Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

Daps

And you're autistic or at the very least dyslexic :mindblown:

z6gfe0F.png

V1a9esZ.png

You realize how much Take-Two would sell for compared to Bungie just did... the company that owns/publishes GRAND THEFT AUTO :mjlol::gucci:. Get your doctors to fix your contacts or get your meds right... I don't think you're even capable of reading what you're posting :unimpressed: Bruh reposting how much Bungie sold for as an argument like he can't even read the thread title :dead:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I think the retaliation here was clearly stating that Bungie will remain a multi-platform studio. It’s not as ambiguous as Microsoft saying they will honor their existing contracts. It’s all corpo talk so I trust all of them as far as I can throw ‘em. But still, they made sure to be clear about that, and that’s the rub.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
breh i dont even know where those numbers came from. just like cats saying Bungie was in talks with Microsoft before Sony. This is the second place I've seen that claim

They're scrambling brehs, trying to justify Microsoft overpaying for Actiblzz

56339.png

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
This actually isnt’ true

They absolutely have had talks over the years and Ms went the Bethesda/ Activision Blizzard approach instead as it helps boost the amount of IP they can use for their service.

They obviously didn't need Bungie anymore considering the moves they've made.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They absolutely have had talks over the years and Ms went the Bethesda/ Activision Blizzard approach instead as it helps boost the amount of IP they can use for their service.

They obviously didn't need Bungie anymore considering the moves they've made.

You must have sat in those meetings to know more than the CEO of Bungie

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
And you're autistic or at the very least dyslexic :mindblown:

z6gfe0F.png

You realize how much Take-Two would sell for compared to Bungie just did... the company that owns/publishes GRAND THEFT AUTO :mjlol::gucci:. Get your doctors to fix your contacts or get your meds right... I don't think you're even capable of reading what you're posting :unimpressed:

What are you even talking about right now my guy?!! :mjlol:

1. You started with nobody is playing Destiny - there are over 800K people logged into Destiny right now.
2. Then you moved to Borderlands being a bigger looter shooter than Destiny and out selling it - neither claim being true.
3. Now you've brought Take-Two into the mix, you have to be exhausted from all this goal post moving.

:dwillhuh: the thread is about Sony acquiring Bungie.

Cole, you stupid.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
i played the entirety of Destiny 1 and a lil bit of destiny 2 :mjlol:
Hmmm :usure:. We might need to start pulling receipts because some of y’all being disingenuous as hell with the reactions. You at least admitted to playing all of 1 but bouncing off 2.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
You must have sat in those meetings to know more than the CEO of Bungie
I'm not sure what your point is? This deal doesn't seal now nor at this price if MS doesn't scoop Activision.

And the statement doesn't really reflect on any talks they've previously had.

And plenty of folks outside of CEOs do work for proposals :manny:.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Sony needed some shooter games and Bungie has proven they can make a decent game with Destiny. It's not for me but those that are into it, its good for them and Sony does need to add some multiplayer fps games.

Daps
They absolutely sealed this deal at the current price point as a response. :stopitslime:

Saying "No no no, this deal wasn't a reaction to the Activision acquisition, they've been planning it for MONTHS :ufdup:"... like the Activision deal itself wasn't being talked over for just as, if not LONGER and people/shareholders in the industry weren't keenly aware of and worried about it potentially happening is. :mjlol:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Hmmm :usure:. We might need to start pulling receipts because some of y’all being disingenuous as hell with the reactions. You at least admitted to playing all of 1 but bouncing off 2.
Pull receipts then nilgrim. i bounced off two because i didnt like the way it started off but i heard they've improved alot since then, i just don't have that type of time any more. i have 537 hrs in D1 and i quit 4 years ago.

all that being said, i still recognize Bungie's ability to make engaging MP games like millions of others

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
Yes and no. The money is in the live service, and taking that experience Bungie has, and filling that gap in the PlayStation brand. It’s about down the line being able to offer quality single player and multiplayer experiences.

I think thats just accepting whatever answers are already out there. Sony has proven that they dont need anything, they dont need to buy things to be able to offer a quality single player multiplayer experience at all.
It offsets itself to say "sony develops good games" but also saying "they need to be able to offer quality single player and multiplayer experiences"

If that was even the case completely lets say... the game would now be exclusive to Sony in that regard. There's a reason why its immediately announced to not be exclusive on day 1 of the purchase. They can develop on top of what they have and expand further, but being crossplat is a direct way to cancel out if microsoft hit them with "you can have this for a price" ... now they can say "you can have this for a price too" If they didnt do this they lose 100 million just renting COD from microsoft with absolutely no return and thats not realistic. They would be stuck too because the fans would hate them for not doing it, but they would lose for doing it with no return. Its imperative they have a bargaining chip.

My prediction is Sony will unload some of the best new games in the following decade and microsoft will be left with all the games you loved 10 years ago bought up, besides a few staples of Sony umbrella (God Of War, Horizon etc) and obvious big names like the 2k, GTA's etc. Sony will probably have 50% new lineup of mindblowing games within 10 years that dont even exist right now. And then this "war" is right back to exactly how it started just with upgrades on both sides. Although Microsoft can buy and change the landscape, Sony has the ability to create landscapes and stay ahead. Money wise its perfect for everyone.... Sony is forced to not go stale, Microsoft has enough bread to take the hit... so Microsoft chases Sony into future development out of necessity and we all win. Because as of right now, there's probably all types of shyt happening at Sony that is going to change everything because of microsofts acquisitions. But its a friendly game as of today, neither side has crossed a boundary yet.