Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
this is smart tho, Sony and Bungie have a great working relationship after Microsoft hung them out to dry. Not near on the level the Actiblzz acquistion, but they got a solid studio for a fraction of the price

they would've been dumb to even THINK about coppin' Take Two

and it does move the needle because they didn't need to break the bank at all, Bungie is still relevant out here don't get it twisted

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
I don’t care if you love the game or not. Do you have a idea of their finances? What are you basing that off?
So are you being contrarian or do you actually believe Bungie/the Destiny IP is worth 3.6 billion? I don’t even think this is a bad get for Sony…just in shock at their show of confidence. This has the potential (operative word being potential) to be lucrative but as things stand, no, that franchise is absolutely not worth this amount of money.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Lebron and AD asked for Westbrook. If you were a bright mind you know you do whatever to make your generational talents happy

Jordan didnt want the Bulls to draft Pippen. I think Jordan is happier with them 6 rings than he is looking back and saying he played with Joe Wolf. Sometimes you have to do the smart thing for the long run.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I actually rolled out of bed, took a peak at the news, and was genuinely happy to hear that Bungie found a large support structure to lean on after rebuilding their momentum since splitting with Activision.

but nope its already fukking stupid and grating to even attempt to discuss

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Google Stadia
Amazon Luna
Microsoft xCloud
Three of the biggest companies out there are invested into cloud gaming. Even Sony is invested into it. The question is how viable does that become in this console generation.

Google stadia failed
Amazon games about to go under after the disaster of lost world mmo
And Microsoft been in last place despite spending all this $$$

Yall are delusional

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Nah I think the writing is on the wall. I don't like it, but I can easily see a world where gamepass and spartacus are just an app people have built into their smart TVs and laptops. No more playstations or xboxes required.

What world?

The tech is not there for cloud gaming
Yall are literally making stuff up that MIGHT happen 10 years from now

Until nintendo goes 100% into cloud gaming , then we can talk

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I’m thinking this. Sony gonna need a solid laudable FPS once COD is gone.

I’m still not really liking this industry consolidation shyt. From Comcast/NBC/, to ATT/Dish/HBO, Disney, Microsoft, this deal.. etc etc..these megatrons gonna put a hurting on the creative industry as a whole, IMO

This isn't possible. Developers have always left former companies and created their own. The lead COD devs left and started Respawn Entertainment. Same goes for Rockstar devs forming Make a Rocket Boy

So while everything can be bought up, it don't mean nothing in the grand scheme if devs are leaving and forming their own studios. I imagine gamers aren't THAT dumb to support a monopoly.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
So are you being contrarian or do you actually believe Bungie/the Destiny IP is worth 3.6 billion? I don’t even think this is a bad get for Sony…just in shock at their show of confidence. This has the potential (operative word being potential) to be lucrative but as things stand, no, that franchise is absolutely not worth this amount of money.
you're a doof if you don't think destiny is worth a bag. Destiny 2 is still live out here. There will be a Destiny 3 AND another IP. Bungie is a trusted developer with a pretty good track record (despite the obvious missteps with the Destiny expansions here and there)