Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Looters and ARPGs are my favorite type of games. Warframe, Division 2 and Destiny 2 are in my rotation. I didn’t think Borderlands was still relevant. Good to see it’s retained a healthy player base though. :yeshrug:
My guy above said you didn't purchase your console for those though. You purchased your $500+ console strictly to pay subscription services :lolbron:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
im on the side that this is good for gaming. pooling resources, basically, way more sustainable for those big ass budgets and maintenance

Daps

QZjP4Fn.png

Like I said, in terms of SALES Borderlands is the biggest looter shooter IP ever, and it's not close. 72 million compared to not even 20 million over Destiny 1 and 2's lifespan before it went F2P. Take 2's 2nd most successful IP behind only GTA, AKA the biggest IP in the entire industry.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
And #1 looter shooter mean jack shyt (they actually aren't even, Borderlands is the #1 looter shooter IP in terms of sales by far) :russ: People don't buy a fukking console to play looter shooters, they buy them and then KEEP spending money on their online subscription services to play COD and Apex. THAT'S what Sony wants but has never been able to achieve with flops like Killzone.
breh u have to be trolling.

when did anyone say destiny was a system seller? You can't deny destiny has a large community, like the game or not.

if Sony is looking at putting their games on other platforms, they're looking past consoles just like Microsoft is albeit on a smaller scale WITH BETTER GAMES.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Thanosoft owns all things Halo.

The team behind the OG trilogy is long gone from Bungie.

And? Both Microsoft and Sony are playing chess. This acquisition is right in line with other acquisitions they've made. And I'm not talking just video games. I bet people thought that them buying the assets of Konica Minolta was pretty stupid. 16 years later and Sony has finessed their way into the top 3 of camera manufacturers. And they're not in 3rd place. Sony now owns Bungie's assets, and Bungie also has access to the plethora of developers that Sony has.
only makes sense if you look at the tradeoff and $$$ involved in COD leasing for the future

they can multiplat destiny and the money made from microsoft would offset the dough they pay to use COD

basically using destiny and COD to offset eachother to crossplat ... instead of using COD and just paying microsoft and handing them bread, they can get alot of that dough back through destiny leasing now

that would be a smart move to make a decent portion of the money back, obviously some stan will bring up sales not matching... but its still a good portion of recovery

Yes and no. The money is in the live service, and taking that experience Bungie has, and filling that gap in the PlayStation brand. It’s about down the line being able to offer quality single player and multiplayer experiences.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
QZjP4Fn.png

Like I said, in terms of SALES Borderlands is the biggest looter shooter IP ever, and it's not close. 72 million compared to not even 20 million over Destiny 1 and 2's lifespan before it went F2P. Take 2's 2nd most successful IP behind only GTA, AKA the biggest IP in the entire industry.
:dwillhuh:

In its first weekend, Destiny 2 has been estimated to sell 1 million copies, and a total of 92 million units were sold in the first week at retail.

How much is Bungie worth? Destiny 2 player base and sales numbers - Pro Game Guides.

Somebody come get buddy...he really drunk out here.

Chef

All Star
Daps
My guy above said you didn't purchase your console for those though. You purchased your $500+ console strictly to pay subscription services :lolbron:

I got nothing against him and I’m not even trolling when I say this. I wish CoD came back like MW19 but I fell out of Warzone and Apex a while back. :pachaha:

I understand where he’s coming from but games are so diverse and plentiful, that everyone has their thing. I think a better metric is player retention instead of copies sold especially in this era of live service. Warframe is F2P yet it keeps reinventing itself.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
He said Borderlands was the best selling looter shooter of all time...:pachaha:
breh i dont even know where those numbers came from. just like cats saying Bungie was in talks with Microsoft before Sony. This is the second place I've seen that claim

They're scrambling brehs, trying to justify Microsoft overpaying for Actiblzz