power adapter, yet Sony can't. Maybe they can troll you guys and include an "AC Adapter" for the Dualshock controller they are going to sell as an accessory to this thing :mjlol:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
According to Sony no one wants to play old games but they're trying to finesse people on PS Now for $45/3 months or $100/year

Not to mention selling PS2 games at $15 a pop until the occasional sale brings them down to $9

Like I said before they need to make BC systems 50-100 more and call it a day

You a fool if u buy this bullshyt

OAN what's the cheapest computer I can get that's reliable for emulators/playing PC games?

Not necessarily the cheapest cheapest just the lowest price one that's good quality?

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Funny I just asked my coworker, who's a PC gamer and doesn't own any console and haven't owned one since the 360 about this and he said that it's cool and he'd get it.

He even said he can't wait for an N64 classic and possibly a Xbox classic. He doesn't want a PS4 either but he'll get a PS classic.

:yeshrug:

So he'd rather get a PS1 for 100 than a PS4 for less than 200 on Black Friday? :francis:

I'd fukk with a N64 classic too tho

Might even get the SNES one

A PS2 one I'd fukk with depending on price and what games come installed

PS1 for 100? :camby:

I just checked and Amazon selling PS2 for $500? :hhh:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
PS1 games have aged like milk. :scust:

That post-16 bit, early 3-D era does not hold up well at all. Much worse than SNES games. Most of the best PS1 games will look and play like shyt.
Final Fantasy 9
:blessed:
Spyro
Crash Bandicoot
All the 2D games on Ps1 :wow:
Rayman
Megaman X
:yes:

To me, several ps1 games still look good to this day and the older 3D has a low spec charm
to it. :yeshrug:
I get nostalgic looking at that old school artwork.
Get mad all you want but this is straight hilarious to me :laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:
In a few ways The Cell Processor is as fast as the CPU's in Xbone and Ps4 but it isn't "Stronger".

Devs ran a few tests on the old CPU's (360,Ps3) on up to the current gen (Xbox One and Ps4) and in
certain tests it kept pace with the current consoles. I wanna say this was done by Ubisoft in
particular with cloth simulation likely for their Assassin's Creed games.
With that said, I'm pretty sure if Sony had access to some of the worlds absolute best software engineers
like Microsoft does they could pretty easily copy what Microsoft is doing !
However there's no financial incentive to do so, so PSNow stays and B/C goes.

Also what a lot of posters in the arcadium get wrong is what Microsoft does isn't "Pure emulation" of the 360, they
basically have Xbox One see the 360 code as Xbox One code so at run time it treats that software the same
way it treats other software native to the Xbox One. s

The Xbox One would have to be several times stronger to actually emulate an Xbox 360, so this (MUCH BETTER) solution
to the problem of B/C was created.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
Nintendo should response with a N64 Classic release date.
I would buy it ASAP even if it is a "waste" of money.
N64 emulation has improved quite a bit over the years but i prefer the real deal straight from Nintendo.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So he'd rather get a PS1 for 100 than a PS4 for less than 200 on Black Friday? :francis:

I'd fukk with a N64 classic too tho

Might even get the SNES one

A PS2 one I'd fukk with depending on price and what games come installed

PS1 for 100? :camby:

I just checked and Amazon selling PS2 for $500? :hhh:
He's not a fan of "consoles" as he calls it he's a PC gamer Steam hundreds of hundreds of games owning type of dude.

He knows about Retroarch, Raspberry Pie and his reasoning was that even though he can play PSX on PC and he has isos and whatnot saved, the replica of a PS1 along with it just "working" without having to fukk with anything is why he'd get it. Plus, hacking.

On one hand I understand because I have emulation software on my PC but randomly those shyts just stop working. My Retroarch just stopped working out of nowhere and I honestly don't feel like even fukking with it anymore because of the headache of shyt just crashing, losing data or not working suddenly.

clyma est mort

R.I.P. Eazy-E
Daps
Reppin
Nor Cal
Preordered but I don’t think I’ll keep it. I have a $10 PSX I got at a garage sale 10 years ago, plus a PS2 and a PS3 if I ever get the nostalgic itch.

A good move to pull in lapsed Sony fans with a small investment, though.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
He's not a fan of "consoles" as he calls it he's a PC gamer Steam hundreds of hundreds of games owning type of dude.

He knows about Retroarch, Raspberry Pie and his reasoning was that even though he can play PSX on PC and he has isos and whatnot saved, the replica of a PS1 along with it just "working" without having to fukk with anything is why he'd get it. Plus, hacking.

On one hand I understand because I have emulation software on my PC but randomly those shyts just stop working. My Retroarch just stopped working out of nowhere and I honestly don't feel like even fukking with it anymore because of the headache of shyt just crashing, losing data or not working suddenly.

How much is a computer that's good for gaming/emulators?

Any recommendations? :feedme:

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
:camby:
Fukk ima do with this lil piece of shyt?
its 2018 wheres my technology ?
Fukk the system
Burn Babylon Burn!!!
:bryan::russ::mjlit: