Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
We really acting like this moves the needle? :unimpressed:

It does move the needle. Call of Duty was a huge steal. Microsoft took the giant of FPS shooters off the 3rd party market. The same with Zenimax because there goes Doom. With Bungie they get the developer who made the Xbox mascot and with plenty of experience making a FPS where everything works. On top of that the Halo trailer just dropped for Paramount +. This also gives Sony another IP they can mine for movies or a series.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
you're mad, admit M$ overpaid for Actiblzz & that this is a smart purchase
Console war over billion dollar corporation pockets brehs :mjlol:

I don’t give a fukk, ain’t my money. They both paid what they thought was fair.

Only you weirdo stans trying to argue Over who got a better deal.

Do better Sony stan brehs :smh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Console war over billion dollar corporation pockets brehs :mjlol:

I don’t give a fukk, ain’t my money. They both paid what they thought was fair.

Only you weirdo stans trying to argue Over who got a better deal.

Do better Sony stan brehs :smh:

MiserlyGlitteringHamster-size_restricted.gif

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
If Sony did this as a move to say (if you're taking COD and making it exclusive then we'll take destiny and make it exclusive)...I doubt Microsoft gives a fukk about destiny like that....

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So are you being contrarian or do you actually believe Bungie/the Destiny IP is worth 3.6 billion? I don’t even think this is a bad get for Sony…just in shock at their show of confidence. This has the potential (operative word being potential) to be lucrative but as things stand, no, that franchise is absolutely not worth this amount of money.
Can you support your belief with anything other than a feeling? You're not "getting one over on" or "tricking" a multinational corporation with a deal like this. That's is a stan belief. Besides, this isn't really about a singular franchise or single IP. It's about building sustained revenue streams from GaaS. Remember, they were going to buy Leyou for similar reasons.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
It does move the needle. Call of Duty was a huge steal. Microsoft took the giant of FPS shooters off the 3rd party market. The same with Zenimax because there goes Doom. With Bungie they get the developer who made the Xbox mascot and with plenty of experience making a FPS where everything works. On top of that the Halo trailer just dropped for Paramount +. This also gives Sony another IP they can mine for movies or a series.

Thanosoft owns all things Halo.

The team behind the OG trilogy is long gone from Bungie.

BlaccSunrise

Superstar
Daps
Who cares?

Sony out here buying this lame developer for some mediocre multiplayer shooter, when they should be getting on Naughty Dog's ass to drop FACTIONS:martin:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
you're a doof if you don't think destiny is worth a bag. Destiny 2 is still live out here. There will be a Destiny 3 AND another IP. Bungie is a trusted developer with a pretty good track record (despite the obvious missteps with the Destiny expansions here and there)

It's worth a bag, sure. But 3.6 billion is a different beast especially since you are essentially getting one franchise.

That's half as much as Zenimax and M$ got like 10-12 franchises that were proven earners. I'm sure the figures are just estimates but looking into it they say Destiny might pull in 100 to 300 million a year at best. You know how many years it would take for Bungie to amass 3.6 billion? :picard: