Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The game saw a 96% increase in player traffic when it went on gamepass. :comeon:

*hyperbole aside.

Active player numbers were on the decline or at least seemingly plateaud before Destiny 2 went on gamepass in Sept 2020. From then it's seen its active player count go from 900k to almost 1.5mil.

The game was stagnant and gamepass + next gen consoles lack of games gave it a boost. Of course it wasn't dieing, but this a gizmo thread so we not speaking seriously. :mjlol:

beyond light came out and was free on gameplass after a drought in content and they dropped the free-2-play version. there’s always been peaks and drops with players in between content drops.

Xbox has always been the smallest population though so idk where this goofy shyt from? Are you just looking at something you googled? The majority of the pop are on steam and ps, like 70% xbox players don’t even have the numbers to make that much of a difference.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
beyond light came out and was free on gameplass after a drought in content and they dropped the free-2-play version. there’s always been peaks and drops with players in between content drops.

Xbox has always been the smallest population though so idk where this goofy shyt from? Are you just looking at something you googled? The majority of the pop are on steam and ps, like 70% xbox players don’t even have the numbers to make that much of a difference.

GamePass was xbox and pc. :rudy:

Playstation and Xbox population almost 1:1.
:rudy:

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
GamePass was xbox and pc. :rudy:

Playstation and Xbox population almost 1:1.
:rudy:

you bird ass nikkas argue just to argue like bytches :mjlol:

what exactly is “almost” 1:1 and what does gamepass being on Xbox and pc got to do with anything? You’re claiming pc players now?

do you even play the game or are you just here to be catty like the rest of the lame ass clowns?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
you bird ass nikkas argue just to argue like bytches :mjlol:

what exactly is “almost” 1:1 and what does gamepass being on Xbox and pc got to do with anything? You’re claiming pc players now?

do you even play the game or are you just here to be catty like the rest of the lame ass clowns?
The numbers were posted a couple pages back.

Player counts between PS and Xbox are not that far off and there was a clear bump in engagement after the Gamepass release.

Why you so upset breh :dahell:

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The numbers were posted a couple pages back.

Player counts between PS and Xbox are not that far off and there was a clear bump in engagement after the Gamepass release.

Why you so upset breh :dahell:

I was there for it and saw how things played out. It was not just gamepass, it was gamepass AND Free to play being released in prep for BL. Which would’ve been known had you birds actually played instead of parroting what you saw on google.

I treat you goofy birds how you act, I’m not mad about anything :mjlol:

Aggressive language =\= :mad:, I have to explain this shyt to women all the time. I shouldn’t have to explain this to overgrown clowns stirring drama around video games.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Speaking from experience I promise you that Stadia is actually the the smallest destiny population:lolbron:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I was there for it and saw how things played out. It was not just gamepass, it was gamepass AND Free to play being released in prep for BL. Which would’ve been known had you birds actually played instead of parroting what you saw on google.

I treat you goofy birds how you act, I’m not mad about anything :mjlol:

Aggressive language =\= :mad:, I have to explain this shyt to women all the time. I shouldn’t have to explain this to overgrown clowns stirring drama around video games.
Well seems you were triggered by dude saying Gamepass helped.

You yourself have now admitted that Gamepass was part of the resurgence.

You with the “aggressive language” about a thing that can easily be reconciled and agreed on is the “bird” shyt.

Seems your accusation of others being “bytches” and “birds” is only projection

Only one acting like a bird ass bytch in here today is you :ufdup:

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Speaking from experience I promise you that Stadia is actually the the smallest destiny population:lolbron:

I’m pretty sure the majority of stadia users are crossplay accounts from people trying to play remote / on mobile.

stadia itself is so trash tho, I tried to give a chance and I can’t even fukk with it on some bored at work shyt because it barely works on my phone

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This wasn't a buyout for just a single IP.

Sony offers Bungie employees $1.2 billion retention incentive plan

Sony is offering Bungie employees a $1.2 billion incentive program in an effort to keep them at the company following the buyout.

In its recent Q3'21 earnings report, Sony confirmed it plans to spend a sizable portion of its Bungie buyout offer on retention. Sony says it is prepared to pay 1/3rd of its $3.6 billion buyout proposal, or roughly $1.2 billion, on a long-term incentive plan that will reward Bungie employees who stay with the company.

Sony will pay the remainder $2.4 billion for a direct buyout of Bungie's private shares. The bonus is aimed at keeping Bungie's current staff intact after the acquisition.

Deferred payments are planned across multiple years following the buyout closure. The company is prepared to pay about $792 million in deferred incentive payments in the first two years after the deal ends.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony offers Bungie employees $1.2 billion retention incentive plan

Sony is offering Bungie employees a $1.2 billion incentive program in an effort to keep them at the company following the buyout.

In its recent Q3'21 earnings report, Sony confirmed it plans to spend a sizable portion of its Bungie buyout offer on retention. Sony says it is prepared to pay 1/3rd of its $3.6 billion buyout proposal, or roughly $1.2 billion, on a long-term incentive plan that will reward Bungie employees who stay with the company.

Sony will pay the remainder $2.4 billion for a direct buyout of Bungie's private shares. The bonus is aimed at keeping Bungie's current staff intact after the acquisition.

Deferred payments are planned across multiple years following the buyout closure. The company is prepared to pay about $792 million in deferred incentive payments in the first two years after the deal ends.

This is why it seems like they paid so much, this is actually pretty good for all the employees. And now the evaluation doesn’t seem so bad

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Well seems you were triggered by dude saying Gamepass helped.

You yourself have now admitted that Gamepass was part of the resurgence.

You with the “aggressive language” about a thing that can easily be reconciled and agreed on is the “bird” shyt.

Seems your accusation of others being “bytches” and “birds” is only projection

Only one acting like a bird ass bytch in here today is you :ufdup:
xbox stans :mjlol: