Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yea seeing yalls posts is comforting that it wasn’t just me lmao. How confusing and disjointed the whole thing has become is one of the biggest complaints. The transmog shyt :what: and overall economy is wild. And while I was mostly able to keep up with the plot, it eventually lost me as well. And I say this as someone who used to read the grimoire stuff for fun :martin:. The transition from D1 to D2/mmo-lite to full blown GaaS was rough as shyt.

Bungie made the mistake of having a completely separate team make D2 while the D1 team was working on the last year or two of D1 content, with little to no interaction. The D2 team took the game several steps backward. Activision shares blame, also.

This is why it seems like they paid so much, this is actually pretty good for all the employees. And now the evaluation doesn’t seem so bad

Still appears to be an overpay, but it makes a LOT more sense now. Good for Bungie. Definite lick.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is why it seems like they paid so much, this is actually pretty good for all the employees. And now the evaluation doesn’t seem so bad

in business, you can replace everyone once you have a foundation set.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
X-Thots: “Sony is paying to financially take care of their top talent…:mjlol:

SonySet: “Uhh…why wouldn’t they? :dwillhuh:

Y’all brehs going out sad!
No they're doing a common practice in corporate America where you receive deferred compensation to handcuff talent.

Let's say your receive a performance based bonus this year of 60k.

They give you 40k in cash.
Give you 20k in stock.
And the 20k in stock will vest over the next four year. Some companies do quarterly schedules, other may due bi-annual or annual.

Either way, calling deffered payments as taking care of is about as disingenuous as you can get. :mjlol:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
No they're doing a common practice in corporate America where you receive deferred compensation to handcuff talent.

Let's say your receive a performance based bonus this year of 60k.

They give you 40k in cash.
Give you 20k in stock.
And the 20k in stock will vest over the next four year. Some companies do quarterly schedules, other may due bi-annual or annual.

Either way, calling deffered payments as taking care of is about as disingenuous as you can get. :mjlol:
And? They weren’t receiving the $1.2 billion from Bungie before the acquisition…It’s an addition that’s “encouraging them to stay”. Hence, being “taken care of”.
Lol, so…what’s the issue?

Again, going out sad!
Don’t worry y’all can still play D2…for now.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
And? They weren’t receiving the $1.2 billion from Bungie before the acquisition…It’s an addition that’s “encouraging them to stay”. Hence, being “taken care of”.
Lol, so…what’s the issue?

Again, going out sad!
Don’t worry y’all can still play D2…for now.
You clearly don't work in the industry :mjlol:

It has nothing to do with taking care of employees. It's meant to dangle a carrot in front of them to keep them from leaving.

Golden Handcuffs.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
You clearly don't work in the industry :mjlol:

It has nothing to do with taking care of employees. It's meant to dangle a carrot in front of them to keep them from leaving.

Golden Handcuffs.
They didn’t have to offer anything like MS after they worked on the original Halo games. If MS would have taken care of them they wouldn’t be selling to Sony.
:yeshrug:
Offering them more compensation is taking care of them. Don’t care how you phrase it, it’s better than what MS did for them years ago. Hell even now, the rumors are that they were in talks with MS but the price tag was too high. MS didn’t want take care of them …so we did.