Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can agree with that, yeah. But specifically I feel that this is a gamepass/spartacus venture. By having Destiny in particular exclusive to spartacus, that gives Sony a multiplayer FPS that actively makes money on their platform, which they previously lacked.

But still, CoD on gamepass is a head turner.

Agreed. I can easily see this as a case where the titles are free on Gamepass/Spartacus, and still available on the opposite platform, where Sony/Microsoft will happily give the other their standard 30% cut of revenue in return for the standard 70%.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That's a pipe dream that MS is selling. There is no evidence that says game systems are going goodbye anytime soon.

They can't even keep ps5s on the shelves.
Google Stadia
Amazon Luna
Microsoft xCloud
Three of the biggest companies out there are invested into cloud gaming. Even Sony is invested into it. The question is how viable does that become in this console generation.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I thought o was missing something but I’m not…from a gaming standpoint I couldn’t care less about either of these last two buys..

Cod, Overwatch and Destiny :camby:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I think that's coming.

Smart TVs, smartphones and tablets are all progressing faster in the hardware department than a lot of people think.
The best current TVs have a small fraction of the horsepower of XSX or PS5. That hardware is also more general purpose. A TV with the horsepower of a 500 dollar console would likely cost an extra 400 to 500 dollars. Pointless, and higher failure rate. No TV company would bother.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
They will never perform on par unless there is console level hardware in the TV, which negates the purpose. Casuals at best.
And whoever dies it first will take a huge risk. Imagine the next Playstation or Xbox is a TV with the console hardware included inside...that's gonna be like $2000 :scust:
It won't sell well at that price so
You either gotta gimp the gaming hardware or gimp the display.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bungie creators of the best Halo now work for playstation!! :russ:

How many of the Halo creators and team are still with Bungie?

Either way good for Sony.

Not really impressed or sure about a 4 Milly Bungie buy, but it's not me they are trying to impress

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The best current TVs have a small fraction of the horsepower of XSX or PS5. That hardware is also more general purpose. A TV with the horsepower of a 500 dollar console would likely cost an extra 400 to 500 dollars. Pointless, and higher failure rate. No TV company would bother.

That's true RIGHT NOW.

That might not be the case in 2040. Especially since Sony has history in the TV industry.