Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
^same paul btw - Microsoft Reportedly Tried To Buy Bungie And ‘Destiny 2’ But It Cost Too Much

make of that what you will
Same. If you're the top Destiny player, I'm 2. Been playing consistently since D1 day 1. They've been losing players since release. No way they're worth it unless we don't know something. Bungie played them.
yal just say shyt to say shyt :unimpressed:
I have no horse in this race but man this thread and the Microsoft brought out the absolute worst. This section is starting to be worst than TLR:hhh:
straight garbage fr

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Desperation move due to Microsoft buying up everything. shyt not moving a needle at all. This may explain why some bungie employees went to 343 a couple of months ago. This deal was in the works for 6 months

:mjlol:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
National Pride.

All money ain't good money either.

Unfortunately here, everything is about the dollar and that's leading directly to the fall of this country.
If they want to take less money to get bent over by fellow Japanese, that's on them. Shareholders generally don't act like that.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
that's the point, it's obviously not all about the dollar.
its not

MS was beating down Bungie's door trying to get them on board back when 343 was under pressure. If anyone knows how to point out an unideal situation, its them.

If anything, most thought Bungie would be scooped by Tencent. But if independent freedom is there plus more resources to lean on is their thing, then Sony isn't a bad option for what they've been trying to do when it comes to expanding their creative studios and helping out on the technical side. Bungie may have hated Activision's expansion cycle demands but they definitely loved the help from VV and blizzard.
You have D2 player stats? I watch videos covering this type of shyt, as 90 plus percent of my game time is Destiny.
okay that's nice but like.... hat's got nothing to do with destiny literally setting benchmarks as an malleable f2p/multiplatform live service that's watched competitors try to hang and die for 7+ years now

how much playtime you or i got nothing to do with the fact that 'destiny has lost players since launch' is not only false but a straight up bad way to even frame the kind of success the title has had :unimpressed:

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Good for Sony, I had fun with the first game, story was weak but still im sure its better now. Glad they are getting a good Multiplayer game. I have the series x and the switch so destiny isn’t a mover for me, hopefully Sony can create a Gamepass copycat i might get a ps5 at some point, if they can continue to buy like MS.