Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
So bungie told these nikkas from the gate they want their games multiplatform even if they signed with Sony...so unless these nikkas start making new IP's this deal is BASURA

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's worth a bag, sure. But 3.6 billion is a different beast especially since you are essentially getting one franchise.

That's half as much as Zenimax and M$ got like 10-12 franchises that were proven earners. I'm sure the figures are just estimates but looking into it they say Destiny might pull in 100 to 300 million a year at best. You know how many years it would take for Bungie to amass 3.6 billion? :picard:

sony is a boutique publisher, they only bring on quality. They not trying to buy some big publisher with a bunch of trash IP and studios

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So bungie told these nikkas from the gate they want their games multiplatform even if they signed with Sony...so unless these nikkas start making new IP's this deal is BASURA

Uhm, who gets the revenue even if multiplat? :skip:

Royalty bread or Distribution/Development/Royalty bread? :skip:

yall are hell :dead:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps

I been saying this. Xbots been poking the sony multiplayer bear for too long

They don't have an exclusive MP game better than halo or gears we got COD locked up for the future and nikkas can STILL play destiny...just keep cranking out those fire single player exclusives that's all we need Sony to do...

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
If Sony did this as a move to say (if you're taking COD and making it exclusive then we'll take destiny and make it exclusive)...I doubt Microsoft gives a fukk about destiny like that....
If they did, they would have bought them. My guess is MS refused to overpay AND let them stay independent.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

Yeah I'm hoping they make new IPs because Destiny alone ain't gonna cut it. They really did finesse the fukk out Sony they gonna have long money after they drop these Destiny TV shows and movies on paramount+ or whatever the fukk

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So are you being contrarian or do you actually believe Bungie/the Destiny IP is worth 3.6 billion? I don’t even think this is a bad get for Sony…just in shock at their show of confidence. This has the potential (operative word being potential) to be lucrative but as things stand, no, that franchise is absolutely not worth this amount of money.
I don’t know if it’s a good deal or not because it’s out of my field of expertise. Sony feels like it is so if you think it’s not bring out the facts.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
@42 Monks these nikkas really think Destiny isn’t good huh look at em:mjlol:
i mean its good at what it is but instead of talking about how or why - and how that bungie/sony could help each other and i dont know... maybe something about how that's actually good for people who play games

dudes ain't passed a home ec class talking about how far a billion really goes these days. its stupid

even basic shyt like the significance of a title surviving two types of cross gen efforts, going f2p when it didn't need to while also growing its model at the same time, reaching out to platforms to grow their own footprint, etc

nah lets just smack the dust off keyboards and fling boogers at the screen :unimpressed:
Yeah I'm hoping they make new IPs because Destiny alone ain't gonna cut it. They really did finesse the fukk out Sony they gonna have long money after they drop these Destiny TV shows and movies on paramount+ or whatever the fukk
some of d2's creative leads have been pulled off d2 and have been working on a new title for at least 2 years now. the creative studio stuff got propped up early last year.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jordan didnt want the Bulls to draft Pippen. I think Jordan is happier with them 6 rings than he is looking back and saying he played with Joe Wolf. Sometimes you have to do the smart thing for the long run.
You’re right. But different era. Superstars call the shots now and leave their franchises like it’s nothing

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
you obviously aren't an investor. Multiplat MULTIPLAYER games make money hand over fist.

And with that last dud, it wont take much to put Halo in the dirt. the game is almost dead on it's own....

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All jokes aside good cop for Sony, Bungie drops nothing but crack plus they already stated before they are working on a new ip. Those guys over there are hella talented so I’m very interested in what they do next. But for now I can’t wait for that expansion dropping next month. February 2022 will go down as one of the best years in gaming…hopefully

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
the deal is basically serving the same purpose as CoD for Sony (this isn't me saying Desitny is as big as CoD before yall start quoting me) . Sony is gonna market the hell out of Destiny and the new game now with a nice shiny makeover, its gonna do bigger numbers off that alone and sony is gonna reap 100% of the benefits. Its only the beginning of what they can do with this type of deal

i will be very surprised if they don't announce a Desitny movie or anime series by the end of this year.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
the deal is basically serving the same purpose as CoD. Sony is gonna market the hell out of Destiny and the new game now with a nice shiny makeover, its gonna do bigger numbers off that alone and sony is gonna reap 100% of the benefits. Its only the beginning of what they can do with this type of deal
how do you post all these links then make that statement